Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 11:13:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338022 Posts in 13840 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Question regarding importing.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question regarding importing.  (Read 915 times)
Blees

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2006, 06:30:58 PM »

Seeing as I'm new to these boards I might as well introduce myself.

I'm a 18 year old male living in Belgium, Europe. I've been playing videogames ever since my brother introduced me to the NES when I was a little kid. Which in terms introduced me to the a lot of fun genres including RPGs.

Now that's done I'll explain my question.

As I said in my introduction, I'm from Europe and everyone knows that Europeans have to wait quiet a bit longer than Americans/Canadians for RPGs to arrive here...if they arrive that is...

But with the PlayStation 3 I'll be able to import my games without having to worry about region locks as far as I know. Thus my I'm kind of wondering if anyone could elaborate on the process of importing a game.

I know you just import it from a store/auction site meaning we have to pay the cost for the game + shipping costs. However I have no idea what the custom costs for 1 videogame are and if there are perhaps any other costs I'm unaware of.

Perhaps some European importers could post how much their imported games costed them (including customs + shipping costs) to see if it is actually cheaper than buying them in shops here.

Thanks =)
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 04:26:09 PM »

depend the shop and the kind of the ship you choose, but normally the shiip between ameria-europe is about 5 or 10 euros in normal mode, if you want a  fast order you will pay more is quite logic.  But you have to watch too the price of the euro is more hight than the dollars, and if you import games of usa for example, game +  shipping, is more cheap than a game in pal version ( for the general )

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: