Author Topic: Misc. Gaming News Topic

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Misc. Gaming News Topic
« Reply #2205 on: July 15, 2017, 07:23:10 AM »
So getting back to the heat of the meat. Its finally happening....http://gematsu.com/2017/07/makai-wars-announced-ios-android

Asagi's finally getting her own game (unless the game's development falls through yet again).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 21, 2017, 05:41:02 PM »
OK, not going to lie.  I want this.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 27, 2017, 10:08:18 PM »
OK, not going to lie.  I want this.

World of Tanks Waifus

It might be OK but Bandai Namco's track record with games based off anime series has been mediocre.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 27, 2017, 10:24:38 PM »
^Ehh. Just stick with one of the many World of Tanks mods that already do this (although I don't think WoT really supports Initial T battles; they really only need that and jokes at Italy's expense to make it worth something).

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/penguin-wars-game-paradise-cruisinmix-live-stream-set-july-28

You know that Japan must be cracking down on Pachinko gambling when developers like Jaleco are rising from their graves.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 28, 2017, 02:15:16 AM »
Then I would have to play World of Tanks...

I've been playing World of Warships and that's bad enough.  Everyone knows who plays both games says WoT is even worse about monetizing every little thing...

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: August 01, 2017, 12:13:58 PM »
*Opens up Gematsu this morning*

Re-releases! Re-releases for EVERYONE!!!

Seriously, it's been a while since I've seen 90% of a news page taken up by ports, reboots, remakes, and DLC. Oh, but at least more Senran Kagura was announced, so there's something new...okay, who am I kidding, I'd rather more have DLC, ports, reboots, and remakes instead of more of that crap...

Okay, there's also Earth Defence Force 5 and Fire Emblem Warriors, but they both from such same-y series anyways...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: August 22, 2017, 05:49:24 AM »
So the SNES Classic Edition went up for preorder on Best Buy, and unless it ends up being another Wal-Mart situation then I think I snagged one. I would have posted this sooner, but wasn't feeling well and I went to sleep. I'll try to post as soon as I hear when it's available for preorder more quickly next time.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: August 22, 2017, 06:22:31 AM »
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/fear-effect-reinvented-announced-ps4-xbox-one-switch-pc

Meanwhile, someone bit and now we've got a Fear Effect remake on the way. Good on Squeenix for letting someone else at one of their IPs for a change (instead of just keeping it buried along with all of their other non-DQ/FF whatever/latest KH remade remake remakes port/Yoko Taro's next wild ride IPs).

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: September 14, 2017, 08:04:23 AM »

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: September 14, 2017, 07:15:23 PM »
Dragons' Crown on PS4!

http://personacentral.com/dragons-crown-ps4-leaked/

I'd only be interested if there was new content, though...although, my TV is at a great viewing point from my bed...

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: September 18, 2017, 06:43:40 PM »
So apparently this is a thing.  A Little Witch Academia game that actually looks decent that combined adventure elements with...Dragon's Crown-style brawling.

No, seriously.  The combat is very reminiscent of Dragon's Crown.  And I know Dragon's Crown didn't invent that style but it's about the only contemporary example since it's a style of gameplay that has largely died out.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: September 18, 2017, 06:56:22 PM »
So apparently this is a thing.  A Little Witch Academia game that actually looks decent that combined adventure elements with...Dragon's Crown-style brawling.

No, seriously.  The combat is very reminiscent of Dragon's Crown.  And I know Dragon's Crown didn't invent that style but it's about the only contemporary example since it's a style of gameplay that has largely died out.

I like the animations.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: September 19, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »
a style of gameplay that has largely died out.

Which really sucks, in my opinion. I get why the genre doesn't have everlasting appeal, as it's not terribly complex, and can be repetitive. Still, those kinds of games are a shit-ton of fun for couch co-op. Some of the best times I've ever had gaming was playing stuff like Guardian Heroes, or Streets of Rage 2 with friends who would come over.