Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2016, 02:04:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
244660 Posts in 7319 Topics by 2386 Members
Latest Member: Richard111
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 451833 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL. 44 Scratch ticket Ninja

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5580 on: July 27, 2016, 10:46:25 AM »

Zwei - Managed to get further* in Episode 5. The boss with the rotatey shield thingy's obnoxious because it stops the lock-on lasers and tapping normal shot that much kills my thumb. I feel like I should complain about the deadzones/downtime in this level but it's... really not at all problematic feeling to me? They felt dull in R-Type Final but they feel necessary here.

Okami - I have an old save of this that I never finished but I think I'm going to start over and by thing I'm going to I mean I already did because I forgot what was going on; teared up at the opening remembering a time ten years ago when I played it the first time and wondered what it would be like in the then-future playing it post-dogs.

Your Zwei talks have got me thinking on my dropped Panzer Dragoon play-through from when I was a kid. Probably because it was from roundabouts the same time-frame as LoM.

That aside, I also have a file started on Okami from last year around christmas which I put down for Dark Souls SOTFC which brings me to my little dialogue here.

DARK SOULS 3/ After Jermeister's post yesterday I gave DS3 a shot (again) and I'm beginning to wonder if I even have any appreciation for Dark Souls left in me at the moment. I feel like it is more an obsession with difficulty in progression, how demanding the game is of my focus and the freedom with builds that entices me.

Now that sounds like I am identifying a game I love and want to play, but the weird thing is I'm just not sure if I even enjoy this at this point or am just obsessed/so comfortable with playing it because of 12+ months with other FROM SOFTWARE titles in the very recent past.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:50:55 AM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

We will never know world peace until 3 people can simultaneously look each other in the eye.

Arvis
Prudish Gerontophobe

Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5581 on: July 27, 2016, 12:14:39 PM »

Anyone else have a hard time keeping track of what Mesh is actually playing?  All those acronyms/nicknames/shorthand...

Current RPG - Stardew Valley.
Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5582 on: July 27, 2016, 02:07:58 PM »

Most of the time it seems he's playing obscure imports I've never heard of, so it doesn't particularly bother me that much.

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5583 on: July 27, 2016, 06:45:50 PM »

Anyone else have a hard time keeping track of what Mesh is actually playing?  All those acronyms/nicknames/shorthand...

Basically what Klutz said, although some of them are domestic releases that are just really old/obscure (Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram!) FONV and ToP seem to be pretty common acronyms though :SSS (Also some of the imports, uh... I'm really not all that sure what they're really called!) Sorry bout that -- I'll go back and try to fix some of them :S

Tales of Phantasia - Found the Unicorn. Currently in ChronopolisThor.

I might give TotA another go on not-hardware when I'm done with this and see if that fixes the load times, which were a major factor in why the game didn't really please me.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:13:45 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5584 on: July 28, 2016, 12:07:53 AM »

Odin Sphere:

Got through two more chapters in Mercedes' campaign. Getting much better with her since I started abusing the hell out of the evade button, though the Trial Battle in Horn Mountain (Against the two Ice Dens) was incredibly frustrating. She's actually turning into my favorite character with a great story, adorable design, well-written, and some of the most fun skills I've encountered so far.

Yo-Kai Watch

Still in the early parts of the game, but it's already a lot fun outside of the game inheriting Ni no Kuni's frustrating recruitment "process"/rate. You can increase a Yo-Kai's chance to join your party by feeding it its favorite type of food, but knowing what type that is so far is all trial and error and wasted items. Still, I am only falling more in love with the Saturday Morning Cartoon inspired graphics and writing (and even the game itself is sectioned off into subplots that could easily be short little 15-minute half episodes). I'm also really warming up to the battle system which seemed a bit too chaotic for me at first, but is quickly feeling more energetic than confusing.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:12:14 AM by Klutz64 » Logged

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5585 on: July 28, 2016, 03:43:36 AM »

FE:Conquest "Episode 24: This isn't nearly as bullshit as I thought it was going to be." Seriously, I was worried about nothing. I saw Ryoma's stats earlier and thought him death incarnate, but the guy can barely put a dent into Corrin with all his Strength, and I seriously have to try engaging him before I Game Over'd through Suicide by Ryoma. Granted Astra and Crits will still ruin Corrin's day pretty quickly, but I have 25 turns to clear the rest of the map with before this even becomes a problem (and Corrin can just stack Def/Dodge+ gear and weather The Storm if I go over the limit). And that's all without Corrin getting lucky and successfully tagging a Lethality proc himself.

No, the real bullshit of the chapter is due to the return of the goddamn Ninjas.

Also, Chapter 23 came and went as soon as I accepted the Turtle. Its way easier to pick out the proper timing to shutdown Hinoka's gimmick than it is with either the Ninja Hole or Mr. Fuuga's Wild Ride. Plus its a chapter full of goddamn not-Pegs, just let them fly into the thresher and have a sacrifice or two ready to eat a Hex.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5586 on: July 28, 2016, 12:26:44 PM »

Anyone else have a hard time keeping track of what Mesh is actually playing?  All those acronyms/nicknames/shorthand...

I'll tell what NOT TO DO

Don't start trying to identify what he is playing by context clues and looking them up out of curiosity because then you end up wanting to play half the games Mesh is and THEY ARE REALLY HARD TO FIND!! Or at the very least, you will stumble across multiple gems that require a commitment of new Hardware/Software to access.

I have quite a few I'll get to as time passes thanks to Mesh in all honesty. His reports here in the journal are secretly something I really look forward to for this reason.

-------

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos -- This game is surprisingly fantastic if "pretty and mindlessly awesome" sounds like something you need in your life. If Senran Kagura and Devil May Cry had a ill-manored offspring it would be this. This is the 3-dimensional hack and slash game I've been waiting for and didn't know it. However, it should be noted, to discover how good the game could feel one MUST mess around with the terrible default settings. You will break your fingers trying to lock on, combo, switch targets et cetera with default. I wonder if the dev's realized this because they make changing some of button mappings obscenely obvious in the options.

Anyhow, nuf said. This one is a keeper for sure.

We will never know world peace until 3 people can simultaneously look each other in the eye.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5587 on: July 28, 2016, 10:38:17 PM »

Or at the very least, you will stumble across multiple gems that require a commitment of new Hardware/Software to access.

HG101 and this thing are also quagmires of strange and terrifying digital delights/bank account murder and where I find half this stuff :V.

anyway.

Okami - Did the first little dungeony area and got the plant regrowth brush technique. Also fed some pigs! So I feel like I was being needlessly harsh on Okamiden when I played it a million years ago, but the little touches like feeding the animals was something I missed -- and I think the sequel downplayed a lot of the plant growy stuff? Sure, it's ultimately just more collectible Zeldatroid stuff, but it felt elegant in its way.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei - Up to chapter 6. Got a really high shot ratio on Episode 5. Maybe I'll try 1CCing this sometime!?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5588 on: Today at 12:52:47 PM »

@Mesh thank you for sharing that EasternMinds link thingy. I've known about HG101 for years (love that site too) but that blog had tons of really interesting tidbits I'd never had a clue about.

In Klyde's world KLYDE HAS THE WORST GAMING ADHD EVER!!  Well not so much an attention problem per se' as it is an inability to pay attention without my mind drifting to Dark Souls 3. I can stay focused on that just fine even if it is NOT what I want to be focused on.

This is the result of mutliple factors. A) Getting the gaming PC before finishing DS3 on console. B)Starting and not following through with DS3 C) Looking at BERSERK media cause Dark Souls is BERSERK the game no matter what anyone else tells me.

So I'm throwing in the towel for now and officially swapping DS3 in and Helsing out. It's a shame because I like Helsing well enough but how long can a Ninja go "click click click... wait a minute... this isn't Souls!!" LoL

I suppose it would be worth it to throw RE:IS back in the mix in the interest of my sanity with Souls.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:16:42 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: