Author Topic: Underrated Classic Games

Artimicia

• View Profile
Underrated Classic Games
« on: Yesterday at 02:49:37 AM »
Don't know what prompted this, but yeah anyone else want to share and talk about classic games that are often under the radar, a sort of "underrated" games kind of thread.

I had two in mind also for starting off

Yeah I pretty much loved everything about this game, campy B humor, time travel, robot dog, heavy amounts of action and doses of crazy and whimsy.

It's pretty much completely isolated too as far as I know no sequel was ever made, but yeah one heck of an experience IMO one of the best.

Also

Pretty much just pure and simple joyous sports game, nothing complicated or complex, just drive your jet-ski around courses and hope for the best time. I used to spend hours just driving around in the kind of training area messing around, felt like just being on vacation in Hawaii or something every time I played.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
Re: Underrated Classic Games
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:29:33 AM »
I was never able to defeat the final boss in Secret of Evermore.

Also forgive me if this makes me sound like a pedant, but how is a game both underrated and a classic?
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:57:25 AM »
I was never able to defeat the final boss in Secret of Evermore.

Also forgive me if this makes me sound like a pedant, but how is a game both underrated and a classic?

I'm pretty sure artimicia means underrated retro games.

Its by no means perfect (story gets lost in translation). However its really a nice and unique 20-25hr SPRG. The setting is cool, divided post WW2 Japan with diesel mechs and the combat is fun.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:36:08 AM »
Can't have this thread without mentioning Threads of Fate/Dewprism. Fun little action JRPG that wasn't overly ambitious, but still managed to be addictive and charming. Heck, just bringing it up right now is giving me the urge to replay it.
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!