Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 02:55:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319001 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Pillars of Eternity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Pillars of Eternity  (Read 924 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 09:24:16 PM »

This is like the game that defies all logic. It's a game that shouldn't exist in our reality.

Given the Kickstarter I'd argue it was the publishers defying reality. Also since budgets seem to outpace industry growth that probably makes this the truth of it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:59:15 PM by Eusis » Logged
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 09:39:40 PM »

This is like the game that defies all logic. It's a game that shouldn't exist in our reality.

Given the Kickstarter I'd argue it was the publishers defying reality. Given the fact budgets seem to outpace industry growth this is probably the truth of it.

Yup, exactly what I just said. Publishers are too focused on garbing casual gamers, trying to grab as many sales as possible that perfectly viable games are denied funding.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 10:02:30 PM »

Yup, exactly what I just said. Publishers are too focused on garbing casual gamers, trying to grab as many sales as possible that perfectly viable games are denied funding.

Nah, casual games as they're commonly defined are dirt cheap to make relatively. It's these big budget AAA games that are problematic, I guess that may be what you were thinking of with casual, but I think that's more "mainstream gamer", as in targeting the average person serious enough about gaming to get consoles at a minimum, not just the people who want to have quick fun in a web browser or on the phone.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 10:13:04 PM »

Err, thats what I meant by Casual gamer.... Usually, Hardcore gamer refers to people who will play this type of niche game.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »

There is a middle ground between casual and Hardcore, though. As Eusis said, that's usually referred to as the "mainstream" gamer.

Anyways, I'm tempted to go play a bunch of Ys games since this topic popped up. I'm kinda lost in the first game, though...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: