Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2016, 08:18:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
242053 Posts in 7251 Topics by 2377 Members
Latest Member: NickRansbottom
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  General Games
| | |-+  E3 2016: E3 2015 was better Edition.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: E3 2016: E3 2015 was better Edition.  (Read 1816 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2016, 06:37:13 AM »

Wait, you guys were actually serious about Wolf Link?!

*Checks Trailer*

...Dog Meat? Is that you?

Damn, now I sort of regret not getting the amiibo. Hopefully they can include it as DLC eventually...I mean, c'mon...
You can still pick up the amiibo on its own if you really want it. It is over MSRP on Amazon though. Doubt they are going to release it as DLC on its own.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2016, 05:26:33 PM »

from Polygon:

"Chris Avellone, Obsidian Entertainment co-founder and the company's former chief creative officer, is working on Bethesda Softworks and Arkane Studios' new Prey, the game developer announced today.

Avellone announced his departure from Obsidian last year, saying he was leaving the studio he helped form in 2003 "to pursue new projects." Today, he announced his involvement in Prey on Twitter.

It's not exactly clear what Avellone's role is on the new Prey, but we've inquired with Bethesda Softworks for more details.

Avellone started his career writing campaigns role-playing games, before joining Interplay in 1995. At Interplay, Avellone worked on a number of titles including Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and the Icewind Dale titles. Later, at Obsidian and with inXile Entertainment, Avellone worked on Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera."
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2016, 08:22:17 PM »

Wait, you guys were actually serious about Wolf Link?!

*Checks Trailer*

...Dog Meat? Is that you?

Damn, now I sort of regret not getting the amiibo. Hopefully they can include it as DLC eventually...I mean, c'mon...

Sounds like you're gonna need both the game and the Amiibo to do anything with it. It'll probably get outdated fairly quickly as well (unless you managed a no-damage run or something crazy; at which point you probably wouldn't need it anyways).

I got Twilight Princess HD, if that's what you mean. But I decided to save myself $15 and some much-needed shelf space by buying it used, thus missing out on the Amiibo. Oh well, you're probably right about it not being that important in the long run, but as a Wolf-Lover, and a huge fan of Twilight Princess, it's exactly the kind of fanservice I could get into...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2016, 10:19:16 AM »

New Games I'm Interested in After E3:

• Nintendo:

1)  The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX)
2)  Ever Oasis (3DS)
3)  Exile's End (3DS eShop)
4)  *Rhythm Heaven Remix (3DS eShop)

* I didn't know about this one until it came out!

• Playstation:

1)  Tekken 7 (PS4)
2)  Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)
3)  Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)
4)  Spider-Man (PS4)
5)  *Yakuza 0 (PS4)
6)  Resident Evil 7 (PS4)
7)  Nioh (PS4)
8)  Prey (PS4)
9)  Titanfall 2 (PS4)
10) Fe (PS4)
11) Farpoint (PS VR)
12) Rabi-Rabi (PS4)

* I didn't realize it was releasing in English until E3

• PC:

1)  ReCore
2)  Quake Champions

...Honestly, this list feels disturbingly empty for an E3 presentation. I guess 'cuz most of the interesting stuff were announced, and even shown well beforehand. Heck, some of the the stuff I listed were announced last E3, albeit without any substantial gameplay shown at the time. I guess the times really are a-changin'...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2016, 03:01:38 PM »

"Last year's E3 was better."

This year's E3 showed a heck of a lot of variety, an uncharacteristic type exciting uncertainty about the future for an event that is all about that, and seeing massive long-awaited projects taking form, actually coming out and looking solid was the cherry on top.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2016, 03:09:44 PM »

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/05/13

I just got a feeling.

Does Caligula's localization announcement still count as an E3 reveal? That way I can bump up the Playstation list to a baker's dozen...

I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2016, 04:14:54 PM »

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/05/13

I just got a feeling.

Does Caligula's localization announcement still count as an E3 reveal? That way I can bump up the Playstation list to a baker's dozen...

I mean sure, if you think that'll help anything given how completely derivative and uninspired it looks, but I wouldn't count it with Sony's scorecard since the date was revealed separate from the press conference.

(For precedent, the FE:Awakening localization announcement was not counted for Nintendo's E3 2012's presentation as it was given out 5 minutes after the fact and required pressing Reggie for the info. A fact that cost them the win as that was literally all they had to do that year to win it. In fact they basically wasted the segment on flaffing about with Paper Mario: Sticker Star instead.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2016, 09:44:36 PM »

Dude, I have Titanfall 2 and an indie Metroidvania that I only put on there to round out the numbers, and the only other thing I could think of to list was the new Call of Duty game (at least it'll have space battles w/ FPS boarding segments...now all it needs is Space Samurai, and I'll finally have that Battlefront sequel I always wanted...). Even a blatant Persona ripoff will do at this point, since I'm already scraping the bottom of the barrel...

I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2016, 09:48:14 PM »

Some of you might want to check out the chat that Giant Bomb had with Phil Spencer on their live stream (the section ends around the 1 hour and 8 minutes mark).

---

TEKKEN 7 PC Gameplay -- GameSpot, YouTube

5 casual matches along with showing up the story mode in the middle for a bit.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2016, 09:57:32 PM »

^Not gonna lie, I only posted that link as an excuse to read more best-era Penny-Arcade comics (they actually used to go more than 5 strips without a beastiality joke!), but now it is doubly worth it. XD

EDIT:

Looks like the real meat of E3 - the preview articles - are finally coming in. Damn near all the ones here have gotten me excited for stuff I never even considered. Except the Warhammer one (I'm not a huge fan of the franchise's grotesque elements, and Inquisitor just seems to emphasize all of the worst parts of that...), and MieQ (which just seems to be more Compile Hearts filler, but at least the preview confirmed that). The Dwarves probably isn't my thing either.

But everything else - The Surge, The Long Journey Home, the new Deus Ex mode (and by extension, Mankind Divided, which I completely ignored after its announcement), Necropolis, Tumbleweed Park, Battlechasers: Nightwar, the freakin' Witcher Card Game...Everything!

My wallet despises you guys. Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:18:44 AM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

I Draw Stuff Sometimes
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »

Speaking of meat, but

Did I mention that it was like a full two days after E3 that I realized that Norman Reedus was a real person and not some Laura-esque digital actor thing that Kojima was trying to do, and also that his last name was neither Reetus nor intended to rhyme with "Fetus?"

You miss a lot when you don't have cable TV!

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: