Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 06:42:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334518 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  THE EVIL WITHIN (ZWEI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: THE EVIL WITHIN (ZWEI)  (Read 9991 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2014, 11:42:20 AM »

my sphincter is puckering with excitement
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2014, 09:49:25 AM »

Well, I like it so far!  Playing on PC and it's locked to a solid 30 fps on my i7, 12 GB and R9 280x system.  There are some dips here and there, but nothing on the level of the console versions.  It crashed on me twice, though.  I unlocked the framerate and it couldn't hold 60 at all.  Hovered around 40-45 and felt worse than the solid thirty as a result. 

Not surprised by the scattered review scores.  Silent Hill 2 had a similar response at first, and I think most of it comes from gameplay decisions that some people will have serious problems with.  I find it funny that the game is so similar to The Last of Us in a lot of way, however.  The basic stealth, resource game, and combat are all very similar.  Shooting takes some getting used to, as enemies are very hard to hit up close.  Keep them far away and rely on stealth! 
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2014, 10:06:05 AM »

Played through the 1st Chapter last night.

Let's just say I'm really bad at stealth games and the part where

Code:
You need to avoid the guy with the chainsaw made me want to pull my hair out. I spent a good 45 minutes trying to get by him. However I see that using a bottle to create noise is also used to good effect in this game, since I was able to grab the nearest bottle, chuck it into the hallway around the room, and when the guy runs off, I hobbled toward the exit and had no more problems.

The environments for this game are fucking amazing. And what they did with the save room is pretty genius. I'm definitely enjoying it so far, so I can't wait to get a chance to play more tonight.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:09:00 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2014, 10:29:53 AM »

Yeah, I like it so far. Clunkier than I thought, and chapter 1 was sort of an odd exercise in awful pacing, but it picked up a lot after that.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2014, 10:37:51 AM »

Yep, Chapter 1 was kind of a disaster.  He got me three or four times and I was incredibly frustrated. 

Is there an option to turn down the sensitivity on movement?  I find that Sebastian is a little too fixed on running, as you have to just barely press the analog stick to make him walk, and any further makes him run.

Love the resource stuff and the stealth feels fair and very visceral.  The atmosphere is outstanding!  Really feels like the REmake and RE4, which is what I wanted! 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: