Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 08:20:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335169 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Unsung Story: A Kickstarter by Yasumi Matsuno.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Unsung Story: A Kickstarter by Yasumi Matsuno.  (Read 9414 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2014, 04:29:21 PM »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians?ref=live

Not a whole lot of information about the game itself thus far and $600k is quite a bit for a kickstarter (though probably a whole lot more realistic than some other kickstarters), but for a spiritual successor to Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics....

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Vencoris

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:08:44 PM »

Thanks, jumped on it!

What timing too, I've just been replaying FFT again.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:16:29 PM »

I probably won't fund it, but I'll definitely buy and play the game.  They seem to have a pretty good start, almost $75k already.  We'll see how well they hold up steam. 
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 06:39:57 PM »

Backed the moment I saw it. Vita stretch goal. Give me buttons or give me death.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »

Backed the moment I saw it. Vita stretch goal. Give me buttons or give me death.

Eh, at least there's a PC version by default. After Republique no way would I trust backing an iOS game with the intent of getting the iOS version.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 06:57:17 PM »

Eh, at least there's a PC version by default. After Republique no way would I trust backing an iOS game with the intent of getting the iOS version.

Yeah, I was seriously disappointed that the 3DS version stretch goal was set at a whopping $2.8 million.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 07:11:09 PM »

Maybe I just missed it, but I don't see what (non-stretch) platforms they're even targeting.  I looked up Playdek and they seem to just make iOS games...

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 07:12:36 PM »

Edit: Oops, misread.

Upon achieving our initial funding goal, in addition to iOS and Android, Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians will come to the PC and Mac platforms as well as Windows Tablets. Additional money raised will go towards adding world class talent to the team, bringing the game to other platforms, and expanding the scope and content of the game.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:14:20 PM by Cyril » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 07:25:56 PM »

Yasumi Matsuno

sold
Vencoris

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 10:59:08 PM »

Not sure how accurate this is, but it's apparently on track to pass all the stretch goals

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians/
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 11:26:04 PM »

These things usually slow down once the hype dies a bit.  They're going to need to viral it a lot to keep up this same pace.  I'd say it seems like it'll meet the $600,000, but I'm not sure if it'll hit all stretch goals.  I'd be surprised if it even hit $1million, but that would certainly be a pleasant surprise if it did.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 11:30:07 PM »

I hope it hits 900k because then they get Alexander O. Smith on board and while this seems to be in English from the start, he can do the faux-shakespearean thing well.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 12:09:08 AM »

I think it's a near-guarantee to hit $1 million.  If it gets good overall coverage a ****ton of people will go for those $20 to $80 pledges.  My guess it that it tops out around $1.3 to $1.4 million. 

Vencoris

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 12:10:18 AM »

These things usually slow down once the hype dies a bit.  They're going to need to viral it a lot to keep up this same pace.  I'd say it seems like it'll meet the $600,000, but I'm not sure if it'll hit all stretch goals.  I'd be surprised if it even hit $1million, but that would certainly be a pleasant surprise if it did.

I think their prediction algorithm needs some work.

When I posted the link they said it was on track for 4.7 million, now it predicts 2.6 million.

So long as it hits 1.8 I'll be satisfied, the game would be happiest on my vita.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 12:31:15 AM »

It's really hard to predict anything about how well a Kickstarter will do less than a day into it.  At least wait until the initial spike seems to die down.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: