Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 05:52:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327206 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The 360
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The 360  (Read 2059 times)
Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2006, 09:35:07 PM »

So I got real lucky today. I went to Gamestop to sell back several games. They loaded me up with lots of cash for them (47.87 <-- big cash). I asked if they had any 360's for sale and of course they said no. They were on  back order till April. I check the EB Games store and they didn't have any either. I was driving home and I decided, what the hell, lets check Circuit City. The sign on the door said they had 360's. So I go in and check the 360 section. The space was empty with the exception of a few games (a lot sold out) and some accessories. I walk up to a clerk and ask if they have any in stock. She told me that they received a shipment  on Monday and to go to the customers desk as thats where they had them last. I went up there and surprisingly they had one left. A core system. So I buy it. $314 pretty much. They however had no hard drives. Seems lots of places had no hard drives. I thought about buying a game, either Perfect Dark or Call of duty. I decided to wait. March 20th will be the day of all days. Even greater than the Ides of March.

On a different note, I was suprised at how heavy the damn system was. I was under the impression that the system was small. I thought it was a little larger than a router or network, but to my suprise it was almost as big as the original xbox. Sorting through the box I came across a massive Flail (later to be discovered as a power supply). So I walk up to my dad and smash him in the head with it and proceed to slaughter all the innocents in the greatest  kingdom of all, Pennsylvania. I then went to the local appraisal store and discovered it was indeed a Flail. In fact, it was a +5 Flail of suffering. Mind you, you need a +2 or higher enchanted weapon to harm a liche, so lets just say this is a pretty bad ass weapon. After slaying all the people in town and freeing all the innocent peacekeeping humanitarian people in Guantanimo, I decided it was time to check what else was in my chest.... The controller this time around is really small, but I like it pretty much. It's comfortable. Anyway, this system is going to be heavy as shit when attached to the hard drive. I imagine the hard drive can weigh no less than 20 dumptrucks full of cement.

I've got to say, I had lost all faith in Circuit City. What with their massive scrolls of sales and not having lots of electronics, games, and movies on release day. They really changed my view of the store.

One final thought. I was under the assumption that only the 360 hardware and the hard drives were in limited quantity. But after going to stores, apparently some games are hard to find too. Apparently now from what I gathered fromt the Gamestop guy, you had to preorder Ghost Recon Advanced to secure a copy. Wierd to say the least.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 09:40:21 PM »

What the bloody fuck does this have to do with Console RPGs? Absolutely nothing, that's what. Learn to post in the right sections. As for getting the core system. Why the fuck would you do that? Why not just get on the list at EB for the massive shipment(s) that they will be getting between the 20th and April 1st.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:40:24 PM »

One final thought. I was under the assumption that only the 360 hardware and the hard drives were in limited quantity. But after going to stores, apparently some games are hard to find too. Apparently now from what I gathered fromt the Gamestop guy, you had to preorder Ghost Recon Advanced to secure a copy. Wierd to say the least.

That's about the only game that's hard to find, and that's because it came out today.  We got 36 copies in at work, but we had 34 preorders.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 02:06:15 AM »

Meh, a mild victory. There's nothing out for the 360 that really makes me want to purchase it, so far i'm not too impressed with it.

Though I do hear that Ghost Recon is pretty sweet.
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 04:34:23 AM »

Quote from: "Iolaus"

Sorting through the box I came across a massive Flail (later to be discovered as a power supply). So I walk up to my dad and smash him in the head with it and proceed to slaughter all the innocents in the greatest  kingdom of all, Pennsylvania. I then went to the local appraisal store and discovered it was indeed a Flail. In fact, it was a +5 Flail of suffering. Mind you, you need a +2 or higher enchanted weapon to harm a liche, so lets just say this is a pretty bad ass weapon. After slaying all the people in town and freeing all the innocent peacekeeping humanitarian people in Guantanimo.

Im not exactly sure what to tell you here to be honest. Im a little scared knowing that I live a few hundred miles away from you seeing that you desecrated the state of pennsylvania with an xbox 360 power supply, to say the least (people usualy get arrested for that kind of thing here in new york). I am a little curious as to where these so called appraisal stores are however, ive got a few ????? items about my house, most of them are in the back of the refridgerator however.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: