Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 08:45:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340992 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F  (Read 6394 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2014, 09:13:20 PM »

Anyone playing Diva f2 still?

I've been working on Extreme and I believe the higher difficulty songs in this game have actually damaged the muscle in my wrist and thumb.  Yet I can't stop playing, it's so addicting.

Trying to 100% it is kinda obnoxious, though, since you need random Requests in the Diva room.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:16:12 PM by Cyril » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2014, 10:15:28 PM »

I never touch Extreme Mode, I just don't have that kind of talent. I'm still trying to work out my favorite tracks in this one, there's so many good ones to choose from. I think my top three right now are Close and Open, SPiCa, and (as much as I hate to pick all Miku songs) Sakura Rain.

Will definitely be playing for a long time to come since I dropped the $100 on the DLC
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2014, 10:45:41 PM »

I actually find Miku's song selection to be the weakest, while Luka's and Rin's are almost completely flawless.

Miku-wise, the only songs I really like a lot are Open and Close (which is also super fun to play), Two Sided Lovers (which I am convinced is the hardest song to pass in the game on Extreme), and The Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee.  Miku actually has a few songs I actively dislike, but are fun to play, like Romeo and Cinderella, which only has a section in the middle after the first technical zone that I like, and Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru.

But hey, opinions.

Also, this game prepares you for Extreme a lot better than Diva f1 did.  I was getting consistent Excellents on Hard in Diva f1 and couldn't really do Extreme well, but the added difficulty in Hard in Diva f2 makes you a lot more prepared for the transition.  I'd suggest doing Packaged, Kokoro, and Meltdown on Extreme. Maybe Melt too, since the notes are pretty basic but it's moderately fast.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2014, 11:16:04 PM »

In terms of playing, the ones I have the most fun with are Knife, Pinky Swear, and Luka Night Fever. Worst for me to play is Doubleganger... I hate that thing so much. Though I agree, in terms of song quality, there's really nothing I don't like about Rin and Luka's songs. I don't really like playing Double Lariat, but that's because it's deceptively difficult.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2014, 11:28:02 PM »

I actually found Double Lariat to be easier on Extreme than Hard.  

I don't know if you've played it on Hard, but there are those long circle strings of notes that can be a bit hard to time.  On Extreme, it's not just one note, but they switch as they go around the circle, like XXXOOOOTrianglex5 instead of something like Square x12 on Hard. The switching up makes those chains easier for me and I'm less likely to make a mistake.

I don't really remember normal for it, but I assume the circular chains aren't as long.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2014, 08:26:35 AM »

That doesn't surprise me as there are plenty of songs that seem a bit easier on Hard than on Normal, Luka Night Fever being the most extreme example I've come across.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: