Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 02:12:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341233 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Wishlist 2014
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Wishlist 2014  (Read 1548 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: November 26, 2013, 04:05:42 PM »

Getting to be that time of year where we have a good idea of what sort of titles we'll be seeing in the year to come. So what titles are you looking forward to the most? Which ones will you be getting day one and which ones do you need to wait and see some reviews for? What possible titles are you hoping for?
=======

I initially thought my own list would be pretty small, but the more I think about it the more I keep adding to the list:

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - Unless I get Bravely Default, this will probably my first game of the new year. I'm really looking forward to it, despite XIII's reputation. I feel like the story has a lot of potential as of the end of XIII-2 and any game that lets me collect gear/outfits I'm all for.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD - When I first played FFX I was so excited by a next-gen FF with voice acting that I was enamored by it. Then when I sat back and thought about it, I was underwhelmed. Then when I dove into the endgame grind, I actually fell in love with it all over again. Can not wait to play the International Version

Super Smash Bros WiiU - As long as it has the level of nostalgia milking unlockables that Brawl had, I am so on board.

Destiny - The more I hear about this game and the more I see of it, the more I'm looking forward to it. I know it's coming out on the PS3 as well, but I'm hoping to pick up a PS4 when this comes out.

Wildstar - I make it a point to try out pretty much every new MMO that gets released (except ESO, 'cause ew), but this one has been on my radar for a while now. The combat system looks amazing and it'll be nice to finally dive into another MMO that isn't part of an established universe.  Concerned about the typical problems that plague a PvP focused MMO, but I'll have to wait and see.

Star Citizen - I was really looking forward to Jumpgate Evolution, but with this on the horizon the pain of it's cancellation is finally being healed.

Theatrythym Curtain Call - I don't have a lot of doubts that we'll be seeing this in NA/EU. Whether or not it will be a more DLC riddled title than the first remains to be seen.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 05:41:31 PM by Klutz64 » Logged
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 04:25:12 PM »

Trails in the Sky SC
Yes, it deserves the giant font

Importing this for sure.
--------

Bravely Default

Really enjoyed the demo. Might not get it straight away but definately on my wish list.
--------

FFXIII-3

Looking forward to this. Not expecting a lot but it should be fun. Might wait for price drop though.
---------

FFXV

Game looks pretty cool and sho... Who am I kidding? Final Fantasy Forever won't be out in my lifetime.
-------

Atelier Escha and Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

<3 the Atelier series. Definitely getting this. For some reason no store in Ireland seemed to sell Aesha so I might have to import.
-------

Then there are games such as Inazuma Eleven 3, Dark Souls 2 and ElderScrolls Online that I will probably pick up if I can afford to at the time.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:23:06 PM by Darilon » Logged

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 04:31:29 PM »

Trails in the Sky SC
Yes, it deserves the giant font

Importing this for sure.
--------
Bravely Default
Really enjoyed the demo
------

Bless you and your gigantic font size.
And Klutz is my hero for colouring text.

Trails and Brave Default are #1 and #1 (tie) for that.

FFX and X-2 as well, despite it being technically a replay.

+ Whatever else I want to afford.  I'm mostly about portable games these years, so I'm excited for the 3DS, curious if the Vita will get interesting, and hope for some shizz on the PS4/WiiU to keep things interesting.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:54:18 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 05:22:14 PM »

What I'm most looking forward to in 2014 are Revolution 60 (iOS), Bravely Default (3DS), and Child of Light (PS3).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 08:05:26 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 07:17:11 PM »

SMTxFE (if it still exists and hasn't been kiboshed by the Sega buyout).
X (but I doubt it'll be ready before 2015).
SSBfor (either WiiU or 3DS or possibly both).
TitSSC (the SC stands for Second Cup).
Bravely Default (because it looks like Final Fantasy doing what FF does best but playtested to hell and back).
Child of Light (because this looks promising as all hell).
D4 (because Deadly Premonition was just that good).
Drakengard 3 (because it looks like they'll finally pair the :wtc: writing with decent gameplay).
MGSV (its like all the odd numbered MGS titles are the ones really worth playing while the even ones are more incremental and story focused).
Shantae 3 (will you come out already).
Kirby 3DS (looks solid).
Natural Doctrine (yeah, this looks fairly generic and I'm probably the only one who still remembers it but I can always hope for another VC or AtL).
Farewell Umihara Kawase (and again, I'm probably the only one who remembers or cares about this).
Deception IV (if it ever leaves Japan).
And some of those Kickstarters (you know who you are).

FFXIII-2

Looking forward to this. Not expecting a lot but it should be fun. Might wait for price drop though.

Isn't this already out though? Either way, you're not missing much outside of "SOMETHING'S HAPPENING! IT MUST BE A PARADOX!!! :byodame:".

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »

FFXIII-2

Isn't this already out though? Either way, you're not missing much outside of "SOMETHING'S HAPPENING! IT MUST BE A PARADOX!!! :byodame:".

Yeah, it was a typo. Meant FFXIII-3. I didn't mind the game that much. Actually had a lot of fun with it. Of course those quiz machines in Academia can fuck themselves into whatever paradox they wanted.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »

Is TITS still coming out on Steam? That's the only game upcoming what I have a machine for that could run.

Beyond that, uh, whatever new Euro Truck DLC SCS feels like cooking out with.

Also there's some new Dreamcast games coming out next year that I KIND of want but NG:DEV.TEAM's games are apparently pretty divisive, and Pier Solar HD is a little too generic JRPG for its asking price and my tastes.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 10:42:15 PM »

Is TITS still coming out on Steam? That's the only game upcoming what I have a machine for that could run.

Yes it is.  Enjoy your steamy TiTS.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 10:51:13 PM »

That sounds uncomfortable.

and yeah, I forgot Child of Light.  I want that more than I want my dog (jk, I love the bitch).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 11:08:25 PM »

That sounds uncomfortable.

and yeah, I forgot Child of Light.  I want that more than I want my dog (jk, I love the bitch).

Sometimes I want to get another dog but I realize I'd just... worry about it so much and then it would die eventually anyway and I don't know if I can deal with that. "When you have no one, no one can hurt you."

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 01:39:17 AM »

"So what titles are you looking forward to the most?"

The most? The Evil Within. I can go on for a while explaining why I'm looking foward to it. That said, I don't have any particular expectation for it so whatever TEW offers I'm gonna keep an open mind about it.

There's also other stuff but I'm not in the mood to make a list now.

The ending is so good though. I also enjoyed the rest story and all the expansions (or retcons if you prefer) that were made to the narrative. Hell! I can go as far as saying that XIII-2 is the reason why I have been interested in LR.

Of course those quiz machines in Academia can fuck themselves into whatever paradox they wanted.

You didn't bother with the slot machines in Serendipity right? Because they were way worse.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 03:15:13 AM »

The ending is so good though. I also enjoyed the rest story and all the expansions (or retcons if you prefer) that were made to the narrative. Hell! I can go as far as saying that XIII-2 is the reason why I have been interested in LR.

And again, this is where you and I differ in opinion. I'm sorry, but I just can't take a villain with an instant "I WIN!" button built into his chest seriously, especially if there is literally nothing stopping him from pressing it at any given moment except for his own laziness and wanting to obtain maximum levels of douche-baggery.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 03:56:31 AM »

^I don't mind anyone having a different opinion about XIII-2. After all nobody can take from me the enjoyment I got out of it.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 10:24:14 AM »

I'm not really looking forward to a whole lot.

Getting a 3DS for Christmas, so I can then play stuff like A Link Between Worlds.
Eventually getting a Vita, so I can play Memories of Celcetta, etc.
Child of Light
Transistor
Lords of Shadow 2
MGSV, I guess, but I was happy to be done with all things Metal Gear after 4.
Dragon Age 3
Probably a few I'm forgetting.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 12:06:07 PM »

I forgot about Transistor. :(

Probably a bunch of other things too like that Yoshi's Epic Yarn game.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: