Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:21:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319128 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What Did You Get For the Holidays? - 2013 Edition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What Did You Get For the Holidays? - 2013 Edition  (Read 1130 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 12:10:43 PM »

3ds a Vita, and a bunch of lottery scratch offs that I won 70 bucks on. Also got some bluetooth headphones which oughta be here tomorrow. My sisters made out like fucking bandits though, 1 got a galaxy tab 3 10,a jbl soundbar, a pair of uggs,a Michael Kors bag, some clothing, a new blu ray player,despicable me 2, and a bunch of lotto scratchers. Other one also got a pair of uggs, a gift certificate for a massage, a bunch of make up and bath oils and related skin care shit, and a ton of other little things.

Seems I got shafted a tad.

A 3ds and a vita and you got shafted? No words can express my feelings about this at the moment.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 12:30:54 PM »

But I wanted a pair of uggs too!

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 12:59:06 PM »

I was thinking the same as Dagg. I'd be happy with ONE new system.

I thought Uggs were passe by now? I don't follow fashion, so I can't really say, but there's a lot of pictures/memes out there about people hating Uggs.

Tree book

Paper comes from trees and books are made of paper so you got a book about trees written on dead trees.

What if we did that to people?
An interesting/morbid thought isn't it? I have numerous books on plants, trees, nature in general. Someone is killing things that I love so I can learn more about the things I love. Weird.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 02:28:24 PM »

I got:
-One of those blankets with sleeves. What do you call those again? I'll just add it to the blanket stack...
-15 Nintendo eShop Card (always nice!)
-15 H&M gift card
-Curtain for my front door
-New toolbox with some new toolsets. Much better than that plastic bag filled with tools I borrowed (stole) from dad.

I thought Uggs were passe by now? I don't follow fashion, so I can't really say, but there's a lot of pictures/memes out there about people hating Uggs.

Some types of girls still wear them. Did you know they now come with all sorts of sparkly crap attached? Yeah, fashion.

I do kind of understand the appeal of regular Uggs though. They're pretty warm and comfy. No good for walking, though. And they make your legs look really short and unattractive...
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »

well, Little Lady and I take a vacation every year first week of Dec to celebrate B-Days and Christmas, so we've already done that but we did get a 3DSXL for each other and I got her Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and she got me SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. I also got a Amazon gift card which I promptly used to buy my son a Vita, so I'm pretty excited about that. Usual work bonus plus three days off this week, possibly the best present, lol.

Everything's Eventual
Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 06:05:17 PM »

You guys made out like bandits!!

I'm not even going to make a list..... I love givings gifts personally. I give them to damn near everyone I know. Hell, even the guy I like down at convenient got gifts from me. Others don't seem to share the sentiment.... and I don't have any close family, friends or relatives so while I looooove to give, the return for me leaves a bit to be desired.

Don't misread me though. I am not bitching. I give myself gifts and the week off from work. That is plenty-good-enough for this Klyde.

I did however get a nice plaque with my name on it and some clock parts for my sculptures. Both made me exceedingly happy :)

Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »

You're very generous, Klyde! It's nice hearing about someone who gets so much joy out of giving. :)

As for me, I was given:

- Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Can finally play it! Woohoo!)
- Rayman Legends (From my sister. I think she really got it so she can play it too [well, for us together], haha.)
- A few books (fiction and non)
- Bakemonogatari on DVD, Part 2.
- Plus a few Steam games from loving friends.

It was a good year. :)

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »

Something to add! My ex girlfriend gave me cookies and chex mix.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 01:15:29 AM »

What on earth are uggs?

I got a Nexus 7 (the new one).  Pretty cool.

No game stuff, but I didn't want anything in that regard.  My backlog is big enough as it is...

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 03:27:09 AM »

Uggs:

They're actually pretty bad for your feet if you plan on wearing them in Europe/North America during winter. They simply weren't made for that kind of weather. The sheep wool will absorb moisture and actually cool your feet down, if you don't watch out. They also have no grip on icy/snowy roads. My sis says they're very good for around the office during the winter months, though. She'll just hide her feet (in off-brand uggs) where no one can see them. Which is, if I recall correctly, the sensible way to wear them according to Australia. And they should know, since they made those unholy monstrosities.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 09:08:57 AM »

Wow, just got a surprise christmas present in the mail from one of my editor-in-chiefs! A Tales of 15th Anniversary Soundtrack signed by Hideo Baba! Apparently they got it back when they went to do those interviews over at Namco Bandai in Sweden. I wrote the questions for those, but stayed at home to do support character stuff (holding the fort is kind of my thing). I know it;s just a simple promotional thing, but it's awesome they didn't forget me. S. even took the time to write a letter. It's handwritten. The last time I got a handwritten letter was over ten years ago.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 09:36:27 AM »

I found out my coworkers sent me a get well basket. I haven't received it yet because the USPS is slow as shit this time of year, but I am excited for it.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 11:46:33 AM »

My girlfriend got me a Teemu Selanne third jersey.  (For those of you who aren't sports fans, many sports teams have three jerseys, a "home" and "away" jersey, the standard ones, and a "third", alternate jersey.  In the case of the Ducks, it's the webbed D logo, as per here: http://shop.nhl.com/Anaheim_Ducks_Jerseys/Reebok_Anaheim_Ducks_Custom_Premier_Third_Jersey)

It's nice to have something to wear about that's not one of my heavy game sweaters.  Plus you have to love Teemu Selanne if you're a hockey fan.  He's one of the best there ever was.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 12:44:02 PM »

After Christmas sale present! My wife just ordered us a Dyson Animal bad ass vacuum. Yes, I'm actually excited for a vacuum. I kind of like cleaning. Sue me.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 07:13:30 AM »

Add $100 dollars from my grandma to the pile. Although the cash I got kind of got wiped out yesterday  when I had to get my car's exhaust system's flex pipe replaced in order to pass state inspection.

I got:
-One of those blankets with sleeves. What do you call those again? I'll just add it to the blanket stack...
A snuggie?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: