Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:21:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330166 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Microsoft, gonna be in hot water for this one....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Microsoft, gonna be in hot water for this one....  (Read 820 times)
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 27, 2013, 01:53:30 PM »

Seriously, what were they thinking....

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/we-got-your-back

doh
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »

Seriously, what were they thinking....

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/we-got-your-back

I wouldn't say hot water.... but this is just kinda gross ...and weird... and "small-minded" of them.  Was this the best they got?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »

I found it hilariously cheesy and ridiculous.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 01:59:40 PM »

small-minded is pretty much the summation of all of Microsoft's marketing strategies of late.

My favorite was the Bing street team that was all like "Hey! If you can differentiate Bing from Google (aka the search engine you see everyday most likely) we'll give you a free XBox and use you as a testimonial!"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:02:55 PM by Klutz64 » Logged

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 02:00:40 PM »

Maybe, dunno how well it'll work as a marketing strategy for a game system though...

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 02:05:02 PM »

small-minded is pretty much the summation of all of Microsoft's marketing strategies of late.

My favorite was the Bing street team that was all like "Hey! If you can differentiate Bing from Google (aka the search engine you see everyday most likely) we'll give you a free XBox and use you as a testimonial!"
I dunno about that, companies can get really small minded. Remember the PS4 "how to let your friends borrow your game" spot? It was hilarious, but still pretty small minded.

Maybe, dunno how well it'll work as a marketing strategy for a game system though...
Well, they have some good ones too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU9mZJ8vmdA

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 02:46:23 PM »

I don't see how they would get in hot water for this. I mean, it's not like they kicked a puppy saying"XBOX IS AS FUN AS DOING THIS" or anything. They are giving people an option to send a letter saying ridiculous things to try and convince friends...lovers...stalkers.. parent....to buy an xbox one. How is this bad? I mean, it isn't a good marketing ploy in my opinion but it isn't bad enough to put them in hot water.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 02:49:33 PM »

Yeah, nothing weird here. It's been done plenty of times.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »

I kinda prefer Barq's new and provocative slogan to get my attention than send out a letter.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »

I dunno about that, companies can get really small minded. Remember the PS4 "how to let your friends borrow your game" spot? It was hilarious, but still pretty small minded.

Adam Boyes talked about how that thing came up with Giant Bomb after E3.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »

It's just weird. All the underlined words just make it sound so stilted. I don't see the hot water thing, besides maybe the underlying implication that it's a dude talking to a girl.
I'm more bothered by the idea that somebody would have the balls to ask someone else to buy a $500 game system for them. Now that's the crazy part.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »

Why not? Some people ask for $1000 chunks of highly pressurized carbon for no reason at all sometimes. ;P

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »

People have been sharing gift wishlists on amazon for years.

This just has the annoying add-on of a terribly written plea for stuff.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 06:37:18 PM »

Hey Grandma,

Not sure if youíve heard, but Xbox One is now available. That means we can start playing games like Powerstar Golf. I know, I know. Youíd rather eat the skin of 12-day-old pudding than watch me experience the Golden Age of Pirates, but hear me out on this. Xbox One is actually for both of us. Seriously.

I put together a list of reasons why the console could benefit you and meótogether and apart, but mostly together:

Games! Maybe you donít LOVE games like I do, but thereís really something for everyone. While Iím playing Madden NFL 25 , you might like exercise games. And since you were just begging me to dance, Iím willing to play Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag just with you. Itís a win-win!
Entertainment for both of us. You love football and I love football. Well, with the Xbox One, we can love both. We can catch your favorite band AND check out my favorite band. Just think of all this togetherness we're going to experience. Itís gonna be awesome!
It will help us get fit. The console offers Xbox Fitness free with Xbox Live Gold through December 2014* so we can get bikini body I've always dreamed of, while working out to Tracy Anderson.
Play with others. Youíve been encouraging me to spend less time in the bathroom and it just so happens that Xbox One has the best multiplayer service that filters out jerks. So donít you worry. If we get an Xbox One, Iíll be expanding my horizons in no time.
We can talk on Skype with your sweet grandma whom, of course, I love dearly. Heck, we can even talk to them while we watch your favorite TV show.
So what do you say? Letís be like an awesome movie montageójust me, you, and my our Xbox Oneótogether at last.

Xoxo,
Me

p.s. Did I mention how beautiful you are? And how I really appreciate that you sing me to sleep?
p.p.s If (or should I say when) we get Xbox One, you have dibs on the first Skype call that we experience together.
p.p.p.s Long story short: I really, really, really want one for the holidaysóyíknow... for us.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 01:40:42 AM »

The link didn't work for me so I had to use my google magic to find out what the link originally was (not sure if its where I am that doesn't let me see or they just removed it). It's a silly joke, I thought it was funny, and the only people that make mountains out of molehills over things like this tend to be the bottom feeder tabloids and social justice warriors with no sense of humor and way too much time on their hands.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: