Author Topic: Misc. Gaming News Topic

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: Misc. Gaming News Topic
« Reply #435 on: September 04, 2014, 03:19:13 PM »
Guess my dad was right, video games are for kids. That's probably why everyone in the industry has to act like a fucking 4 year old to get their way.

Nope. They act like that because they can.

Only a matter of time before insults reach the levels of "I know you are but what am I?" and the like.

I imagine if this keep going and growing in notoriety is gonna end up with at least someone getting hurt for real.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 04, 2014, 03:28:54 PM »
I've seen swatting threats flying around and since swatting is actually a thing that can happen, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised either if someone gets hurt.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 04, 2014, 03:29:15 PM »
Guess my dad was right, video games are for kids. That's probably why everyone in the industry has to act like a fucking 4 year old to get their way.

Only a matter of time before insults reach the levels of "I know you are but what am I?" and the like.

I imagine if this keep going and growing in notoriety is gonna end up with at least someone getting hurt for real.
Yeah, us, because no one will wanna make anything that doesn't cater to a mass of juvenile assholes who just wanna shoot shit and curse about how they're gonna fuck your mothers/girlfriends/sisters/etc.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 04, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »

Yeah, us, because no one will wanna make anything that doesn't cater to a mass of juvenile assholes who just wanna shoot shit and curse about how they're gonna fuck your mothers/girlfriends/sisters/etc.

and also you're gay, (if you didn't know already) they're totally going to tell you about how gay you are

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 04, 2014, 04:31:28 PM »

Yeah. The End Is Nigh and humanity will crumble on its own weight, yadda yadda.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 04, 2014, 05:27:08 PM »

Yeah. The End Is Nigh and humanity will crumble on its own weight, yadda yadda.
Actually, most of us will simply start new hobbies...

TASTY!

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 04, 2014, 07:20:36 PM »
Actually, most of us will simply start new hobbies...

Good for you man. As for me, I will not leave behind stuff like Metal Gear and the Souls series for a bunch of people being dramatic on the Internet.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:50:04 PM by Yggdrasil »

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 04, 2014, 08:32:29 PM »
GAMING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS meanwhile large swaths of Asia and Africa are fucked as fucked right now but nevermind that.

Seriously if the gaming industry ended /right now/ would it really be a bad thing? I think the world has enough games. Who here DOESN'T have a massive backlog?
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #443 on: September 04, 2014, 08:42:08 PM »
GAMING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS meanwhile large swaths of Asia and Africa are fucked as fucked right now but nevermind that.

Seriously if the gaming industry ended /right now/ would it really be a bad thing? I think the world has enough games. Who here DOESN'T have a massive backlog?

I think Mesh's comment here is right on. x)
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #444 on: September 04, 2014, 10:26:37 PM »
How does that argument hold any water? Should break ins and burglary be allowed because people are murdered and raped?

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 04, 2014, 10:34:27 PM »
I read it as satire. Although, since I'm not Mesh, I can't confirm if that was the feeling he wished to convey.

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #446 on: September 04, 2014, 10:39:16 PM »
ALso, this happened. Even veteran game devs are allowed to act in such an infantile way. If I acted like this at my job I'd be fired ten times over.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 04, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
I think he's just trying to put things in perspective. Gaming is not that important - people would be sad if it went away, and a lot of people would be out of a job, but it's still just first world problems compared to...well, even bulgulary.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #448 on: September 04, 2014, 10:44:38 PM »
Well, at this point it no longer is about gaming. It is about professionalism and respectability. These people have none.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 04, 2014, 10:56:12 PM »
ALso, this happened. Even veteran game devs are allowed to act in such an infantile way. If I acted like this at my job I'd be fired ten times over.
I like the twitter account you were using, lol.

TASTY!