Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:51:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334757 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Capcom: All games will be "social" in the future; monetization involved
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Capcom: All games will be "social" in the future; monetization involved  (Read 967 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:12:13 PM »

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/01/10/capcom-all-games-will-be-social-future

Teh Future!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 11:31:07 PM »

Hm.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 12:07:30 AM »

EA said the exact same thing too.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 12:34:17 AM »

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:40:28 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 03:29:17 AM »

"Oh wow.  Excellent"
-Capcom's shareholders

"..."
-Everyone else

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 03:52:35 AM »

I vented all my frustration towards Crapcom back when they were killing the Megaman franchise (and even my hidden reserves were tapped by that whole BoFVI fiasco). Right now I couldn't give a fuck if I tried.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 04:11:10 AM »

If they define 'monetization' as adding awesome DLC chapters to our visual novels for a very reasonable price then I'm okay with that. If not... Well, I'll accept the death of some of my favourite series. Can't do much else, can I? Giving a shit seems like a waste of time.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 07:55:55 AM »

Yeah....I really don't care about Capcom games so how they decide to screw themselves over really doesn't affect me. However generally speaking I don't care about the communication aspect as long as it isn't some kind of required mechanic. The monetization though, depends one xctly what they meant. If they DLC then I don't see how that relates to social, but they are probably right. If they mean resetting cool down timers, I still don't see what that has to do with social, and the idea needs to be cooled.

I vented all my frustration towards Crapcom back when they were killing the Megaman franchise (and even my hidden reserves were tapped by that whole BoFVI fiasco). Right now I couldn't give a fuck if I tried.
God damn it, why did you have to remind me that BoFVI was a thing? I had blocked that from my memory.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 08:15:19 AM »

I forgot BoF VI was a thing too, I decided to give myself a reminder by look at the official site. Being as nice as I can, the background music's actually kinda nice and I do like the actual drawn art, but the game itself looks fucking awful and nothing like what Breath of Fire should be. I honestly don't get what they were thinking attaching the name BoF to it.

Side-note: blonde chick's name is Nina so at least they remembered to have that...uh, I guess? It's also supposedly set "thousands of years after the desertification of the world", probably referring to BoF3. Aside from that it's a really lame generic backstory, with the Schwartz Empire (I'm not even joking, that's what they called it...) rising up out of the people struggling to rebuild, subjugating one group at a time. Seems to have a big emphasis on town-building to make supplies for the fight against the Empire, so probably farmville-type social gaming sort of stuff with RPG attached to it, I guess kinda like an online Rune Factory.

Honestly, I bet if they just swapped the aesthetic they'd get a lot more people interested, but just...ugh, yuck. How can they get it so wrong when they've clearly at least looked at the old games, and still have the stones to release it.

Also I don't really see what's so special about the OP article. As someone else mentioned it depends on what exactly he meant because the article is kinda vague (that's some quality journalism, not making it clear), because I don't think it should come as a surprise that DLC or splitting games into episodes etc is going to become more commonplace. Obviously big games will still come out but episodic games arn't exactly rare in the current day.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:20:35 AM by Hathen » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 11:18:08 AM »

I forgot BoF VI was a thing too, I decided to give myself a reminder by look at the official site. Being as nice as I can, the background music's actually kinda nice and I do like the actual drawn art, but the game itself looks fucking awful and nothing like what Breath of Fire should be. I honestly don't get what they were thinking attaching the name BoF to it.

Side-note: blonde chick's name is Nina so at least they remembered to have that...uh, I guess? It's also supposedly set "thousands of years after the desertification of the world", probably referring to BoF3. Aside from that it's a really lame generic backstory, with the Schwartz Empire (I'm not even joking, that's what they called it...) rising up out of the people struggling to rebuild, subjugating one group at a time. Seems to have a big emphasis on town-building to make supplies for the fight against the Empire, so probably farmville-type social gaming sort of stuff with RPG attached to it, I guess kinda like an online Rune Factory.

Honestly, I bet if they just swapped the aesthetic they'd get a lot more people interested, but just...ugh, yuck. How can they get it so wrong when they've clearly at least looked at the old games, and still have the stones to release it.

Like many iOS titles, I don't see Breath of Fire VI primarily aimed for the emotionally attached fans of the series. As I see it they grabbed as most attention as possible by making the game a mainline title but pretty much this is for the 'new audience/casual player' demographic.

Also I don't really see what's so special about the OP article. As someone else mentioned it depends on what exactly he meant because the article is kinda vague (that's some quality journalism, not making it clear), because I don't think it should come as a surprise that DLC or splitting games into episodes etc is going to become more commonplace. Obviously big games will still come out but episodic games arn't exactly rare in the current day.

"Our titles will feature some kind of online connectivity if we see the title in question can benefit from it."

That's it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: