Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:28:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332853 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Eragon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Eragon  (Read 3490 times)
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 10:42:42 AM »

Quote from: "Merkava"
Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"

Here's something you all should learn: Any film about dragons that has Jeremy Irons in it is always crap.

Edit: I wondered why there was almost no dialogue in the trailers... :P

I'll take that as NOT a shot at Jeremy Irons, since he's a great actor. I say any movie with dragons not made by Peter Jackson will become the rule of thumb for suck. :P

It's not a shot at Jeremy Irons, it's a shot at dragon movies where Jeremy Irons plays a key role. I'm getting at the other Jeremy Irons dragon movie, Dungeons and Dragons, here. While that movie was rather, err, crap, I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as Eragon.

They really should learn to get great actors in appropriate films...
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 11:21:56 AM »

Going into the movie, I thought this was a more adult-orinted movie. I didn't care for it myself. The plot was utterly predictable, and I can't stand dragons communicating to humans. It seemed too much of a clone of LOTR mixed with Dragonheart and the acting capabilities of a bad Sci Fi channel movie. The only things I found great were the landscapes, some of the battle scenes and those things that were obviously ripoffs of the Nazgul that had the maggots/bugs crawling all over them. And you only saw those for about 20 seconds total.

My biggest surprise was the ticket prices. I haven't been to a movie in the theatre since earlier in the year. Ticket prices were 7 bucks then, this weekend they were $8.50. 2 people, popcorn and 2 pops were 30 bucks. Looks like I'll be watching a lot more movies on DVD from now on.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 03:09:33 AM »

Wow, movie tickets there are expensive. Over here, our tickets are around $3 or 4$ (US Dollars).

Didn't watch this in the end, as my brother was discouraged by newspaper reviews from seeing it on the silver screen. Maybe I'll just borrow the DVD from a friend. I'm sure someone in my group's crazy enough over the main actor to buy it when it comes out.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 09:52:27 AM »

Quote from: "CastNuri"
Wow, movie tickets there are expensive. Over here, our tickets are around $3 or 4$ (US Dollars).

Didn't watch this in the end, as my brother was discouraged by newspaper reviews from seeing it on the silver screen. Maybe I'll just borrow the DVD from a friend. I'm sure someone in my group's crazy enough over the main actor to buy it when it comes out.

They went up because our minimum wage went up, which is the reason I've always been against minimum wage hikes. Everything else goes up, so a person making minimum wage makes the same as she/he did before, maybe even less.

To be fair, I saw Eragon at a theater complex in a larger town about 30 miles away. The little one-screen theater in the small town I live in is like 5 dollars, but Eragon isn't playing there for another few weeks.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 11:25:23 AM »

Well that's still better than my area.  Cheapest theater near my home costs 9 per person.  I think the nicer theaters are 10.50.  Absolutely ridiculous.  At least here at school all the theaters have student discounts at $5.  But I haven't been to a movie theater in over a year so...
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 06:12:59 PM »

Tickets here are 7-8. That equates to about $13.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 07:16:45 PM »

It's probably the one thing that turned me off to the UK when I visited.  The ridiculously high prices.
the2na

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 10:08:25 PM »

Ticket prices here are around $5, but because I work at my movie theater I get in for free.

Didn't like the book, so I doubt I'll see the movie anytime soon unless a friend wants to go.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: