Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:33:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332936 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The PS Vita is Awesome!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: The PS Vita is Awesome!  (Read 2287 times)
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 08:22:56 PM »

Hmm... not sure if I buy enough games to pay $9.99 a month though.... :-\
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 08:32:44 PM »

$9.99 a month?!  Who pays that much?  It's like $50 a year, and that's if there's not some kind of promotion.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 09:23:03 PM »

Only spend the $9.99 either if you want to see if you'll seriously use it or to get some games you want until a more opportune time for a subscription. No reason to actually STAY with a $9.99 monthly plan whatsoever.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 09:27:29 PM »

$9.99 a month?!  Who pays that much?  It's like $50 a year, and that's if there's not some kind of promotion.

Even less technically if you wait for a special where point cards are worth more.
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »

I love my Vita...when I can charge it.  Which I currently can't.  The USB cable it came with is dead and the new overpriced cable I orded was DOA.  Seripusly, fuck proprietary cables...

After cleaning through a bunch of my stuff I found out that I now apparently have 2 vita USB cables (both of which work). So if you are still interested, and live somewhere in the Europe region, I'd be willing to ship you one if you want.

Excited for the prospect of more streaming opportunities with the whole Playstation Now announcement. Here's to hoping it won't be severly limited to first party software. There are quite a few ps2 titles I'd love to be able to play on a handheld.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 09:23:55 AM »

I love my Vita...when I can charge it.  Which I currently can't.  The USB cable it came with is dead and the new overpriced cable I orded was DOA.  Seripusly, fuck proprietary cables...

After cleaning through a bunch of my stuff I found out that I now apparently have 2 vita USB cables (both of which work). So if you are still interested, and live somewhere in the Europe region, I'd be willing to ship you one if you want.

Excited for the prospect of more streaming opportunities with the whole Playstation Now announcement. Here's to hoping it won't be severly limited to first party software. There are quite a few ps2 titles I'd love to be able to play on a handheld.

Oh man, I would love to play some ps2 rpg classics on the vita, especially since they wouldnt be affected by input lag as much as other action oriented games.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 07:26:17 PM »

Im thinking about getting a Vita, but I'm so hesitant since, just after I buy it, there will undoubtedly be SUPER AWESOME SPECIAL EDITION CONSOLE or VITA 2000-SLIM MODEL THING.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 03:31:23 AM »

There's indeed a new version on the way, but it has a regular LCD screen instead of a wonderfully fancy OLED. If you care about the details, the original VITA is the super awesome special edition.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 03:44:12 AM »

Well, it sounds like the LCD compares very favorably to the OLED so that helps, which I kind of expected since LCDs are kind of a big deal for Sony unlike Nintendo where it's more about making a reasonably good quality but affordable piece of hardware. So it won't be too big of a deal if you wait for that Vita-2000 rather than going for the OLED, but the deals do seem good enough and who REALLY knows when we'll even see that outside of Japan with how the Vita's doing anyway.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 03:48:30 AM »

Yeah, true. I'm not that fussed about the difference between screens though; I'd take the cheaper option. Good to know though! I'll keep an eye on that. Might just wait for a good deal in-store sometime.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 06:41:58 AM »

Yeah, true. I'm not that fussed about the difference between screens though; I'd take the cheaper option. Good to know though! I'll keep an eye on that. Might just wait for a good deal in-store sometime.

Ahah you cant judge OLED until you see it with your own eyes. I can barely go back to my psp after experiencing such glorious quality. It feels like a cheap chinese knock off in comparison.

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 10:35:14 AM »

Only spend the $9.99 either if you want to see if you'll seriously use it or to get some games you want until a more opportune time for a subscription. No reason to actually STAY with a $9.99 monthly plan whatsoever.

Gotcha.... well, I was looking through the site and that's what I saw. Maybe watch for deals or something then.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2014, 12:09:56 PM »

Here's the page on the Playstation Store where you can sign up.  No special deal required for the $50/year price. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2014, 12:46:21 PM »

Ahah you cant judge OLED until you see it with your own eyes. I can barely go back to my psp after experiencing such glorious quality. It feels like a cheap chinese knock off in comparison.

That and I'm pretty sure the slim won't be much cheaper. Over in Japan, it was only a 1000 yen difference when they came out...not sure if that's changed.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:57:49 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2014, 03:53:02 PM »

I saw a vita on special offer and decided to pick it up. I had planned on waiting until the library grew a bit but I had a few games I wanted to play that I got from PS plus, mainly Soul Sacrifice and New Little King's Story. The system runs great. Some of my favourite things about it are minor ones. I love how you can put it into sleep mode by just tapping a button. I have accidentally turned off my PSP more than once trying to put it into sleep mode. I agree with most of what HolyKael1 said in his first post. There are one or two things that bothered me though.

The spots that appear when a darkened screen lights up scared the shit out of me in the beginning. Thought it was damaged but seems it is a pretty common thing. Doesn't bother me now. Not like it is even noticeable outside of when a black screen lights up.

I forgot how much of a hassle switching between US and EU PSN accounts was. Should be easier after I buy a second memory card though. It isn't like the PSP was much better so I don't really judge it but it is still pretty annoying.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: