Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 12:15:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327231 Posts in 13399 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Unsung Story: A Kickstarter by Yasumi Matsuno.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Unsung Story: A Kickstarter by Yasumi Matsuno.  (Read 6758 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2014, 11:56:21 PM »

Just in case anyone missed it, even though they didn't hit his stretch goal, Sakimoto is going to be on the team.

Edit: Or I'm an idiot and it was mentioned two pages ago.  I even did a Control-F!

Oh well.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2014, 12:00:31 AM »

Just in case anyone missed it, even though they didn't hit his stretch goal, Sakimoto is going to be on the team.

Edit: Or I'm an idiot and it was mentioned two pages ago.  I even did a Control-F!

Oh well.

It matters not!

Great job Cyril!  Thanks for the info!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2014, 01:20:41 AM »

Oh well.

That is fantastic news. I was hoping they'd still get some of those extras even without the preliminary funding, and the music is much more important than the "flavor text." 
Hopefully they can still get a decent localization, but if it turns out as yet another Babelfish job, I'll just play the Japanese version.   
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2014, 06:56:38 AM »

Oh well.

That is fantastic news. I was hoping they'd still get some of those extras even without the preliminary funding, and the music is much more important than the "flavor text." 
Hopefully they can still get a decent localization, but if it turns out as yet another Babelfish job, I'll just play the Japanese version.   
It is being developed by an American studio, so I assume that the "original" language will be English as I don't believe that Matsuno is writing the script.
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2014, 12:15:07 PM »

Oh well.

It is being developed by an American studio, so I assume that the "original" language will be English as I don't believe that Matsuno is writing the script.

On the other hand there was talk of localization and two Japanese to English translators Alex Smith and Joseph Reeder are their first stretch goal.  I'd think if all dialogue and story was going to written by Playdek there'd be no need for them... Unless they're actually helping with the localization of the Japanese version, but then that wouldn't make much sense as a stretch goal :)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2014, 12:44:54 PM »

Oh well.

On the other hand there was talk of localization and two Japanese to English translators Alex Smith and Joseph Reeder are their first stretch goal.  I'd think if all dialogue and story was going to written by Playdek there'd be no need for them... Unless they're actually helping with the localization of the Japanese version, but then that wouldn't make much sense as a stretch goal :)

I think in this case, its just a matter of wanting them for their ye olde faux Shakespearian dialog rather than any actual localization work. Especially since they're regulars on Matsuno directed games and having them would help to 'complete the package' so to speak.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2014, 12:45:40 AM »

And speaking of which....

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/translator-alexander-o-smith-joins-unsung-story-development-team/

Makes me wonder what they were really going for with those stretch goals.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2014, 01:54:03 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/translator-alexander-o-smith-joins-unsung-story-development-team/

If people would pay up then win-win. :P

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2014, 06:42:46 AM »

Because they thought they would millions of dollars because their idea was so awesome and therefore the early stretch goals didn't really matter?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: