Author Topic: Crysis 2  (Read 4918 times)

Sagacious-T

• Official Pony Thread
    • View Profile
Re: Crysis 2
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 05:39:16 PM »
My point is that at this point I don't have enough money for a PS3, especially only for 5-10 exclusives.

Will I get one down the line? probably since I'm a greedy gamer

I've been noticing that a lot of people here seem to be broke lol.

Not all of us are bourgeois wealth-born ps3 owners

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »
My point is that at this point I don't have enough money for a PS3, especially only for 5-10 exclusives.

Sucks to be you then.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Jonathan Ingram

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 04:56:29 PM »
I'm kind of surprised after all this time 360 still has the graphics edge in some games.

That's the reason I got it in the 1st place, Oblivion apparently runs better on the 360.

As far as I recall, Oblivion actually ran better on the PS3. But it doesn`t really matter since there`s a version of the game that mops the floor with the other two. It`s called the PC version; it looks great, has a lot of great mods and will run even on ancient rigs.

Sagacious-T

• Official Pony Thread
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »

Sucks to be you then.

Says the man playing the inferior version of Crysis 2

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »

Sucks to be you then.

Not all of us are bourgeois wealth-born high-end PC owners
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 07:32:57 PM »

Knock off the condescending attitude.

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 07:51:46 PM »
Quit this PC superiority thing or risk being banned.

Consider yourself officially on thin ice.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 05:07:19 PM »
Hm, lens of truth compared the single player (retail code) and this time I find myself liking the PS3 version more. What do you guys think?

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/verdictscreen-shot-comparison/head2head-crysis-2-retail-screenshot-comparison/

This site should be taken with a grain of salt though. Digital Foundry's comparisson should be up tomorrow.

The game looks very interesting, I'll probably pick this up later, if previous EA games are anything to go by the price should drop within a month.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 11:14:12 AM »
Digital Foundry's analysis is up:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis2-face-off

After all the bullshit I read on the net about the PS3 version I'm surprised that they are pretty much identical. Frame-rate is all over the place though, average frame-rate is definitely higher on 360 but on the more intense scenes it drops all the way down to 16fps...
3D looks better on the PS3 thanks to HDMI 1.4, it's still that fake 3D though where they create different layers for the HUD, view weapon and background and introduce pixel separation to give the illusion of depth, it's not stereoscopic. I don't have a 3D tv so that irrelevant to me anyway.
The campaign looks interesting so I might pick this up after a price drop or wait untill I buy a new PC.
They're showing off the engine at the expanse of the frame-rate to the point where it significantly impacts the gameplay. He even says that you should use stealth in some sections because triggering a fire fight makes the game almost unplayable, that's ridiculous.