Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:57:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334773 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Unsung Story: A Kickstarter by Yasumi Matsuno.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print
Author Topic: Unsung Story: A Kickstarter by Yasumi Matsuno.  (Read 9211 times)
PrismFlux
RPGFan Editor

Destroy the Facade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2014, 02:38:32 PM »

I think the video they released was non-informative, but effective. Their goal is to try and keep momentum going for interest in the game, and help keep people motivated and continuing to spread the word. If they were only to remain silent on the public front then I think people would lose interest, and maybe some people would even pull their pledges.

It's sort of a catch-22 I think: they don't have anything to show or tell us to hype us up, but they can't just wait until they do.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »

Yeah, they don't even sound like they have the basic gameplay mechanics down yet.

Of course, since this is a kickstarter, its understandable why they wouldn't have a working build yet, but the lack of even a proof of concept is biting them in the ass.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2014, 04:29:41 PM »

I actually pulled my stake because of the uncertainty and all that. I can just buy it if it gets funded.

I funded the Wakfu animated series one instead. :-)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2014, 07:58:27 AM »

Seems that they are having another bad today. Looks like a high tier backer backed out as the total is down 2k from where it was when I went to bed. Still looks to me like the project will hit the minimum goal (and possibly the 750k goal), but I can't help but think that it might be better off failing, reworking the project, and then trying again. Although I sort of get the feeling that Playdek would probably just do the mobile version and not bother with a second Kickstarter attempt if this fails.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2014, 07:02:25 AM »

Double post....but oh well. Funding seems to be stabilizing at about 3k per day for the moment.....and this is not looking good for the project. Current Kicktraq trend still puts it as reaching the goal, but the Kicktraq projecting puts it as missing by possibly more than 100k. However there is a bigger problem at hand here. With the current trend, it should in theory be able to hit the 600k goal if it gets a good last 48 hour boost....but since it does not look like the other console stretch goals will be met, there is a very good that there will be some backer flight in the near future. Question becomes how many people backed hoping for other systems and how many are going to pull because they aren't being hit.

Honestly at this point I give the whole thing a 50/50 shot of getting funded at all since it will likely enter the last 48 hours with under 500k funded and that very likely will suppress the impact of the last 48 boost. I just don't know how much.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2014, 12:10:26 PM »

If it doesn't reach its goal, hopefully, they'll add Sakimoto-san to compose the soundtrack, regardless.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2014, 02:29:30 AM »

Honestly, this is the kind of Kickstarter I kind of feel they should just cancel and then relaunch later once they have a clearer idea of what the game will be like and what roles the team members will be filling.  I feel like it ought to be able to do better but there are too many questions right now.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2014, 07:28:26 AM »

Definitely Kevadu.

They should do interviews too, bring this back into public view and get out some of those gameplay questions in mind.  I feel like this is funding 600k for them to actually just start sitting at the table and etch out those ideas (it's I guess the cruel issue that nobody wants to maybe hammer out progress TILL the money is there?).

I want it to make the goal, and I'm really thinking of donating myself (won't lie, the OST and artbook are a big push why because of the talents...in the stretch goal...that it probably won't make).

So do they just scrap *everything* it if they can't make the funds in a week's time?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2014, 07:20:23 AM »

They've had an update regarding gameplay! They are going to be innovating the TRPG genre for all time with an amazing an amazing innovation called triangles!.....ugh. I am not intrigued at all. Kicktraq seems to indicate that I am not alone in that as at the moment, they are at $100 increase for today and yesterday ($500 gain yesterday and $400 loss at this moment for today). Also it is no longer trending towards completion, which really means nothing as the trend line ignores several factors, but it is still a negative milestone. Glad that there is at least one Kickstarter RPG (Kingdom Come) that I am interestered at the moment which should get funded.

So do they just scrap *everything* it if they can't make the funds in a week's time?
If they don't hit 600k by the end of the campaign then no one gets charged everything and they either develop it only for ios and android or they try again later depending on what they want to do.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2014, 05:26:58 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2014/02/unsung-story-update-details-gameplay-perspective

A link with the relevant information for those still interested.

You know, if they're going with hexes triangles, then does anyone else think that they may have to drop the flanking mechanic from FFT/etc. or do you think they'll end up reengineering it to compensate for six sides?

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2014, 12:55:44 AM »

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I tend to have to agree to the above posts... They're not going to meet their approaching goal deadline of being funded 100% next week according to Kicktraq by a margin of 4%.

At first I was worried they weren't going to get their stretch goal of nabbing Hitoshi Sakimoto for the OST, but now I'm worried about Unsung Story getting fully funded at all.

I also agree they should salvage the project and relaunch when their vision is met with more progress and team agreement on the direction they want to take the TRPG.

I won't pull my pledge, yet I'll just have to hope they burn the proverbial midnight oil this weekend and next week for impressive daily updates with gameplay, music samples and/or character design artwork.

They've made it this far with spoken word and name dropping talent. Now it's time to see if they've produced some wow factor to get gamers who've been skeptical and on the fence to pledge further monetary support to fund this spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
siveon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2014, 03:57:44 PM »

Yeah, to make people excited for a SRPG you would need to talk a lot about the gameplay. You need some definition in here, otherwise people are gonna wonder what exactly you're planning and in this case, what are you doing with your star child.

Hope it gets enough attention to at least make a second kickstarter. Hopefully this time with more involvement with the man himself.

So yeah, agree with the consensus around here.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2014, 12:46:10 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/10/matsuno-unsung-story-will-differ-final-fantasy-tactics/

Speaking of gameplay.

Interesting stuffs, but not about this game in particular.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2014, 12:48:01 PM »

Looks like the game isn't even going to reach its target goal.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2014, 09:45:51 PM »

Looks like Hitoshi Sakimoto is confirmed, regardless if the goal is met! :D

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: