Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 09:31:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327879 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FFIII comparison
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FFIII comparison  (Read 1732 times)
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2006, 04:30:17 PM »

Besides the updated graphics and the new job classes is everything basically the same as the original? Like is the job system and everything basically the same? And any other things that might have been changed
GeekyDad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 11:48:34 PM »

I'm only commenting from what I've learned thus far in my own reading about the game, having not played the Japanese DS version etc. But from what I understand, the characters have been given more backstory and personality. Also, there's been some balance changes to the various jobs, so as to encourage players to use more than just the Sage & Ninja classes by the end of the game. Of course, the music has gotten a make-over as well.

I think in the end though, we're supposed to get the overall basic experience of the original Japanese FFIII.
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 01:27:53 AM »

I know Yoshida is handling the new designs, but is Sakimoto involved with the music at all? I know Matsuno is no longer with SE, but the reason I ask is because the 3 usually work together(FFT, VS, FFXII).

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 09:26:41 AM »

Quote from: "GeekyDad"
I'm only commenting from what I've learned thus far in my own reading about the game, having not played the Japanese DS version etc. But from what I understand, the characters have been given more backstory and personality. Also, there's been some balance changes to the various jobs, so as to encourage players to use more than just the Sage & Ninja classes by the end of the game. Of course, the music has gotten a make-over as well.

I think in the end though, we're supposed to get the overall basic experience of the original Japanese FFIII.

to add a bit more about the job system:  it's more balanced and user friendly i guess you could say.  All jobs should be a fairly viable option to use at any point in the game.  I guess on the NES version some of the jobs sucked royally and some were too strong making it moot to play anything else.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 01:48:45 PM »

yes you are correct, a lot of the jobs in the NES version did suck.  Like scholar, all they could do was read monsters' stats, now how vital is that in combat?  Also why use a caller when you can use summoner, or a fighter when you can be a Paladin, Berserker, Ninja, etc.  

I hear they all have their unique merits now.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 12:38:05 PM »

I might want to play the original now instead of the DS version
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 01:30:35 PM »

How is this game's job system different then FFV and the original FFIII and did NPC's that join your party follow behind you in the original? And did they fight in battles in the original?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: