Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2015, 10:11:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
356022 Posts in 14459 Topics by 2262 Members
Latest Member: Yoru
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Breath of Fire 6 announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Breath of Fire 6 announced  (Read 10727 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2015, 05:21:58 PM »

-The main character is created (so again, like an MMO), so there's no actual blue-haired Ryu-equivalent in this game

So, this isn't a Breath of Fire game then. ;-P
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2015, 06:41:58 PM »

There is a decent bit on the official site if you want to poke around on it. I will agree that it seems like there's some actual effort being put into the game as far as a mobile game is concerned, but that alongside the fact that its multiplayer almost guarantees it won't come to the West. The Mobile market for games is very different in Japan.

Some random things I can say:
-The premise is a pretty obvious setup for the type of game it is (You're fighting an evil empire). While the site claims the game will have story missions it'll probably be dripfed- a lot like an MMO basically.
-The main character is created (so again, like an MMO), so there's no actual blue-haired Ryu-equivalent in this game
-I actually think the art itself for the game is quite nice (still prefer the other 5 games though), but I hate the types of sprites they went with. Don't understand the obsession mobile games have with that style.
-Your main character can change classes as he grows
-The site advises you to synergize your skills with the people you party with, but obviously you can't really tell if that's just a flavor thing you can choose to ignore or something you'll have to do to win

In addition to the above: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/20/breath-fire-6-shows-off-multiplayer-missions-class-changing-costumes/

The MC also has Dragon Transformations (which makes it slightly more of an BoF game than MMX:Command Mission). Also, points I guess for the series coming its closest to having a protagonist named Ryuuko instead of Ryu (not that we're getting either, mind ryu).

I guess we can all agree that at least its probably going to be better than XOver.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2015, 12:29:28 AM »

I'm really of mixed feelings on this game. Like anyone else I would've loved a console or even a handheld sequel to the game, but mobile gaming is where a lot of the money is now and for what's a relatively minor franchise like BoF this might've been its only option to survive (Then again games like EO and Tales seem to do just fine so what do I know). Whether we like it or not though, mobile games are getting bigger so getting more ambitious games on it than crappy matching and marble games would be kinda nice. If you enjoyed Dragon Quarter you can't really say you're against big changes in the franchise.

Only problem is that because the West doesn't take mobile gaming "seriously" as Japan these games would probably never make it over.
timmyFd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »

Why do they actually think the name of Breath Of Fire would mean something in the mobile market anyway? I mean, the name only carries weight with very specific audiences. I imagine the reception will be similar to angry birds being released on PS4.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2015, 01:34:12 PM »

Well again, the mobile gaming market in Japan is quite different, and keep in mind when BoF1 was first released...lots of those people would be working/have families now and I don't think they'd mind the movement to mobile platforms. Another thing is that ISPs in Asia don't suck so they can play online games like this one pretty much wherever without needing to worry about only having a non-unlimited plan or whatever as much.

This doesn't look like a case of something like that godawful Megaman X iOS port or another shovelware match-3 game. I also wouldn't really say mobile platforms are completely lacking in good or "serious" games, you do have games like Republique and such which are at least trying to experiment with it.

Not that I'm saying I think the game looks amazing, because it doesn't. But it does seem like they're at least trying.
timmyFd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »

Yeah I have to admit I know fuck all about the Japanese phone market. I heard they love iPhones? It's like 1 of the 3 western products they buy? Harry Potter books being the second. And I forget the third.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2015, 03:54:06 PM »

Maple syrup
;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: