Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2015, 04:29:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
356061 Posts in 14459 Topics by 2262 Members
Latest Member: Yoru
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Today's News
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] Print
Author Topic: Today's News  (Read 98688 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: May 01, 2015, 07:45:35 PM »

CNN's also got its share of total nozzles that I'm surprised Anderson Cooper hasn't straight up murdered yet. cough cough Lemon and Blitzer cough.

idk if Geraldo's even actively douchey at this point, he's just like yr. vaguely senile grandpa/uncle that shows up at Bob Evans and whines about gay Muslims stealing his tax dollars until hapless college student waitress shows up and gives him his orange juice. Geraldo fucking loves orange juice. Geraldo ain't sharing his orange juice with any gay Muslims.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

glassjawsh
insolent cur

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: May 02, 2015, 07:10:52 AM »

Geraldo ain't sharing his orange juice with any gay Muslims.

Facebook status update

natros
Misanthropic Humanist

Apathetically Awesome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: May 20, 2015, 12:18:03 PM »

So word is, Harry Shearer is leaving The Simpsons. The door isn't entirely closed, but apparently, it's looking more and more that it may be the case. The show's producers have said they will replace him if he doesn't agree to come back. I can't imagine the show without the actual voices of Mr Burns; Ned Flanders; Smithers; Kent Brockman; Dr Hibbert; Lenny; Rev Lovejoy; etc. 
To be fair, I haven't actually watched the show in a long time. It became unfunny to me about 10 years ago or so. I've tried to watch a "new" episode once every few years or so since then, but I always end up turning it off early, because I find myself not laughing in any way at all. Anyway, it's just such a weird notion that all of Shearer's characters could have different voices...
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: May 20, 2015, 06:12:59 PM »

So word is, Harry Shearer is leaving The Simpsons. The door isn't entirely closed, but apparently, it's looking more and more that it may be the case. The show's producers have said they will replace him if he doesn't agree to come back. I can't imagine the show without the actual voices of Mr Burns; Ned Flanders; Smithers; Kent Brockman; Dr Hibbert; Lenny; Rev Lovejoy; etc. 
To be fair, I haven't actually watched the show in a long time. It became unfunny to me about 10 years ago or so. I've tried to watch a "new" episode once every few years or so since then, but I always end up turning it off early, because I find myself not laughing in any way at all. Anyway, it's just such a weird notion that all of Shearer's characters could have different voices...

Chances are they wouldn't. They'd come up with some plot devices to remove them from the show or limit to non speaking cameos. Maybe one or two major characters would get some sort of "X thing happened and now I sound like this" treatment. After over 20 years of voicing those characters, replacing him and hoping no one notices just wouldn't fly.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: May 20, 2015, 07:02:16 PM »

Mr Burns; Ned Flanders; Smithers; Kent Brockman; Dr Hibbert; Lenny; Rev Lovejoy; etc. 

Mr. Burns is driving Smithers somewhere, but had a sudden case of the deads from being so old and crashes into a church bus carrying Ned Flanders and Rev. Lovejoy. Dr. Hibbert shows up to try and rescue people and Kent Brockman shows up to do the news, but then the bus explodes killing /everyone/.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: May 20, 2015, 07:45:19 PM »

Chances are they wouldn't. They'd come up with some plot devices to remove them from the show or limit to non speaking cameos. Maybe one or two major characters would get some sort of "X thing happened and now I sound like this" treatment. After over 20 years of voicing those characters, replacing him and hoping no one notices just wouldn't fly.

Well, I mean. They *are* cartoon characters. Finding someone that can do a perfect impression of any of those characters wouldn't be too difficult.
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: May 27, 2015, 10:49:01 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/sports/soccer/fifa-officials-arrested-on-corruption-charges-blatter-isnt-among-them.html

URL made me giggle, but hot damn!  What a night!  And about time!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: