Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 01:03:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341062 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy VI announced for iOS/Android
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI announced for iOS/Android  (Read 16024 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2014, 07:24:55 PM »

I'm sure you can get through the game just spamming attacks and cures since they scaled the difficulty back. It's not like FF6 was the hardest game to begin with.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2014, 07:31:51 PM »

FFVI is as hard as you want it to be.

My playthrough in the RPGFantasy is a forced fight run up to now.
Meaning guard and item are used pretty damn often.

Locke stealing/magic will conflict for sure.
For some other characters, you'd wish you could just remove FIGHT and free the top spot (Sabin, Edgar, Cyan, Mog)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2014, 07:34:42 PM »

That's intentionally nerfing yourself, though.  That's not really the true difficulty of the game when you're intentionally limiting it.

FFVI in its base form is incredibly easy, it didn't need a nerf to make it "easier to access." I suppose the best thing to do would have been to increase the amount of the ABP (or whatever their new translation for them is) in early battles, so here's to hoping that's all they did.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2014, 07:37:20 PM »

Pretty much what Cyril said, the logic "it's as hard as you want it to be" can be applied to any game. I can make a Suikoden game hard if I never sharpen my weapons but that doesn't really mean anything. A difficulty slider would be a better thing rather than just asking people to play poorly on purpose.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2014, 07:39:40 PM »

For some other characters, you'd wish you could just remove FIGHT and free the top spot (Sabin, Edgar, Cyan, Mog)

I wouldn't remove Fight from Mog given that his Dance ability is a crapshoot to begin with, let alone actually succeeding at getting him to dance a dance of a different terrain (Mog is a Geomancer/Dancer armed like a Lancer).

At least with Gogo you can (too bad that means you'll have to scroll to use his other commands).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2014, 08:08:37 PM »

You can get Twilight Requiem right at the beginning when you control the moogle group.
Between that and Water Rondo, I don't really ever touch fight with him.

That's intentionally nerfing yourself, though.  That's not really the true difficulty of the game when you're intentionally limiting it.

True enough, but unlike most games, the challenges are well-known and many people try them (Same with FFX).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:17:33 PM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2014, 09:21:27 PM »

See, I like these.  FF6 iOS is basically they took the bottom-right box around the sprite, then streeetched it and made the pixels a little smoother with more pixels!
The FF1 PSP sprites at least added details.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2014, 09:28:41 PM »

Exactly.  I liked the FFI and II PSP sprites.  Those actually are better looking than the FFVI ones, which is pretty sad.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »

You can get Twilight Requiem right at the beginning when you control the moogle group.
Between that and Water Rondo, I don't really ever touch fight with him.

That's intentionally nerfing yourself, though.  That's not really the true difficulty of the game when you're intentionally limiting it.

True enough, but unlike most games, the challenges are well-known and many people try them (Same with FFX).

And FFT.

Also Dusk Requiem is like the worst of Mog's Dances since its either Demi-wannabe Cave in or the ever more and worse than useless Snare that usually comes up. Elf Fire is unlikely and also used in Forest Suite and Love Sonata (albeit Love Sonata is probably the single worst Dance in the game and Forest Suite is not that much better than Dusk Requiem) and Pois. Frog is the rare effect. Also also, Water Rondo is the hardest Dance to learn in the game (i.e. the only permanently missable one).

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2014, 11:23:18 PM »

Cave In 7/16
Reduces one target's HP to 25% of its current amount and causes Sap. It is unblockable, but it will fail on targets immune to instant death.

Snare 6/16
Causes instant death to one opponent. Its Hit Rate is 100, and it will fail on targets immune to instant death. It works against the undead, and stalls final attacks for one turn.

13/16 chance of either heavily damaging a unit or plain killing it. It's not great against bosses, but I usually don't dance against bosses (unless it's a boss that snare can insta-kill)
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2014, 01:19:14 AM »

Cave In 7/16
Reduces one target's HP to 25% of its current amount and causes Sap. It is unblockable, but it will fail on targets immune to instant death.

Snare 6/16
Causes instant death to one opponent. Its Hit Rate is 100, and it will fail on targets immune to instant death. It works against the undead, and stalls final attacks for one turn.

13/16 chance of either heavily damaging a unit or plain killing it. It's not great against bosses, but I usually don't dance against bosses (unless it's a boss that snare can insta-kill)

You know, I don't trust FFVI's programming enough to know whether Snare actually causes Death instead of whatever Final Fantasy's equivalent to Expel is (I think X-Zone is the same way which causes the player to miss out on the reward of the Wrexsol fight if they use it instead of doing it the hard way using one of the other Insta Death tricks like Vanish Doom). I.E. Snare costs you the reward of any enemy it removes. That said, Snare doesn't work on aerial enemies (of which there are plenty) either way.

And I believe that Cave in only does 1/2 total HP worth of damage (not like this matters since you can probably two shot most WoB enemies by the time you encounter them anyways and by WoR you have better options like the Setzer + Offering + Fixed Dice combo or level 3 spells).

Either way, this is all academic given that the loss of control alone renders the Dance command all but useless (although I have gotten good mileage out of Wind Song during the fight against the IAF since the healing is still good, plus free and steady, and wind damage is hard to come by).

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2014, 09:57:47 AM »

Seeing that screenshot inspired me to go back and continue my save file on FFIV:CC, which as far as I'm concerned is beautiful, the character sprites and new cutscenes both. I think I'll just daydream of the day Square Enix decides to give FFVI such a treatment.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2014, 10:14:23 AM »

More screens:

- Edgar has a blue armor now
- Locke's portrait is bitching! (the good kind of bitchin')
- Character sprite in the world look weird. Terra looks undetailed and Locke looks just weird.
- Behemote and Ramuh look pretty good. Hoping every monster + summon have that kind of detail.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:19:30 AM by Annubis » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2014, 10:50:47 AM »

Is... is the character with the green hair supposed to be Gau? Also every single sprite standing still looks like they're overstretching their posture.

EDIT: Also, Sabin has boobs and is wearing overalls.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:25:10 AM by Klutz64 » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2014, 11:20:30 AM »

I hate it because the SNES did more for the SNES than the iOS version is trying to do for its hardware.

Why does the PSP FFI and II look better?  And like Klutz says, they look like dough that was rolled out just a bit too long

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: