Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 28, 2015, 12:22:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
346985 Posts in 14157 Topics by 2235 Members
Latest Member: chiefjim
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The unofficial "recommend me a game" thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: The unofficial "recommend me a game" thread.  (Read 5369 times)
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2015, 12:26:23 PM »

I view that the plot of Eternal Sonata is one of those "not to be taken literally" kind of deals. I think it's supposed to mirror Chopin's thoughts and life in some crazy manner. Reminds me that I still have a save in the middle of Encore playthrough. The game is hard as balls.

As for SO4, it'actually one of my favorites this gen. Definitely one of the more technically competent JRPGs to play for fun and no one should be playing RPGs for the story these days anyway.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:29:23 PM by mecharobot » Logged
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2015, 12:33:29 PM »

I thought it was suposed to be dream-like in some way. Like, wasn't it literally just Chopin's fevered dreams? I could overlook how silly it could be with that context, but silly it still was. I've seen "Dream-like stories" done better before, too. Still a helluva game, though. Same with Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2015, 05:43:00 PM »

I have a dilemma. Gamestop is having a deal where I could trade my 360 in for $125 toward a PS4, which I'm definitely getting for Type-0 next month. But I have two concerns.

1. I'd only keep the 360 in case I want to play Vesperia again, or if I somehow get the urge to actually play through Lost Odyssey (before you say anything: the flashback stories actually put me to sleep, so don't try to use those to convince me it's worth playing). But the Vesperia thing is a pretty big deal. One of my favorite games, and I'd love to find time to play it again but I don't know if I ever will.

2. I'd have to pick up the PS4 this month. Okay, this may seem like an odd thing to complain about. But if I get the system before Type-0, I'd be too tempted to pick up a game with it so I could actually play it. But I really don't have time for any more games I haven't already planned on getting.

Still, with Awakened Fate Ultimatum also coming out next month, it would be nice to have that extra money towards the system. And like I said, I'm not keeping the 360 around for a whole lot of reasons.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2015, 06:35:58 PM »

I have a dilemma. Gamestop is having a deal where I could trade my 360 in for $125 toward a PS4, which I'm definitely getting for Type-0 next month. But I have two concerns.

1. I'd only keep the 360 in case I want to play Vesperia again, or if I somehow get the urge to actually play through Lost Odyssey (before you say anything: the flashback stories actually put me to sleep, so don't try to use those to convince me it's worth playing). But the Vesperia thing is a pretty big deal. One of my favorite games, and I'd love to find time to play it again but I don't know if I ever will.

2. I'd have to pick up the PS4 this month. Okay, this may seem like an odd thing to complain about. But if I get the system before Type-0, I'd be too tempted to pick up a game with it so I could actually play it. But I really don't have time for any more games I haven't already planned on getting.

Still, with Awakened Fate Ultimatum also coming out next month, it would be nice to have that extra money towards the system. And like I said, I'm not keeping the 360 around for a whole lot of reasons.
I figure eventually namco is gonna rerelease vesperia on ps3/4/vita because of the new hype wagon they've been on recently, so the vesperia thing is less imperative. I love lost odyssey and the story dream things, but I deaded my xbob months ago and paid to send it away, so if you are being offered cash for it, I'd jump on it.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2015, 06:47:08 PM »

I worry any remake of Vesperia would rip all the awesome costumes out of the game and price them at $3 a pop.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2015, 06:58:46 PM »

I worry any remake of Vesperia would rip all the awesome costumes out of the game and price them at $3 a pop.
I wouldn't be too worried about that. Only the new games seem to be really pushing buying the costumes that hard, and even vesperia made it possible to buy some costumes.

TASTY!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2015, 07:36:59 PM »

I worry more that we wouldn't get the Vesperia remake.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:24:14 PM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2015, 08:19:16 PM »

I thought it was suposed to be dream-like in some way. Like, wasn't it literally just Chopin's fevered dreams? I could overlook how silly it could be with that context, but silly it still was. I've seen "Dream-like stories" done better before, too. Still a helluva game, though. Same with Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

IIRC, even the ending was kinda vague about it, it was elaborated on in the PS3 ver... but.

Anyways, from what I understood was that yes it was kind of a fake dream fantasy world [to him].  But, by the end, Chopin realizes that it's real (or became real?), the tragedy felt by the party is real and all that jazz.  I dunno.  :S

Not that i actually think making costumes DLC is ever right (and it's nice Vesperia still made quite a few costumes SETS free, as opposed to Xillia that gave two or Zesty that gave none[?]).  But honestly, the Vesperia costume DLC had some of the nicest sets.  The Tales Villain set was a pleasant surprise, the Namco-Brand costumes were really cool, and the set based on the item-screen pictures of the character's best armor was an awesome idea.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2015, 08:25:36 PM »

and all that jazz

?
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2015, 08:27:20 PM »

I knew I'd regret the phrase.  But I don't.  As far as anime men goes, he was good looking.  Jazz, jitterbug, it makes it even better.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2015, 08:07:22 PM »

So I ended up getting my PS4 early and now I need something so it doesn't end up sitting idle until Type-0 comes out. Preferably something I can play a bit at a time and won't mind not finishing. Was thinking Samurai Warriors, but I'm open to any other suggestions.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2015, 02:54:16 PM »

So I ended up getting my PS4 early and now I need something so it doesn't end up sitting idle until Type-0 comes out. Preferably something I can play a bit at a time and won't mind not finishing. Was thinking Samurai Warriors, but I'm open to any other suggestions.
Dying Light is pretty fun if you enjoyed dead island at all. It's glitchy but zombie beatings and running for your life during the night is great fun.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: