Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 13, 2016, 12:25:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
377414 Posts in 15103 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Malekoth
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.  (Read 95669 times)
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: February 08, 2016, 05:33:11 AM »

Oh thought One Winged Angel was just made up language,^_^
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #946 on: February 08, 2016, 10:27:59 AM »

Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec is the made up language.

Games I've given Editor's Choice to:
Ever 17, Hourglass of Summer, Anachronox, Persona PSP, Radiant Historia, To The Moon, Revolution 60
Lian_Kazairl
Taskmistress
RPGFan Editor

Podcast Momma

View Profile Email
« Reply #947 on: February 08, 2016, 10:35:41 AM »

Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec is the made up language.

Well, just that phrase. The rest of Liberi Fatali is in Latin.

The Hymn of the Fayth from FFX also seemingly uses a made up language (Japanese syllables arranged in such a way that it doesn't sound like Japanese), but you can actually unscramble the lyrics into something with real meaning.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:54:10 AM by Lian_Kazairl » Logged

I'm the Dark Souls of Xeno-everything and FFXII. YES, I CAN BE BOTH.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: February 08, 2016, 10:51:08 AM »

I thought it was in english (?)

/s
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: February 08, 2016, 04:09:39 PM »

Well I wouldn't mind just trusting Annubis's English translation that seems pretty accurate! =-)

In seriousness though, did not know Nobuo was rocking back and forth between kind of imaginary stuff and Latin, knew Liberi Fatali was Latin for some reason, guessed Winosec was, and forgot One Winged Angel entirely.

So I guess it's

Liberi Fatali - Latin confirmed!
Lusec Winosec chant - Who knows!
Hymn of the Faith - Japanese/imaginary combination
Aranea - Latin confirmed!
One Winged Angel - Latin confirmed!
Noctis Lucis Caelum - Apparently some combination of night, of the light, and sky in latin. So he is Night  of the light sky! Ok, or something around there...
Lunafreya Nox Flueret - Is apparently some combination of "Night" (Nox in latin), Flueret (French for fencing foil), Luna (Latin as well as Spanish and Russian for moon). So that's Latin, French, Spanish, and Russian, at least in theory. *Oh and Freya is a god in Norse mythology but I don't think it really translated into anything per se, it was just the name*

Phew!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:15:30 PM by Artimicia » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
Administrator

You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #950 on: February 08, 2016, 06:40:37 PM »

Fithos Lusec is made up, but the whole phrase is an anagram of "Succession of Witches!"

Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: February 09, 2016, 08:11:10 PM »

Fithos Lusec is made up, but the whole phrase is an anagram of "Succession of Witches!"

Thanks for clarifying Zidane (and others) =-)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:18:32 PM by Artimicia » Logged
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #952 on: February 09, 2016, 08:16:47 PM »

And the leftover letters from Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec (Succession of Witches) spell out "LOVE"

Games I've given Editor's Choice to:
Ever 17, Hourglass of Summer, Anachronox, Persona PSP, Radiant Historia, To The Moon, Revolution 60
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: February 09, 2016, 08:18:12 PM »

Um well lets see I guess I could also say more generally Versus XIII did look way more appealing in some ways (Stella vs Luna, etc), and just kind of maybe the overall feel of the game.

That said, it still looks like it could be one of the much more exciting Final Fantasies, like with 8 or something, if and when it ever actually comes out. It seems like a mash between Type-0 kind of styling (which I never played but it did seem kind of interesting), and the kind of original ideas for Versus XIII to make a kind of unique sort of thing in some ways.

I'm not really holding my breath though, it seems entirely possible it won't be coming out for awhile, and I don't even have a PS4 still, it seems like the kind of thing to get one for though.

The only exclusives for PS4 that caught my attention were Valkyria: Azure Revolution, the biggest problem it seems was the Demon Souls/Shadow of the Colossus thing (and so Bloodborne and TLG) were never super magnetizing, though that applies more to Bloodborne than TLG.

Sorry getting off topic this is the FF thread lol, but like Demon Souls was pretty fun and all but mostly a lot of PS4 is very same old at this point it seems (although that applies to FF as well)
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: February 10, 2016, 04:34:34 AM »

And the leftover letters from Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec (Succession of Witches) spell out "LOVE"

Haha sounds very Nobuo ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: