Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2016, 10:25:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
238988 Posts in 7104 Topics by 2358 Members
Latest Member: BeardyMcBeardface
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  General Games
| | |-+  Overwatch an expensive version of TF2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Overwatch an expensive version of TF2  (Read 2695 times)
Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 07:58:52 AM »

Think I've reached a final conclusion. Game is okay, but when I'm doing terrible (which is most of the time), I'm not having fun. Whereas the one match of Battleborn I've played I had no idea what I was doing and got slaughtered, and still had a lot of fun.

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
missRPGirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 10:40:56 AM »

Its basically TF2 but it's really well done.  There is really nothing different here but the classes are fun, the abilities are awesome, and the map design is great.  It's a really fun class.based shooter.

There are two concerns I have.  First in terms of competitive play the game is going to be a nightmare to balance.  Some heroes are just to strong and out class everyone in their respective class and in the right hands dominate everyone. This including Mei (the ice girl), Bastion the robot turret, Reinhart the hammer guy, the DJ healer(aka Eddy from Tekken), the cowboy , Tracer, and Gengi the ninja.  Comp teams are prob going to run some combination of these heroes.  Not to say the others are boring they're not they just can't keep up.

I agree with you on this one. I played a little of it and I watched my bf play as well and it pretty much seems like a really nice TF2. Which is fine but my main concern is character balance. I feel like that's going to be a major issue. I also don't agree that you can change characters when you die, but maybe that will be different in ranked.

I guess I am on the fence because I pre-ordered a copy of the collectors edition and I'm tempted to cancel it.

Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 10:49:47 AM »

but maybe that will be different in ranked.

I doubt it. Blizzard themselves have said part of their design philosophy is allowing teams to readjust their strategy on the fly to counter the other team's dynamic.

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
missRPGirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 11:34:09 AM »

but maybe that will be different in ranked.

I doubt it. Blizzard themselves have said part of their design philosophy is allowing teams to readjust their strategy on the fly to counter the other team's dynamic.
Ugh. My boyfriend liked the idea, but idk I just don't seem to like it. Once you pick a character that should be it, but that's the League of Legends of me talking. 

Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 11:46:05 AM »

That's why I'm leaning towards getting Battleborn instead. I feel like if you're going to have such a dynamic group of heroes, there should be some sort of progression or reward for specializing a couple favorites.

ScottC
RPGFan Editor

Manderville Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 06:40:09 PM »

Only a few more days left! Release was pushed up to Monday at 7 EST.
ScottC
RPGFan Editor

Manderville Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 05:43:26 PM »

Kinda pumped for Overwatch in an hour or so going to be a lot of fun.
Taelus
Some music guy
Editor Emeritus

You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.

taelusramza
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 03:36:23 AM »

Definitely disagree that there should be progression-based rewards in a game like this. Might work for Battleborn, but for any game aiming to be competitive (which I don't see really happening with BB), you can't have someone with leveled up abilities or some such. They're aiming for the eSports crowd with Overwatch, and then means everyone on a level playing field all the time.

Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2016, 07:13:21 AM »

Still think some titles or emblems or cosmetic unlockables would be nice. Blizzard is doing an excellent job crafting the game in the direction they want to take it, I just don't happen to like that particular direction. That's Blizzard for you, though. I mean they even found a way to make PvE Diablo competitive.

Taelus
Some music guy
Editor Emeritus

You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.

taelusramza
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 08:41:09 AM »

There are tons of unlockables. There are like 8 costumes per character, unlockable customizable sprays, dialogue lines, emotes, and victory poses. Just nothing gameplay-boosting.

Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 11:38:56 PM »

They need to make the kill cam follow D.VA's mech when you ult instead of you.
ScottC
RPGFan Editor

Manderville Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 12:02:24 AM »

Nah, what you do is style on them with a emote or spray after you DVA Ult! :P  Then when its POTG it will be 100x better.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Today at 04:29:34 AM »

Nah, what you do is style on them with a emote or spray after you DVA Ult! :P  Then when its POTG it will be 100x better.

https://gfycat.com/IdolizedIndelibleDesertpupfish
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: