Author Topic: Misc. Gaming News Topic

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: Misc. Gaming News Topic
« Reply #2235 on: September 23, 2017, 02:30:25 PM »
The biggest problem in games down is simply functionality, they don't work, it's not about art or any of those other things.

It's press this button to do this, and you press a button and it does that.

That is literally the core of Nintendos 900 million video games sold or whatever, and the entire video game industry, it's that it works, pure and simple. It's not all those other things although they can be sorta cool, just can it be something that works.

If it comes in a box and you put a CD in, are you able to, effectively, play the actual game? It's stuff like that which is at the heart of so many problems in modern gaming. Because 97% of the time, it simply, does, not, work.

Oh uh gaming news

https://kotaku.com/some-gamestops-are-refusing-to-sell-switches-without-bu-1818660366

Yeah well basically gamestop has sucked and always sucked and I literally got like 2 games from them ever, and one of them didn't have the game in it.

Everything else has been like Toys R Us or maybe it was EB Games or any number of other, much better things.

Those fuckers in Texas and are just greedy shits to be honest.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:49:16 PM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: September 23, 2017, 06:19:02 PM »
(Nonsensicle Rant)

Oh uh gaming news

https://kotaku.com/some-gamestops-are-refusing-to-sell-switches-without-bu-1818660366

Yeah well basically gamestop has sucked and always sucked and I literally got like 2 games from them ever, and one of them didn't have the game in it.

Everything else has been like Toys R Us or maybe it was EB Games or any number of other, much better things.

Sounds more like the store managers or other employees were overstepping their boundries. Maybe. That Kotaku article is just poorly written in general. Why do people keep taking them seriously when Kotaku doesn't even take their own articles seriously?

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: September 23, 2017, 06:30:39 PM »
The biggest problem in games down is simply functionality, they don't work, it's not about art or any of those other things.

It's press this button to do this, and you press a button and it does that.

That is literally the core of Nintendos 900 million video games sold or whatever, and the entire video game industry, it's that it works, pure and simple. It's not all those other things although they can be sorta cool, just can it be something that works.

If it comes in a box and you put a CD in, are you able to, effectively, play the actual game? It's stuff like that which is at the heart of so many problems in modern gaming. Because 97% of the time, it simply, does, not, work.

Oh uh gaming news

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: September 29, 2017, 06:09:33 AM »
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/wii-shop-channel-end-service-january-31-2019

Its the end of the road folks. All those WiiWare titles will soon be dust in the wind, while everything that got a second life on the VC is about to be lost to the ages all over again.

Keep circulating those tapes.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: September 29, 2017, 01:24:52 PM »
Well, the SNES classic launched today, and all can say is screw you preorder poachers! I got mine at Toys R US.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: October 10, 2017, 09:29:09 AM »
Even though most people have probably either already heard or (more than likely) don't really care... I feel like I have an obligation to mention that The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 has been confirmed for a Western release early next year.

The gameplay of the first one was pretty meh, enough so that I didn't bother getting the PS4 version. But I really liked the story and characters (duh), so I'll probably get this one and hope the new cast resonates with me even half as much as Metallia did.