Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 11:49:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327884 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  New Mega Man Game!.....Well Board Game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Mega Man Game!.....Well Board Game  (Read 597 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2013, 07:09:53 AM »

So my friend who is obsessed with Mega Man showed me this yesterday at work. Apparently there is a new Kickstarter for a licensed Mega Man Board Game. It got funded yesterday in about 4 hours and now has a month to get through stretch goals. In the board game, you apparently go through the Robot Master stages by playing cards from your hand and your opponents can play cards from their hands to make the stage more difficult. After you beat all the stages you face the Robot Master to get his power. Rinse and repeat till you beat all the Masters and then face Wiley.

Base game is currently 5 Robot Masters from MM1 with an expansion for the two Robot Masters from the rerelease. Cutman is currently not in the game, but presumably he will be added in one of the future stretch goals (although he does not appear to be in any of the silhouetted ones on the Kickstarter page atm).

Game looks interesting, although I think the people behind the game are making poor choices in terms of stretch goal strategy. For example, the Cutman stretch goal should be publically announced like the "paint everything" stretch goal. Adding new bosses are what will probably make people pledge more.
xpsychedelico
Contributing Editor

xpsychedelico
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 07:13:55 PM »

Can you provide a link to the kickstarter?

"Clockwork is clockwork. One. Two. In. Out. But Necessity she a goddess. She turn your muscles to water and your bones to oil. One day you meet her and you will see that Mobius is right." - Mobius the Stripper
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 04:50:43 AM »

Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1821440755/mega-mantm-the-board-game

I wonder if each subsequent Megaman game will be an expansion....haha.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 06:49:25 AM »

Aside from the whole 'we don't yet have the actual license from Capcom to actually make this yet' part, this looks to be yet another indication that fans are actually better at this whole 'making Megaman games' than Capcom is.

Of course, I full suspect that Capcom will stay quite about this project until it starts turning a profit, then they'll swoop in, buy out the company, and gut it so that they can absorb the carcase and the impending profits.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 07:38:55 AM »

Yeah....so this company is horrible at Kickstartering. Based on what they have said so far in the comments section, it appears that currently the only exclusive to the Kickstarter is the art print (and gold bordered cards if you are insane). I highly doubt that the current prices for the tiers are cheaper than the game will be at launch, so I am currently struggling to understand why I should keep my current pledge level and not just drop down to the press start level.

Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1821440755/mega-mantm-the-board-game

I wonder if each subsequent Megaman game will be an expansion....haha.
They've said they want to do something like that, but that they currently only have rights to MM1 so they can't do them as stretch goals or anything with the current Kickstarter.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 07:20:39 AM »

I feel it is necessary to bring up that they have actually made some progress in better managing the Kickstarter. They have managed to make the Deluxe edition more worth it than it was before. They have made the stretch goals a little more transparent. incidentally, they have stated that the game is expected to retail for 80 (which seems way too expensive to me), so if you are at all interested in it, might as well Kickstarter the project so that you can get the Protoman game piece also for MSRP. Looking forward to the Roll character piece stretch goal, and Cutman upgrade shortly afterwards.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 08:00:34 AM »

So Christmas present from the game maker.....Dr. Light player piece and game card for Deluxe editions (add-on for others) that is a Kickstarter exclusive. Being able to play as Dr. Light hurts my brain.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 10:06:15 AM »

So Christmas present from the game maker.....Dr. Light player piece and game card for Deluxe editions (add-on for others) that is a Kickstarter exclusive. Being able to play as Dr. Light hurts my brain.

Will you be able to dispense weapons and upgrades to other players and tell them to get their weapons ready (and by the fifth expansion, gain the ability to get abducted by Not-Protoman at the start)?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 08:22:44 AM »

Will you be able to dispense weapons and upgrades to other players and tell them to get their weapons ready (and by the fifth expansion, gain the ability to get abducted by Not-Protoman at the start)?
I assume no....I'm not sure what he can do instead.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 07:01:08 AM »

We (finally) hit the Roll goal yesterday. Now it is set up so that it is 5k between every currently announced stretch goal. Next up is getting Cut Man into the game. Now then I need all of you to surrender your money to the game  so that I can get color minis. Surrender it!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:37:26 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 07:45:53 AM »

So finally have all 8 Robot Masters available.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 06:53:24 AM »

Oh hey forgot to post this earlier. Color pieces have been unlocked (after the goal for them was reduced).

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 06:51:31 AM »

So this Kickstarter has entered its last 48 hours, and it is going well. Currently at 355k last I checked. We must hit 400k and maybe 407k though because we must get playable Robot Masters and the Yellow Devil mini. So all of you support with your life savings!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: