Author Topic: No e-mail notifications anymore?

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 54 Optional-RPGFan-Character
    • View Profile
No e-mail notifications anymore?
« on: December 07, 2013, 05:19:52 PM »
So for some reason I stopped receiving e-mail notification of posts and replies and whatnot. All the boxes are still checked but I am just not getting any e-mails... anyone know why or how to fix this? It is so much easier to stay connected to this lovely community via my iphone with those notifications... I miss em...
In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcedental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? Perhaps Man has no control even over his own will…

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com
Re: No e-mail notifications anymore?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:39:20 AM »
I checked the server settings and everything looks okay there.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL

Klyde Chroma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 06:29:11 PM »
After waiting to see if anyone else replied, it is clear to me now this problem is exclusive to me which is a good thing I suppose. I suuuuure wish I could fix it though....
In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcedental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? Perhaps Man has no control even over his own will…

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 07:11:56 PM »
Any chance they're going to a spam folder?
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 07:34:09 PM »
After waiting to see if anyone else replied, it is clear to me now this problem is exclusive to me which is a good thing I suppose. I suuuuure wish I could fix it though....

Or you're the only one who uses the feature ;p
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 11:39:01 AM »
The emails are being blocked by your host.  I set the boards' emails to go from my personal account for a little bit and got a bounceback error.
THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL

Klyde Chroma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »
The emails are being blocked by your host.  I set the boards' emails to go from my personal account for a little bit and got a bounceback error.

Thank you for your help John! I got your e-mail and am taking measure to figure out how to fix things on my end... errr microsoft lives end?? regardless, I appreciate your help on the matter

Klyde Chroma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 06:01:34 PM »
Well no luck so far... tried an alternate hotmail address. Still no notification.... Just set up a gmail address and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Sorry to double post BTW, it just seemed inappropriate to make this an EDIT of my last post.

EDIT: Success!!!! Screw you hotmail!!!!! GMAIL FTW!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 06:07:09 PM by Klyde Chroma »

Guttend

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 06:33:41 AM »
hotmail, AOL mail are blocking most of the good sites. And i don't know why.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 06:50:19 PM »
Probably because the good sites aren't paying them for email addresses to flood users with spam about penis enhancers and credit card solutions.

TASTY!