Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2016, 03:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
241870 Posts in 7246 Topics by 2377 Members
Latest Member: NickRansbottom
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  General Games
| | |-+  Inafune's latest project The Mighty No.9 looks Mega Rocking, man.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: Inafune's latest project The Mighty No.9 looks Mega Rocking, man.  (Read 29720 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2016, 08:11:05 PM »

Something deep down inside of me feels like capcom had a hand in all the issues and problems associated with the development (more specifically lack of)...it just seems odd that all this crap happened to this very simple game.

TASTY!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2016, 08:18:08 PM »

That might've been an okay 3-day rental if it was a budget release on the PS2 in 2006, but...it's 2016. I...don't think I'm going to get that on release. Maybe I'll consider it when it's <$15, but not before...

@Agent D. - I could see Capcom's lawyers throwing around threats of plagerizing, but that's the most I've seen. They were supposedly partnered with Inti Creates, which was always an independant company, if you can believe that. In fact, that might've been part of the problem - they were probably banking on getting "the old band" back together, but...Inti Creates were never very good at 3D graphics. I don't know if they got anybody new in the last 3 or so years since the Kickstarter ended, but I do know that their insistance on a 2.5D platformer threw up a ton of road blocks right out of the gate.

It's just sad how much wasted potential went on here, for so many reasons. And it wouldn't be so bad if Capcom showed any real desire to continue the Mega Man franchise, at least in any dignified way...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:26:54 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2016, 08:35:11 PM »

ReCore May Be The Mega Man Successor You're Looking For -- GameSpot

Sometimes, life is ironic in curious ways.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2016, 09:16:19 PM »

I'd say their comparisons are a massive stretch, but it looks like a fun game regardless.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2016, 10:22:00 PM »

Something deep down inside of me feels like capcom had a hand in all the issues and problems associated with the development (more specifically lack of)...it just seems odd that all this crap happened to this very simple game.

Nah. This was Inafune's baby from start to finish as I don't think Capcom ever greenlighted an anime or a sequel series prior to the release of the very first game.

I feel that it was a combination of Inafune's core team simply lacking the experience/wherewithal to see a project of this scope and magnitude through, Inticreates sending in the B-Team to help with a 3D game (which their A-Team aren't quite phenomenal at, let alone their B-Team), the Kickstarter was a total fiasco and Inafune himself burned every bridge and climbed every pedestal he could to make this project as big and attention grabbing as possible.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »

I'd say their comparisons are a massive stretch, but it looks like a fun game regardless.

To be clear, the similitude between both are more parallels that are valid to point out on their own terms with how things turned out around this whole deal.
Hathen
You think this would be funny?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2016, 09:04:23 AM »

I know Sterling said it several times himself through the video, but man is he bad at platformers.

Anyway sucks that he decided to play one of the levels everyone had already seen (The water level was one of the earliest ones shown). IIRC during beta tests they showed a total of 4 levels (Intro, Water, Fire, and Military Stages). I made a post a while ago where I felt lukewarm about the Water/Military stages and thought the Fire level was just okay. Going to have to wait till the game comes out before I can see the others ones, I guess.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2016, 11:57:24 AM »

I know Sterling said it several times himself through the video, but man is he bad at platformers.

I'm not surprised. He is the same guy after all that couldn't grasp Vanquish and dismissed it as nothing special and later championed DmC: Devil May Cry as a "supreme title" for the genre.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:00:30 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2016, 11:57:01 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCIrHWzXoE

Found a YT video of the game's final boss and ending....I'm getting a whole bunch of MMX6 vibes off of this. Yarg.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: