Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 12:08:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332800 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Misc. Gaming News Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Misc. Gaming News Topic  (Read 13700 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 26, 2014, 09:09:05 PM »

The story in MGRR was fine. It's just not the reason I played it.

I still went through all the codec convos though. I think people are often too lazy to do so and write off MG stories because they missed out on the codecs. That and the general wackiness. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: June 26, 2014, 11:13:37 PM »

^I'm sure if MGS would lack any kind awareness of what it is like The Last of Us did more people would like the series a bit more.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2014, 04:56:35 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/30/next-saga-game-going-slow-steady-says-series-creator/

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/30/rise-mana-producer-wants-release-next-major-mana-game-two-years/

While I'm not going to hold my breath for these, hearing some kind of murmurs from Squeenix is at least worth a post in this thread.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: June 30, 2014, 08:14:33 PM »

How many pigs do I have to sacrifice to get a real Mana game again? :T

I feel like after Romancing SaGa PS2, I think that series should be laid to rest - end on a high note, you know? But I suppose if it's already in development, I might as well hope for the best.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: June 30, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »

How many pigs do I have to sacrifice to get a real Mana game again? :T

I feel like after Romancing SaGa PS2, I think that series should be laid to rest - end on a high note, you know? But I suppose if it's already in development, I might as well hope for the best.

Why? Its not like the games are interconnected to each other and I suspect people either play the series for the obtuse game mechanics, because they keep thinking that the next game will be the sequel to Frontier 2, or because there aren't any other games that give players the ability to create a JRPG party consisting of a fairy, a doll, an elephant, a snowman, and Zoidberg.

Also Romancing PS2 was a remake of Romancing 1 on the SuperNES, and if anything, I'd love to see them remake Romancing SaGa 2. Beyond that (and not counting The Last Remnant, which was more or less a SaGa game in all but name and the fact that you controlled groups of people instead of individuals), you had the SaGa 2 and 3 remakes. The last new SaGa game to come out (again barring TLR and that Emperor's SaGa mobile collectible card game) was Unlimited SaGa over a decade ago.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: June 30, 2014, 09:37:40 PM »

Wow, I really blanked out the rest of the series, huh? I just meant it seemed like Romancing SaGa was the best they could do with the series, and seeing they really tried with Unlimited only to fail harder than it ever had, I figured maybe it was time to try something new. I feel like the brand name has more stigma than anything else since...well, ever.

'Course, as you pointed out, they tried that with Last Remnant and it failed just as hard sales-wise, so maybe I'm fooling myself...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2014, 02:22:08 AM »

Wow, I really blanked out the rest of the series, huh? I just meant it seemed like Romancing SaGa was the best they could do with the series, and seeing they really tried with Unlimited only to fail harder than it ever had, I figured maybe it was time to try something new. I feel like the brand name has more stigma than anything else since...well, ever.

'Course, as you pointed out, they tried that with Last Remnant and it failed just as hard sales-wise, so maybe I'm fooling myself...

The SaGa series has always been a niche series due to the fact that rather than following the formula popularized by FFs 1 and 3, it continued on FF2's legacy and did its own thing. Its a series that's built off of disregarding conventions like grinding when you might hit a roadblock or linear gameplay. The series' biggest problem though has always been the transparency of the information presented to you, which makes penetrating the game that much more difficult. For instance, did you know that in SaGa Frontier 1, increases in stats are prioritized in Human characters over Mystics? Or that the games employ a hidden challenge rating that rises as you fight (something that even FF2 had to a limited extent; though it didn't rise with combat but with plot progression instead)? That's why Romancing PS2 was probably the best game since it actually told you a lot of that stuff and made it easier to control character advancement.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2014, 09:43:06 AM »

I would kill babies for another SaGa Frontier game, especially more like the first game's environment of mixed high tech/low tech areas. Maybe make it a bit more focused on one character though, with side stories on the other character or something. I always felt that the biggest grievance with the SaGa games was a lack of focus with some of the other heroes, so just make a solid main hero and when you meet new side characters, give players the option of going through their simple story up to that point. I feel that would make for a great play mechanic.

TASTY!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »

If I'm reading it right, that sounds like something Sonic Adventure did, that I always wondered why no one else emulated in a better game...

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2014, 03:40:50 PM »

Finnish Hearthstone Tournament Prohibits Women From Competing

"IeSF is a global organization based in South Korea with the aim to promote e-sports as a "true sport." By doing so, it divides tournaments into male and female competitions."

That's just sad, both the Sputh-Korean organisation behind that world championship and organisation in Finland playing along like there is nothing they can do about it.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2014, 03:44:27 PM »

Yep, saw that earlier. So fucking stupid.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2014, 04:20:52 PM »

People making life more complicated than it needs to be....  For fuck's sake... :/

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »

Have Blizzard come out with a statement on this yet? I get that it's an independent organization, but it would be nice for them to speak out about this kind of shit.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: July 02, 2014, 04:26:49 PM »

I'd like to announce the First Annual Hearstone Pro-Am Memorial for Ladies at Yoda's Apartment.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: July 02, 2014, 05:06:59 PM »

People making life more complicated than it needs to be....  For fuck's sake... :/

That's how I feel also...
I want to be paid to be a Finnish eSports Federation lobbyist.
Some people get paid to do the most asinine things.

Is there anything preventing them from just... you know... not do what they say?
I mean, what can they do?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: