Some thoughts, since I was working a trillion hours a week and didn't submit a personal list:
1) Ni no Kuni was my disappointment of 2013. I didn't beat it or anything, and it was pretty and charming and Ghibli and etc, but the gameplay turned me off, and if I can't enjoy that, I'm not gonna enjoy a game at all no matter how nice it looks...
2) I enjoyed SMTIV. It was less of a disappointment to me than NNK was, but I also didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, or would have liked to. That said, Nocturne is one of my favourite RPGs ever (alongside Mass Effect and FFVI), so IV would have a hard time NOT disappointing me on some level.
3) FFXIV is still an RPG and it also being an MMO doesn't invalidate that. Period. Only a couple of editors really played 1.0, so contrary to popular belief, the award isn't because 'FFXIV doesn't suck anymore' - it's because we loved XIV in 2013, no matter what it looked or played like in 2010 or 2011 or whenever before they shut down 1.0.
4) I love Mass Effect 2. Sure, it's really there to bridge the gap between ME1 and 3, but it's also very character-driven, which is what I like about it and games like FFVI.
5) Ys I know for a fact gets a lot of love from the staff, but I think because it came out so late in the year, more of us didn't get to play it enough or at all. I've put a couple hours in over break and I adore it.
6) My non-RPG GotY was Metal Gear Rising. ;)
Music awards are coming!