Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 02:39:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334646 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Game selection help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game selection help  (Read 2172 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2013, 01:54:30 PM »

I am going to be having surgery next month and will not be able to leave my bed for a good 3-5 days except to utilize the toilet. Even that I might rig a pulley system of some sort. So I am looking for some games to play. I havent played many of the PS3 RPGs that are out (not that there are that many). I played Valkyria Chronicles, Ni No Kuni, Disgaea 3 and 4...and I think that's it. I like turn based RPGs and SRPGs. I am not as big of a fan of action RPGs, but I wouldn't hate a hybrid. Thoughts?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 02:04:47 PM »

Gimmie an idea of series you already played.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 02:28:19 PM »

On systems other than the PS3 I have played a lot-SMT games, Shining Force (the SRPGs), FF, Tales games, Vagrant Story, Vandal Hearts, Brigandine....actually everything from the GC, PS1 and 2, Sega, SNES, and Nintendo

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 02:47:29 PM »

Does that include Jade Cocoon 2 and or Mana Khemia?

IM SORRY I JUST LOVE THOSE GAMES OK.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 02:56:47 PM »

Does that include Jade Cocoon 2 and or Mana Khemia?

IM SORRY I JUST LOVE THOSE GAMES OK.

Yep. Jade Cocoon 1 and 2 were both excessively phalic and perverse "GET SEED AND GO INTO THE VAGINA PLANT*

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »

Are you trying to Freud me?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 12:37:51 AM »

There are 4 Atelier games on PS3. Rorona is probably the weakest of them, and even that one I enjoyed. If you've never played an Atelier game, may want to just skip ahead to the 14th game (newest in the US): Atelier Ayesha.

It's turn-based RPG (3-character combat) with lots of item and synthesis stuff. And it has incredible art and music. So ... yeah, just do that.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 01:07:23 AM »

Are we allowed to ask what kind of surgery you're having? Something serious? I hope you're ok.
Sorry, I don't have any game recs. All I play is Action rpgs nowadays.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 10:12:11 PM »

Thanks for the recommendation Ramza. I was curious about those and where to start with the current games. I played one back on PS2 I think.

I am having a stomach surgery. I have a torn muscle and an Umbilical hernia. They have to repair them both and the doctor said the recover will be 'excruciating'. Not something you ever want to have a doctor say haha. I will likely not get up for a couple days considering the stomach muscles are going to be sore and moving is not going to be pleasant.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 11:20:38 AM »

The sooner you get up, the quicker you recover.

Make sure you use the incentive spirometer they give ya
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 12:19:07 PM »

The sooner you get up, the quicker you recover.

Make sure you use the incentive spirometer they give ya

I am sure glad I have a prolific doctor like you in my life to say the opposite of my other doctor, Yoda. ;-)

Ok, so I picked up a few games at the Target sale (Pokemon Y, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, Tales of Xillia). They didn't have Atelier anything but I downloaded Ayesha from PSN. That should keep me occupied. I hope none of it is funny. I can't imagine laughing after this surgery.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 12:57:45 PM »

I am a nurse on a surgical floor in a hospital.

The lazy assholes that stay in bed remain in the hospital longer and develop nasty things like hospital acquired pneumonia. The people that tough it out have a better outlook and recover faster.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 02:00:42 PM »

Just fucking with ya, Yoda. I don't intend to stay in bed that long, even if I wanted to I couldn't. My surgery is on a Thursday, I figure Friday I will spend most of my day taking it easy and then get back to normal movement on Saturday, at least for a good chunk of the day. I obviously won't lift anything for a month or two, but I am hoping to be walking normally by Monday.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 02:17:30 PM »

There ya go.

Be well
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: