Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 03:39:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330048 Posts in 13524 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Unsung Story: A Kickstarter by Yasumi Matsuno.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Unsung Story: A Kickstarter by Yasumi Matsuno.  (Read 8151 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2014, 12:22:07 PM »

Also I think primarily relying on Yasumi Matsuno's name might not have been the best advertising strategy, as I don't think a lot of people outside of the genre know it or care (hell I'm knee deep in the genre and my first reaction was who?).

I have to disagree.  Yasumi Matsuno's name was literally the only thing this Kickstarter had going for it, and was almost certainly the reason for the  significant  initial success.  Things started slowing down when people realized he was more of an advisor and the game was being made by a mobile dev.

Also, I don't get the drama about somebody pulling their $5000 pledge.  That short of thing happens all the time in Kickstarters.  I literally do not think I have ever participated in a Kickstarter where somebody didn't pull a significant pledge at some point.  Usually it's just less visible, though.  You see the effect here because the daily income is so low...

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2014, 12:30:08 PM »

Also I think primarily relying on Yasumi Matsuno's name might not have been the best advertising strategy, as I don't think a lot of people outside of the genre know it or care (hell I'm knee deep in the genre and my first reaction was who?).

I have to disagree.  Yasumi Matsuno's name was literally the only thing this Kickstarter had going for it, and was almost certainly the reason for the  significant  initial success.  Things started slowing down when people realized he was more of an advisor and the game was being made by a mobile dev.

Also, I don't get the drama about somebody pulling their $5000 pledge.  That short of thing happens all the time in Kickstarters.  I literally do not think I have ever participated in a Kickstarter where somebody didn't pull a significant pledge at some point.  Usually it's just less visible, though.  You see the effect here because the daily income is so low...

It's not really "drama", per se, but the fact that the project has slowed down, then... someone pulls a pledge, especially it being somewhat of a large sum of money. It just shows that certain people are getting more skeptical about Unsung Story.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2014, 01:12:40 PM »

If you're really worried about it, do some viraling for them.  They definitely seem to need it.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2014, 02:25:32 PM »

If you're really worried about it, do some viraling for them.  They definitely seem to need it.

I've been doing that. I linked the project to a few gaming groups on Facebook, with each one having about 2,000 members. Some were interested, others weren't because it wasn't a casual shooting game.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2014, 03:43:34 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/29/bravely-default-character-designer-joins-unsung-story-team/

Its like they're gettin' the band back together here, kinda.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2014, 04:57:59 AM »

Yeah, this is more enticing. I hope to see Masaharu Iwata, thrown down a few songs with Sakimoto-san :D

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2014, 05:03:02 AM »

Honestly, I'm surprised he even has time to participate, since he has been busy with Final Fantasy XIV, and Bravely Second.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2014, 05:09:27 AM »

Hmm, the Kickstarter seems to have pretty much hit a wall.  Which is sad, because this is something that does deserve to get made.  They might have asked for a bit much, I suppose.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2014, 07:02:27 AM »

Well my point was supposed to be that they needed something beyond just his name to get more people interested. They needed something to show that they were going to be able to handle this thing despite being a mobile dev. Not that they shouldn't have used his name at all.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2014, 02:09:27 PM »

Hmm, the Kickstarter seems to have pretty much hit a wall.  Which is sad, because this is something that does deserve to get made.  They might have asked for a bit much, I suppose.

What bothers me too is a lot of the post-goal bonuses are what would really interest me in the game.
I'd say it's time for me to fund a kickstarter, but I have no job...womp wooomp.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2014, 02:40:09 PM »

What bothers me too is a lot of the post-goal bonuses are what would really interest me in the game.
I'd say it's time for me to fund a kickstarter, but I have no job...womp wooomp.

Maybe you could launch a Kickstarter...for funding Kickstarters.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »

Maybe you could launch a Kickstarter...for funding Kickstarters.

I like your thinking! 

You're hired!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2014, 10:55:07 PM »

I don't know, Project Phoenix got $1 million so I figure this could get about the same.... I think the main problem is that Unsung Story is so early in development, they don't really have anything concrete to show.... They need an update that goes into more detail about gameplay mechanics... All we really know about the combat for now is that it will be turn-based and inspired by FF tactics. 
PrismFlux
Contributing Editor

Destroy the Facade

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2014, 11:36:50 PM »

I don't know, Project Phoenix got $1 million so I figure this could get about the same.... I think the main problem is that Unsung Story is so early in development, they don't really have anything concrete to show.... They need an update that goes into more detail about gameplay mechanics... All we really know about the combat for now is that it will be turn-based and inspired by FF tactics. 

I agree with this. I'd really like to see some early gameplay footage of some sort, maybe some solid concept art. Really just something other then "It's gonna be awesome just like Final Fantasy Tactics!"
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »

I was somewhat disappointed in the newest update, with those 11 questions being answered. Most were and I'm paraphrasing, of course "We don't really know anything at this point, but we'll keep ya posted! ;)"

Maybe I'm just getting a bit irritated, that they have yet to show some more information on the game. I'm completely stoked for Yoshida, Sakimoto, and Matsuno being together, but THAT will only happen, if they reach $1,000,000 (sorry if my posts are becoming a broken record, but I'm getting antsy for another, potential epic game with these three). 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: