Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2015, 06:44:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
363012 Posts in 14733 Topics by 2288 Members
Latest Member: Wallflower
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RpgDatabase.net
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RpgDatabase.net  (Read 185 times)
Jahmis

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2015, 11:24:33 AM »

I've been lurking and listening to the podcasts for a while, but thought I'd finally jump in to let everyone here know about a personal project I've been working on that you all might be interested in.  It's a searchable listing of all computer and console RPG's that I can find on the internets.  It's still a work in progress and I'm slowly updating it as I get time.  Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

And before anyone rages about why X is rated higher than Y, what the hell am I thinking, and why Blah doesn't have the Shiny Pony tag, I'm just pulling data from multiple other sources and displaying it.  I don't have any control over what tags a game has or what it's rating is.  I can work on messaging the data to make it make more sense though if you find anything that seems totally out of line.  Just let me know.

http://www.rpgdatabase.net/
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

...AND STEVEN.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 11:35:23 AM »

Woah!  Great job Jahmis!  This is a great idea and I wish more games were listed like this, it'd be way easier to find titles to scratch a particular itch.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 11:39:59 AM »

Nice project you got there.

Just a little FYI: platform buttons become like 2400 pixel height after clicking one (on Firefox at least)
Jahmis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 01:40:43 PM »

Just a little FYI: platform buttons become like 2400 pixel height after clicking one (on Firefox at least)

Oh, thanks.  I hate all the cross-browser issues you always need to be looking out for.  I do all my work on Chrome so I didn't notice it.  I'll get it fixed.
Jahmis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »

Woah!  Great job Jahmis!  This is a great idea and I wish more games were listed like this, it'd be way easier to find titles to scratch a particular itch.
And thanks.  I'm glad you like it.  Let me know what you think would make it even better.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 01:58:34 PM »

Oh, thanks.  I hate all the cross-browser issues you always need to be looking out for.  I do all my work on Chrome so I didn't notice it.  I'll get it fixed.

You might want to throw some support for Opera as well.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 02:01:27 PM »

Wow! Nice one :o

This is perfect for when I'm in the mood for playing something but I'm not sure what. I can just search the things I like and see what pops up!

*high five*

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 01:35:37 AM »

You could try adding something like a feedback thing, mainly to help if someone has some games for you to list or if something is inaccurate.
edit: it may also be helpful (if you can) to specify the region of the release dates and the platforms, since a lot of games are released several years apart in different regions.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:41:52 AM by insertnamehere » Logged

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
glassjawsh
insolent cur

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 01:00:41 PM »

You've got Baroque listed as a PS1 game. 

edit: I guess I should have checked to see the JP release info before saying something stupid
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:03:14 PM by glassjawsh » Logged

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 06:27:11 PM »

This is seriously a cool tool you've created here.

I honestly wish more folk became ambitious and created some encyclopedic hub for all games/genres that worked just like this. Awesome efforts buddy!

Jahmis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 10:26:19 AM »

Thanks for all the support.  I'm glad you like it.  I've added a section to each game page that lists other similar games to the one you're looking at.  It's still rough and I'm going to keep working on it, but let me know if it seems useful or if it's totally off base.  One thing I'm going to do is make it take platforms into account, which it's not doing right now.  So you'll see games on totally unrelated platforms to the one you're looking at, which may or may not be interesting to you.

And a couple follow-ups to comments...

I looked at this on Opera and it seems to work just fine.

Feedback is always good, so I'll at least be adding an email address on the About page.  But I've been thinking about adding comments for each game page too.  What do all think?

And about listing the region for each release, I don't know if I can get that info, but I'll look into it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: