I had to go to Target to buy glasses and then when I got home, someone found a crash with the lottery stuff in Lunatic Dawn: Passage of the Book, so I had to fix that. That was most of my evening. Yey.Planet Dob
- Went back to an earlier save and got all of the bits in Piece 1. Not sure if that does anything per se -- think it might unlock some more music stuff? Anyway, up to Piece 2 properly now. Really interested in the /band/ DOB that was behind this. Their music is quite nice.Weltorv Estleia
- So having updated my kanji lookup tool to handle certain ambiguities induced by the game's kind of grody font, took a solid crack at this for an hour and a half. Early stuff involved registering with the adventurer's guild, taking a letter to the adventurer's guild in Tete, and then getting another letter to take to the adventurer's guild in Rusha. Paper dolling in this has some fun features -- you can assign colors to every armor piece as far as I can tell, so my guy's got an orange leather armor thing on, a single golden glove, and a purple helmet, also no pants because they don't fit with the armor because ???
- Combat is turn-based, gridded strategic stuff. You have special attacks which I thiiink are based on the weapon type. Also one of the NPCs mentioned you could do combos.
- You seem to be able to buy a house and furniture.
- NPCs have schedules. Also the shadows actually rotate depending on the time of day.
- I think NPCs have unique lines outside, and if you go bug them in their house they say random hints and occasionally ask for your opinion on something. You can cry, pull your weapon, and then there's a grumpy face and smiley face, which I think are actually disagree/agree. You know how in Steambot Chronicles you could just salute everyone like a dingus? It's like that.
- Also I think there's a style ranking for your armor/attire which I will promptly be ignoring because if a game gives you the chance to dress like an idiot by god you dress like a goshdang pumpkin with a powerglove.
idk if I necessarily have the time to devote to something as seemingly elaborate as this but it seems pretty neat.
... What was I doing before I started binging on Hudson stuff.
... Where am I?