Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 10, 2016, 04:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
377119 Posts in 15097 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Malekoth
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 360663 times)
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4650 on: February 07, 2016, 10:17:29 AM »

I'm guessing the game in question is School Days, a game I refuse to play even out of morbid curiosity for the things I've heard about it.

Nah, his game sounds way more hardcore than School Days.

EDIT: Actually, I'll say this which I think I've said here once before.

School Days can be pretty OK. The bad image people have is mostly because of the anime which took the worst path ever.
I had to actually work hard on getting that path myself as it's super not obvious how to get it.

Aside from the 3 terrible bad ends, the rest are pretty OK and some are even quite vanilla.

Basically, if you play the game as not a total scumbag, you'll get a not total scumbag story. It's even possible to not cheat on the girl of your choosing at all.
Although some cheating path end up pretty well too.
For example, in one path, they find out you're cheating and one dumps you and the other says that since you got dumped by the other girl, your only choice now is to stay with her your whole life as an apology.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:55:08 AM by Annubis » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4651 on: February 07, 2016, 11:15:07 AM »

Given the description, its kinda impossible to guess (he's basically described almost every Hentai in existence). Also, welcome to the Internet Mickeymac92, enjoy your new found adulthood.

Also also, I can't fault School Days for taking the total douchebag route because it was the best possible route they could've taken (given the utter interchangeability of milquetoast harem anime/VN male protagonists sausages, getting one violently murdered was both cathartic and memorable which is exactly why we're still talking about School Days a decade+ later).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4652 on: February 07, 2016, 11:19:22 AM »

Well, yes, it's by far the most interesting route if you're going for shock effect.
It's really too bad about that girl who killed her parents with an axe JUST BEFORE THE LAST EPISODE RESULTING IN THE INFAMOUS NICE BOAT.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4653 on: February 07, 2016, 12:29:38 PM »

So all this talk about School Days, made me decide to try Shiny Days (man, I need to stop switching between games and finish the RPGs I start...)

Well... that was a quick end...

« And then nothing happened this summer... »

*Game was on a pretty good discount not long ago. Maybe I should have posted so in the money saving thread =/

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4654 on: February 07, 2016, 01:05:58 PM »

Given the description, its kinda impossible to guess (he's basically described almost every Hentai in existence). Also, welcome to the Internet Mickeymac92, enjoy your new found adulthood.

To be fair, I was trying to say as little as possible since I wasn't sure what kind of reaction I was going to get even mentioning anything related to hentai. The fact is that it wasn't any worse than what I had been encountering since I was 14 that made it so horrifying for me, because never before had I been forced to think about what was actually happenning. Granted, I still usually try to avoid darker topics, but I've been through so much of this stuff that they no longer affected me even whenever I happened upon them.

This time I enountered a game that was exactly what I expected it to be - a dark story about black market sexual slavery and torturous revenge, set in a modern-fantasy world at war. And almost immediately I regretted not just booting up the game, but pretty much everything I've viewed for the past 7 years, simply because the images I've encountered for so many years were finally given context in ways I couldn't ignore. The only positive thing I could say is that at least it didn't try to romanticize the concepts, but considering the player is still expected to be aroused by the content on-hand, I can't help but disgusted.

And again: I knew all of that beforehand. I was wlling to tolerate that, enjoy it, even. And that is why I am now scared of myself.

That isn't even going into why I played it, as there's more red flags and twisted ironies than I can properly keep track of at the moment. Starting with the fact that it seems to be in the same series as a Hentai OVA that is pretty much the reason I stay far away from animated hentai...

I guess I could mention that the game is called "Prisoner Market", as I feel it is a dead giveaway as to what it entails.

That aside, I guess I can go play some real games now....................oh hey, I have portable handheld gaming devices, I could've been using these this entire time.

=|

I'm gonna go play Pokemon in the vein hopes that it'll somehow restart my entire existance. Have a nice day, everybody.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:10:01 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4655 on: February 07, 2016, 06:14:56 PM »

Gonna start reducing my games I'm currently working on to 4 total: One PC, one console, and two handhelds ('cause I can more easily find time to play handheld games).

So right now I've got:

The Witness (PS4) - Really great puzzle game, really like how the game guides the player to figuring out the various rules of each puzzle and though a lot of people complain about the exploration aspect, I honestly think the game would be a completely different experience without it, and not as good of one. There are plenty of puzzles already that have frustrated me (The perspective puzzles where you have to use the first person aspect to overlay a solution on to a puzzle are extremely annoying), but there are so many options as to what to work on that it's simple to just give up on a puzzle for the time being and go find something else to solve.

Borderlands 2 - Playing through Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep. The content is hilarious. The quest dialogue is a riot, the interaction between the narration and in-game happenings are brilliant, and the writing overall is at its best. However, the combat itself is irritating at the best of times. Just finished the battle with the 4 ghost kings and died ABOUT 20 times. Those indestructible skeletons would just get right in my face making it impossible to shoot at anything else, and so you'd just have to give up and hope next time you could take down at least one of the kings before ending up surrounded by immortal enemies.

Danganronpa - Just finished Chapter 4. Loved that the game told me I was halfway through, because given the number of characters and my experience with other high-adrenaline courtroom puzzlers (aka Phoenix Wright) I just assumed the game was almost over. I'm also sort of proud that I had a really good idea about what was going on after the investigation in this chapter. Although I admit that it was pretty obvious and I kind of felt like the game made a misstep in having Byakuya use that as his instance of feeling one-upped in the logic department.

FF Explorers - Haven't played a lot because of my internet issues and trouble finding a party working on something I actually need to get done. Sure, I could solo a lot of the content, but its far more enjoyable and versatile in a group.

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4656 on: February 07, 2016, 06:31:22 PM »

Damn, doing one path of Shiny Days took 6 hours and it was a path that stopped in Chapter 3. Some have an entire chapter more.
Pleasantly surprised at the game. I'd say it's about as good as School Days which I liked.

I somehow ended up on a path that I wasn't expecting but it was pretty worth it because the ending was funny.
So that's 2/Shitton with my earlier failure.

I'll reload an earlier save and see how I can alter things for a couple more endings on that branch.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4657 on: February 07, 2016, 10:34:14 PM »

[redacted]

ffs why does this keep opening to the wrong page

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

natros
Pizza Enthusiast

Right! I'll do you for that!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4658 on: February 08, 2016, 10:24:19 AM »

The big Steam sale resulted in me picking up Portal 1&2 (never played either); Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (I recently bought the basic version used for PS3, but I felt the added DLC content justified the cheap Steam purchase); and the Kingdoms of Amalur Collection. I had Amalur on 360 (which has been deep in storage), and really enjoyed it, but never got too far.

Saints Row 4: GotC Edition - Just started this one. Basically, SR4 is SR3 with a superhero hack (akin to Infamous). As soon as you start getting and upgrading powers, cars become obsolete. I'm having a blast just running around, collecting data clusters for power upgrades. I haven't even really delved into missions yet. I gotta start doing so soon to unlock more powers, though. ;) I really appreciate the added options with character creation/customization. You really can create some crazy-looking/sounding people.

Wild Arms - Didn't have too much time to play this time around. Wormed my way through the Photosphere. Took down Lolithia, who spammed the SHIT out of his/her icy sleep (or whatever) attack. Very annoying. By comparison, "Mother" was a cakewalk. I saved the game after the subsequent regroup in Adlehyde.
Arvis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4659 on: February 08, 2016, 03:59:32 PM »

Just wanted to tell Mickeymac that the first step in personal growth is admitting there's a problem.

That's all, though.  You do what you want.

Current RPG - Xenoblade Chronicles X
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4660 on: February 08, 2016, 06:41:50 PM »

To be fair, I was trying to say as little as possible since I wasn't sure what kind of reaction I was going to get even mentioning anything related to hentai. The fact is that it wasn't any worse than what I had been encountering since I was 14 that made it so horrifying for me, because never before had I been forced to think about what was actually happenning. Granted, I still usually try to avoid darker topics, but I've been through so much of this stuff that they no longer affected me even whenever I happened upon them.

This time I enountered a game that was exactly what I expected it to be - a dark story about black market sexual slavery and torturous revenge, set in a modern-fantasy world at war. And almost immediately I regretted not just booting up the game, but pretty much everything I've viewed for the past 7 years, simply because the images I've encountered for so many years were finally given context in ways I couldn't ignore. The only positive thing I could say is that at least it didn't try to romanticize the concepts, but considering the player is still expected to be aroused by the content on-hand, I can't help but disgusted.

And again: I knew all of that beforehand. I was wlling to tolerate that, enjoy it, even. And that is why I am now scared of myself.

That isn't even going into why I played it, as there's more red flags and twisted ironies than I can properly keep track of at the moment. Starting with the fact that it seems to be in the same series as a Hentai OVA that is pretty much the reason I stay far away from animated hentai...

I guess I could mention that the game is called "Prisoner Market", as I feel it is a dead giveaway as to what it entails.

That aside, I guess I can go play some real games now....................oh hey, I have portable handheld gaming devices, I could've been using these this entire time.

=|

I'm gonna go play Pokemon in the vein hopes that it'll somehow restart my entire existance. Have a nice day, everybody.

Yeah, that still doesn't narrow it down much. You wouldn't happen to be talking about Rance or Toushin Toshi would you (although if you're talking about Criminal Girls or Queen's Blade, then I find your level of disturbance cute)?

Anyways, XBCX: Been doofing around some more. I'm finally starting in on Aug crafting and Ground Loadouts for realz. Started with some Beam and Thermal Res Augs for both Ground and Skell fighting, though I'm in desperate need for some Electric Res. Also nabbed myself both a Melee: HP Recovery and Arts: Gain TP Aug so now I'm trashing the upper Time Trials since I can just rez anyone that might fall now that I want not for TP (BP on the other hand). Soon I'll have the makings of an Infinite Overdrive build. I should also consider upgrading my Weapon's Attributes since I've had a really kickass Sniper Rifle for awhile now (its an Ultra Infinite Relic with built in Beam Damage Up, Magazine Capacity Up and Ranged Accuracy Up, all at rank XV with 10 Mods open on it). More importantly though is that I now possess a Lv 60 Frame Inferno, I just need to load it up and start working towards those Super Weapons.

OrsonFury

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4661 on: February 09, 2016, 03:17:08 AM »

Anyways, XBCX: Been doofing around some more. I'm finally starting in on Aug crafting and Ground Loadouts for realz.

Sounds cool man. You'll have to let us know how they turn out. My builds are iffy and a work in progress, but I can usually get by. In XBCX tonight I finally got my skell wings. I can't believe I'm quoting Leo in Titanic, but...... I just have to say, "I'm king of the world!!!!" I was all smiles ear to ear because I've been doing all the affinity quests and tons of other side missions before moving on to this point of the game.

It's amazing to think how much Monolift Soft has improved as an overall video game developer from Xenoblade Chronicles to XBCX. Seriously impressed. Going to take down a few more quests before moving onto the final chapters. Most importantly the Off the Record missions to complete my remaining level 5 BLADE access.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:19:24 AM by OrsonFury » Logged
Arvis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4662 on: February 09, 2016, 10:20:38 AM »

Yeah, I'm in no hurry to get my Skell license.  I am eagerly anticipating it, but... I am enjoying the anticipation. :)
And the game is so good even without them...

Current RPG - Xenoblade Chronicles X
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4663 on: February 09, 2016, 06:33:24 PM »

So... I went on the other main branch of Shiny Days and... I am actually impressed by the story.
I'm around the climax and truthfully interested to see how it plays out (and I assume there will be sex shoehorned in somehow/somewhere because none up to now).

The length of the path is about as long as an entire season of an anime and the story I'd say is better than the average anime too.
I guess it's easier to have a good story on this path since it's fairly linear as opposed to the other main path which is a giant octopus.

One interesting thing about Shiny Days is that Makoto (the MC) is not the center point of the story.
Actually, you see very little of yourself. The story is about everyone around you and you get to shape it with the little actions you do here and there.
Makoto is like 5% top of the game while Setsuna (main girl) is like 35%. The rest is all other characters.

I'll update later with how the denouement plays out (I think there's still a couple of hours till I reach the finale)

EDIT: well, there was still over 2 hours. Very good ending too.
Like, you could make a movie out of the top path and you'd have something decent.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:14:36 PM by Annubis » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4664 on: Today at 02:57:30 AM »

So... I went on the other main branch of Shiny Days and... I am actually impressed by the story.
I'm around the climax and truthfully interested to see how it plays out (and I assume there will be sex shoehorned in somehow/somewhere because none up to now).

The length of the path is about as long as an entire season of an anime and the story I'd say is better than the average anime too.
I guess it's easier to have a good story on this path since it's fairly linear as opposed to the other main path which is a giant octopus.

One interesting thing about Shiny Days is that Makoto (the MC) is not the center point of the story.
Actually, you see very little of yourself. The story is about everyone around you and you get to shape it with the little actions you do here and there.
Makoto is like 5% top of the game while Setsuna (main girl) is like 35%. The rest is all other characters.

I'll update later with how the denouement plays out (I think there's still a couple of hours till I reach the finale)

But aren't all Harem protagonists completely irrelevant/worthless to begin with? I mean all they are is the means of giving your designated waifu the D.

Anyways, SimEarthBound: Done with my break for Summers, no more teachers' dirty looks, now taking a Poo with me to Dry Desert Dunes for the obligatory Egyptian level. Annnddd I'm done walking like an Egyptian, and I ain't got no more Poo to give. Fuck.... At least I'm getting a Yellow Submarine out of the deal.

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: