Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2015, 03:28:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
349474 Posts in 14257 Topics by 2245 Members
Latest Member: Xanxos
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 149785 times)
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1785 on: February 19, 2015, 10:56:51 PM »

I've put about 9-11 hours into Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. Just curious to all of the more experienced Tales fans on here, what is Symphonia ranked in terms of quality to the series as a whole? Some people love it and some people think it's not one of the greats like Vesperia. I'm enjoying it, even though the story is absolutely dull.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:58:25 PM by DrGonzo » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1786 on: February 19, 2015, 11:10:26 PM »

I've put about 9-11 hours into Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. Just curious to all of the more experienced Tales fans on here, what is Symphonia ranked in terms of quality to the series as a whole? Some people love it and some people think it's not one of the greats like Vesperia. I'm enjoying it, even though the story is absolutely dull.

Its more of a dated stepping stone gameplay-wise (i.e. good for people playing it in 2004-5 or were stuck with just a Gamecube, but there have been better Tales of Titles since; namely Vesperia, The Abyss and Graces F; but its not as bad as some of the rocks that have come out like Legendia and Hearts either). Story-wise, the game's a mess (to the point where the final boss will seem like he comes out of nowhere, while before that you're just kinda meandering from one plot arc to the next with little rhyme or reason), but then again, what Tales of Game isn't?

Either way though, at least Symphonia isn't half as bad as Dawn of the New World is.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1787 on: February 20, 2015, 01:04:16 AM »

Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ??!

https://steamdb.info/sub/61325/

What is THIS ?

(for those who don't get it, this is a very strong indicator that Zestiria will be on Steam)

Watch it join Destiny PS2 and Vesperia PS3 (or will it be the PS4 version that has the extra character and stuff but is doomed to forever remain in Japan).

Steam is almost unheard of in Japan, this was made for the west.  Now they fucking listen to me (and my team)....assholes -_-

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1788 on: February 20, 2015, 01:06:40 AM »

Its more of a dated stepping stone gameplay-wise (i.e. good for people playing it in 2004-5 or were stuck with just a Gamecube, but there have been better Tales of Titles since; namely Vesperia, The Abyss and Graces F; but its not as bad as some of the rocks that have come out like Legendia and Hearts either). Story-wise, the game's a mess (to the point where the final boss will seem like he comes out of nowhere, while before that you're just kinda meandering from one plot arc to the next with little rhyme or reason), but then again, what Tales of Game isn't?

Either way though, at least Symphonia isn't half as bad as Dawn of the New World is.
I kinda wanna play Dawn of the New World since it's on a different console than Wii. Other than that, the only 10/10 thing about Symphonia is Colette, she's cute as buttons!
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1789 on: February 20, 2015, 01:25:30 AM »

Story-wise, the game's a mess (to the point where the final boss will seem like he comes out of nowhere, while before that you're just kinda meandering from one plot arc to the next with little rhyme or reason), but then again, what Tales of Game isn't?

What?  The Final Boss out of nowhere?  You meet them a little over half-way through the game and s/he is referenced a bunch of times.  Tales games are usually decent at setting up bosses as well-known plot-related character as, if not the actual final boss, then the second-to-last.

You're on the money about the plot.  It's weird as hell, tries to be smarter about it than it is, and in the end you just kinda stick it out because Zelos or someone will say something funny.  Their party chemistry totally works too.  I also like the sort-of idea of a "fetch quest" Tales games have in mind.  Symphonia making you investigate a random bookshelf to learn how to heal that one dude.

...the idea of "racism" in Smyphonia is kinda funny.  HUMANS.  ELVES.  STOP FUCKING, YOU'RE SCREWING YOUR CHILDREN OVER TO A LIFE OF BEING HATED.  MMKAY?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1790 on: February 20, 2015, 01:36:23 AM »

STOP FUCKING

SCREWING YOUR CHILDREN

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1791 on: February 20, 2015, 01:44:21 AM »

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1792 on: February 20, 2015, 11:07:38 AM »

Story-wise, the game's a mess (to the point where the final boss will seem like he comes out of nowhere, while before that you're just kinda meandering from one plot arc to the next with little rhyme or reason), but then again, what Tales of Game isn't?

What?  The Final Boss out of nowhere?  You meet them a little over half-way through the game and s/he is referenced a bunch of times.  Tales games are usually decent at setting up bosses as well-known plot-related character as, if not the actual final boss, then the second-to-last.

You're on the money about the plot.  It's weird as hell, tries to be smarter about it than it is, and in the end you just kinda stick it out because Zelos or someone will say something funny.  Their party chemistry totally works too.  I also like the sort-of idea of a "fetch quest" Tales games have in mind.  Symphonia making you investigate a random bookshelf to learn how to heal that one dude.

...the idea of "racism" in Smyphonia is kinda funny.  HUMANS.  ELVES.  STOP FUCKING, YOU'RE SCREWING YOUR CHILDREN OVER TO A LIFE OF BEING HATED.  MMKAY?

I'm not talking about the Zemus/Zeromus/Necron type of out-of-nowhere where they literally drop out from nowhere to start Final Boss-ing it up, I'm talking about that guy from Star Ocean 4 type of 'out-of-fucking-nowhere'. Basically the type where you hang out with the guy for a goodly chunk of the game, which during that time, there's little to no reason to ever suspect him to be of anything more than a foil to more interesting/relevant characters, let alone expect him to become the FINAL FUCKING BOSS.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1793 on: February 20, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »

They do actually drop hints about him, they're just not anything you're likely to notice the first time around. I think being a little too vague and subtle is better than hammering you in the face with the idea.

...but yeah, the approach to racism is weird, to say the least. The Pope guy at least gets a reason given that makes a little sense (even if it is a horrible thing to do), the elves have no excuse. "We banned the half-elves because they worked with humans to create horrible weapons because we kicked them out because they were okay with humans because some of us elves hated the half-elves because..." and so on. Everything the half-elves did can be directly linked to something the elves did first.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:50:37 PM by Zendervai » Logged
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1794 on: February 25, 2015, 08:46:03 AM »

side note: Who pays attention/finds out about this kind of stuff? Granted, 3 hours (looking at the "last record update") is plenty of time to find about something but, still, I find it interesting that people are able to find out about it.

Not many people anymore because Steam DB just updated and it removed all names (from now on, all old stuff is as is).
Everything is anonymous now.
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1795 on: March 26, 2015, 11:19:15 PM »

http://www.bandainamcoent.eu/news/2015/03/26/celebrate-the-tales-of-20th-anniversary-with-tales-of-zestiria/5014

EU Tales is teasing something for the 20th anni.  Who knows what.

Lots of radio silence of Zesteria, maybe the PC/PS4 thing might be happening (is all I'd speculate).
It's also about time from a Phantasia remake soon, I'm sure. :P
Or "Tales of Smash" given Banco's recent help and given the Tales loving shitty spin-offs.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:21:17 PM by Dice » Logged

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1796 on: March 27, 2015, 04:15:05 AM »

Or "Tales of Smash" given Banco's recent help and given the Tales loving shitty spin-offs.

Didn't they do this already? Or am I thinking about Legend of Heroes x Ys?

If anything, I'd expect a Tales of Musou game after both Zelda and Dragon Quest got one in the space of a year.

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: