Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 08:25:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338766 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Misc. Gaming News Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41 Print
Author Topic: Misc. Gaming News Topic  (Read 20926 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: August 28, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »

Know what makes me laugh about all these death threats and rape threats being sent to people like zoe quinn and anita sarkeesian? The only people with time and money to do this shit wouldn't ever leave there house to escalate to such physical activity as subduing a woman. It's hysterical to think that these threats are probably being done by some pimple faced 16 year old who hasn't used deodorant in weeks because it makes his skin break out in hives. Truly a hilarious thing at times.

I doubt any of these rape threatening kids wohld even know where to find a vagina.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: August 28, 2014, 01:58:51 PM »

And I just say enough with all the awfulness

So here's a bunch of commenters passionately defending Hello Kitty's identity as a cat.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: August 28, 2014, 03:47:17 PM »

So here's a bunch of commenters passionately defending Hello Kitty's identity as a cat.

Kinda reminds me of how I view cartoon animals in general - they're people with animal traits, not animals with people traits.

Of course, I know that's a bit of an odd way to look at things, since anthropomorphy means "non-human given human-like traits", but still...

Unless she's saying she's really a girl wearing a costume this whole time. Then...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: August 28, 2014, 05:59:43 PM »

Kinda reminds me of how I view cartoon animals in general - they're people with animal traits, not animals with people traits.

Of course, I know that's a bit of an odd way to look at things, since anthropomorphy means "non-human given human-like traits", but still...

Unless she's saying she's really a girl wearing a costume this whole time. Then...

So, we're discussing closeted furries now?

I kid of course. I would bang Hello Kitty regardless as to how much people v. animal she is.

Man, something awful has been happening to this thread lately. TGS seriously can't come soon enough. "Save us Japan from our own creepy awfulness with your own!"

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: August 28, 2014, 06:16:16 PM »

^Yeah. Seeing people getting shitty with Japanese games is certainly better than talking about Zoe and Anita at this point. Those two just bring the worst in people.

---

Hoax call sees YouTuber arrested by SWAT while live streaming -- Eurogamer

"Popular YouTube channel 'The Creatures' has become the latest victim of swatting - the act of hoax-calling police to swoop in on unsuspecting innocent targets."
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: August 28, 2014, 07:16:50 PM »

If you tell me that Hello Kitty is a normal human girl and not an anthropomorphized cat... I can only view her has such:

WARNING! comical nightmare fuel (from the movie Alien Resurrection)
http://i.imgur.com/5YcCS2C.jpg
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:44:29 PM by Annubis » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: August 28, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »

^I wouldn't call that nightmare fuel. I mean, I've seen worse.

Also, I want to add to the whole deal with Zoe and Anita that I can't believe with the amount of BS both got away with. Like seriously.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: August 28, 2014, 09:04:52 PM »

Sorry to bring this shit back into this thread, but it's just so damn entertaining.

Alright /v/ as a group we've raised over $5000 so what's our custom character going to be?
Just an average female gamer to troll everyone.
All the tards in the media will expect some sort of pedocrap or LOLSORANDOM shit and we will just give them a simple average girl.

http://www.vice.com/read/meet-the-female-gamer-mascot-created-by-anti-feminists-828

http://i.imgur.com/FdqKFwu.jpg
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: August 28, 2014, 09:14:56 PM »

"...the latest victim of swatting - the act of hoax-calling police to swoop in on unsuspecting innocent targets."[/i]

WHY IS THIS A THING?! O_o

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:35 PM »

@Annubis: This is great. :p

WHY IS THIS A THING?! O_o

These hoaxes became a thing thanks to Twitch, at least, that's what I remember reading sometime ago.

I don't know the details so I'm just seeing how everything develops like everyone else.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:00:50 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: August 28, 2014, 09:58:56 PM »

Someone pointed out how absurd it is that swatting is even possible... like the police don't mind sending out an entire fully armed SWAT team on an anonymous tip? They don't actually look into the tip before sending in the cavalry?
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: August 28, 2014, 10:05:58 PM »

Someone pointed out how absurd it is that swatting is even possible... like the police don't mind sending out an entire fully armed SWAT team on an anonymous tip? They don't actually look into the tip before sending in the cavalry?

This one ended nicely too. There are several case of SWATing that have left sequels.

Here's a popular one due to how fucked it left an entire family: http://www.salon.com/2014/06/24/a_swat_team_blew_a_hole_in_my_2_year_old_son/
(not SWATing per say, but SWAT assault for nothing)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: August 29, 2014, 01:51:29 AM »

The US is een scary place... :(

Half of the American news I see seems to be about policemen making terrible mistakes (the other half is about the economy). I get that the officers are afraid as well since there's always a very real possibility the subject pulls out a gun, but a policeforce that sees everyone who isn't in uniform as the enemy may be more dangerous than actual criminals.

As for the 4chan thing: I don't think I'll ever get 4chan, but it's nice to see they're using the power of the hive for good again.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #403 on: August 29, 2014, 02:54:37 AM »

America is crazy.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: August 29, 2014, 03:03:32 AM »

The US is een scary place... :(

Half of the American news I see seems to be about policemen making terrible mistakes (the other half is about the economy). I get that the officers are afraid as well since there's always a very real possibility the subject pulls out a gun, but a policeforce that sees everyone who isn't in uniform as the enemy may be more dangerous than actual criminals.

Its not so bad as long as you're white and don't have a beard, don't approach a public school, don't have anything darker than a vanilla complexion, don't wear articles of clothing that look remotely foreign, don't wear concealing garments like hoodies or jackets, don't protest anything, don't stand in the vicinity of a protest, don't talk to the police, and you can speak English if you still end up talking to a police officer.

Then its just a matter of not being in the same vicinity of a person shooting up the place/looking like he's going to shoot up the place, or a bomb planted nearby a nationally recognized event, or a gang war shoot out/hit, or anybody open carrying a gun, or Florida.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: