Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2015, 12:43:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
351666 Posts in 14324 Topics by 2253 Members
Latest Member: Intero
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain  (Read 23944 times)
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2015, 10:30:42 AM »

Seriously, we're doing the whole "This is my last Metal Gear" again?  I really hope Kojima shifts focus to Silent Hill or something else. 
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »

Seriously, we're doing the whole "This is my last Metal Gear" again?

Is much more important to take notice of Kojima's comment on 'closing the loop of the saga with TTP' than focusing on the "is this your last Metal Gear?" question.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2015, 04:34:56 PM »

Kojima Expected to Leave Konami After MGS5, Inside Source Confirms -- GameSpot

"At a team meeting, Mr. Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."

---

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2015, 03:16:00 PM »

from THE SNAKE SOUP (News Archives section):

Kojima Productions LA is now listed as 'Konami Los Angeles Studio'

Konami issues press release announcing a new "Metal Gear" title after MGSV: TPP, hiring new talent to develop it

Konami confirms disbanding of Kojima Productions and restricted online and email access; Kojima not available for interviews
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »

For the big MGS fans, how do you feel that Konami vows to continue the series after Kojima leaves?

Are you happy there will be more MGS or are you let down that they'll never wrap it up and a convoluted story will go on forever?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2015, 06:41:57 PM »

For the big MGS fans, how do you feel that Konami vows to continue the series after Kojima leaves?

I give my first thoughts on this news here. But to expand on that, how I feel about the continuation of the series without Kojima and KojiPro's involvement is that is most likely gonna be as awkward as it was for every other IP from Konami was in the past, when key members of their staff leave or go to do something else inside or outside of the company (Suikoden, Silent Hill and Castlevania were all heavenly affected by this).

That being said, there's still a lot of details we don't know and much less how is that this situation is gonna develop over time.

Are you happy there will be more MGS or are you let down that they'll never wrap it up and a convoluted story will go on forever?

Given how MGS4 already ended the timeline and overall story of the main series in the most definitive way possible, the only thing left for MGSV: TPP to do is (like Kojima said) close the loop on the saga.

Various aspect of the series should come together with TPP considering the place it takes within the series. But more than just that, one should never try understand the main series only in terms if it's narrative and continuity are consistent. The creative intention of Kojima's games (the Boktai series being maybe an exception) has always been to make the player read between the lines and think of the overall theme(s) the game in question presents.

Now, regarding the "new Metal Gear" I feel that is gonna be a reboot. Handing the IP to new devs of a series that has almost 30 years of work put into it might be too much responsibility to maintain. I am happy about it? Well... with how the potential successor of Kojima died sadly of cancer a few years ago (Project Itoh/Satoshi Ito) this outcome was expected to happen at some point. How it has happened however it hasn't pleasant to see at all. Lastly, I do wonder what the "power struggle" is actually about.

EDIT: Searched for info to remind myself if Boktai was directed or not by Kojima just to be sure. And he was a producer for all the 4 games that series got.

---

Kojima & Kaz React to Kojima Leaving and Konami Taking Over Metal Gear -- YongYea, YouTube

Contains spoilers for MGSV: Ground Zeroes.*
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:22:30 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2015, 11:49:15 PM »

Custom match options will allow you to play Metal Gear Online matches ranging from 1v1 to 8v8 players -- Metal Gear Informer

Why #AHIDEOKOJIMAGAME Is Misguided -- META GEAR SOLID.org

WIRED METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN -- KONAMI573ch, YouTube
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2015, 07:15:54 PM »

It's been wrapped up with MGS4.

I haven't gotten around to MG Rising yet, but that's the game that seems to continue the story.

If they let Platinum do it? I might not be so upset. It's a wait and see at this point.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2015, 12:54:02 AM »

Stefanie Joosten and Akio Otsuka were with Kojima in the studio -- Metal Gear Informer

I haven't gotten around to MG Rising yet, but that's the game that seems to continue the story.

Rising it's a parallel story post-MGS4. A what if scenario if you prefer. It has no real bearing on the canonical side of Metal Gear.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: