Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 12:55:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335314 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy VI announced for iOS/Android
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI announced for iOS/Android  (Read 14367 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 11:04:20 PM »

The question is: what could you add to FF6 that wouldn't feel tacked on ?
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 11:25:22 PM »

Really when you think about it a lot of the original extra content like optional dungeons and characters feel kind of tacked on already, so they could easily add extra stuff and it wouldn't ruin the experience. Not that they would need to add anything at all if they did an FFIV kiind of remake.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 11:37:42 PM »

Despite not looking as hideous as the FFV port, I still would've preferred a full on DS style remake like FFs III and IV received.

As it is though, I might as well just stick to the classic SuperNES version.

I tend to prefer 2D remakes myself, HD sprites like all their PSP remakes look great. My biggest problem with 3D remakes is that every time a game like this goes 3D the whole game slows down noticeably. One of the best things about retro games was that they didn't have their heads up their asses as much with the stories and arguably the graphics. Granted the slowdown should be avoidable but the fact is that they never bother doing that.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 11:53:05 PM »

I tend to prefer 2D remakes myself, HD sprites like all their PSP remakes look great. My biggest problem with 3D remakes is that every time a game like this goes 3D the whole game slows down noticeably. One of the best things about retro games was that they didn't have their heads up their asses as much with the stories and arguably the graphics. Granted the slowdown should be avoidable but the fact is that they never bother doing that.

This.  A thousand times this.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 12:54:32 AM »

Maybe a rebalanced magic system so that personal skills not named Blitz or Tools get overshadowed by Quick+Ultimax2 spam.

Of course, that would be like expecting corporations to be held accountable for anything short of mass murder (admittedly, I may have just watched The Daily Show in the last two hours or so), it'll pretty much never happen.

Basically, my previous post was meant to be less "Give me a DS style remake!" and more "Give me a reason to give a fuck about this!".

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 08:39:45 AM »

A new party member.

Breaking the boundaries between dimensions, Lightning comes to the WoR!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 11:37:55 AM »

I'd say it looks better except for Terra.

Yep. The soldiers look better, the environments look more detailed.. but Terra looks weird.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »

I'd say it looks better except for Terra.

Yep. The soldiers look better, the environments look more detailed.. but Terra looks weird.

She has no mouth, but she must scream.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 04:47:11 PM »

New sidequests expanding on Shadows character/ After which you get to play as Shadow unmasked and learn the truth of his identity... his last name... is in fact.... CHROMA!!!!!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 05:58:21 PM »

New sidequests expanding on Shadows character/ After which you get to play as Shadow unmasked and learn the truth of his identity... his last name... is in fact.... CHROMA!!!!!

Doesn't that destroy the magic/mystery?
I mean, if you think a bit about it, you know exactly who Shadow is, but it's nice that those within the game never do (well, except for Strago).
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 06:27:54 PM »

I mean, if you think a bit about it, you know exactly who Shadow is, but it's nice that those within the game never do (well, except for Strago).

Definitely this.  I thought they provided enough hints in-game without needing to explicitly say it.  However, if it pleases the gentleman,  I shall name "Shadow" to "CHROMA!!!!" my next run through. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 06:35:56 PM »

In fact I'm pretty sure Shadow got a lot of explanation, like his whole life story, compared to some other guys like Gau that just get more or less a little snippet. Things like this where it isn't just explicitly stated tend to work a lot better IMO.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 06:37:10 PM »

I wouldn't mind if they added something like the bonus dungeon in FFIV for GBA. Most character trials were the average kind but I loved Kain's murder mystery one and Cecils was also pretty cool.

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 07:14:35 PM »

Definitely this.  I thought they provided enough hints in-game without needing to explicitly say it.  However, if it pleases the gentleman,  I shall name "Shadow" to "CHROMA!!!!" my next run through. x)
That actually makes me real happy believe it or not... LoL

Shadow is actually (ironically) my favorite FF character, and possibly in the running for my personal favorite character of all time.

Fair is fair, who do you want to be in my next playthrough Dice? Pictures confirming your naming whilst showing off CHROMA and DICE kicking imperial ass WILL be posted just so you know.. LoL

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:33:04 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 07:20:19 PM »

Crap, now I kinda want to play FF6 again and name characters of forumers here.

You guys can bribe me if you want a good character.
You don't want to be Umaro, now, do you ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: