Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:57:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330171 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Misc. Gaming News Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Print
Author Topic: Misc. Gaming News Topic  (Read 10467 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: August 29, 2014, 03:20:14 AM »

The US is een scary place... :(

Half of the American news I see seems to be about policemen making terrible mistakes (the other half is about the economy). I get that the officers are afraid as well since there's always a very real possibility the subject pulls out a gun, but a policeforce that sees everyone who isn't in uniform as the enemy may be more dangerous than actual criminals.

Its not so bad as long as you're white and don't have a beard, don't approach a public school, don't have anything darker than a vanilla complexion, don't wear articles of clothing that look remotely foreign, don't wear concealing garments like hoodies or jackets, don't protest anything, don't stand in the vicinity of a protest, don't talk to the police, and you can speak English if you still end up talking to a police officer.

Then its just a matter of not being in the same vicinity of a person shooting up the place/looking like he's going to shoot up the place, or a bomb planted nearby a nationally recognized event, or a gang war shoot out/hit, or anybody open carrying a gun, or Florida.
Even that won't protect you much. I'm buying a shotgun.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: August 29, 2014, 03:28:22 AM »

I thought it was bad when they stopped my dad for looking suspicious because he happened to have a darker complexion, a beard and sunglasses somewhere during the summer of 2002. Sure, he was back on his way within five minutes, but that kind of racial profiling doesn't make you feel safer. Can't imagine what it's liked to be stopped by cops who are carrying a firearm and may even be looking for a reason to use it.

And then I see cops on the news who have more military toys than our military has, but have had none of the training that's supposed to go with it. Like, don't go pointing guns at people unless you're ready to pull the trigger! It will only escalate the situation if you use it to threaten random protesters! Even I know that.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: August 29, 2014, 05:55:43 AM »

It's an arms war.  I'm not saying that the police always behave appropriately (I mean, they clearly don't), but at the same time they're not exactly wrong to be paranoid.  Police officers are killed in the line of duty all the time.  When everyone has guns it simply doesn't take much to kill somebody and the only 'protection' is to shoot first.  Which inevitably means that sometimes you're shooting people who haven't actually done anything...then the NRA types claim the solution is even more guns.

Of course that doesn't excuse the racial profiling issue.  The fact is you're much more likely to be shot if you're black.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: August 29, 2014, 06:55:44 AM »

So just occurred to me, this topic has not covered the biggest news story in gaming this week. Lizard Squad. Basically a bunch of man children (or idiotic teens) who have been doing DDOS attacks on various web services recently including League of Legends, Blizzard, Twitch, PSN, and I believe Xbox Live. Oh, and they tweeted a bomb threat to a plane with a Sony Executive on it. So yeah, they are going to jail the moment the FBI tracks them down.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: August 29, 2014, 08:41:33 AM »

Yup, just a bunch of babies who think they're H4x0r5 because they learned how to DDOS but haven't learned the difference between playing "vengeful vigilante" and committing a felony.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: August 29, 2014, 02:51:25 PM »

New 3DS XL and 3DS from Nintendo ...almost has a second analog. Instead it has a weird nipple thing
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: August 29, 2014, 07:02:39 PM »

Hooboy.

The problem with police in Ohio is that they don't give a shit about collateral damage. It's not a case of them getting jumpy and shooting unarmed people because they THOUGHT they had a gun -- it's a case of them shooting at people who actually ARE armed but completely ignoring innocent bystanders in the process.

Honestly if someone was trying to rob me I'd rather just give them whatever and forget about it than get the cops involved.

At which point I remember there was a fatal shooting in my neighborhood back in January and I do NOT even live in a remotely bad part of town -- and this was after a week after I actually was coerced into giving some dude 50 bucks for alcohol, and then called the police after the fact (at which point they didn't give a shit and as I mentioned elsewhere, I think the guy's now wanted for robbing a 71-year old HRR DRRR WHY THE FUCK AM I STILL LIVING HERE.)

Anyway, XBC's a nice killer app for the New 3DS but I wonder if the adoption rate's going to be that hot on the thing.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: August 30, 2014, 03:08:15 PM »

Sorry to bring this shit back into this thread, but it's just so damn entertaining.

Alright /v/ as a group we've raised over $5000 so what's our custom character going to be?
Just an average female gamer to troll everyone.
All the tards in the media will expect some sort of pedocrap or LOLSORANDOM shit and we will just give them a simple average girl.

http://www.vice.com/read/meet-the-female-gamer-mascot-created-by-anti-feminists-828

http://i.imgur.com/FdqKFwu.jpg

I must say, despite not really representing their cause very well at all, this seems to represent /V/ more than I could possibly imagine. =P

And I just say enough with all the awfulness

So here's a bunch of commenters passionately defending Hello Kitty's identity as a cat.

Kinda reminds me of how I view cartoon animals in general - they're people with animal traits, not animals with people traits.

Of course, I know that's a bit of an odd way to look at things, since anthropomorphy means "non-human given human-like traits", but still...

Unless she's saying she's really a girl wearing a costume this whole time. Then...

So, we're discussing closeted furries now?

I kid of course. I would bang Hello Kitty regardless as to how much people v. animal she is.

Man, something awful has been happening to this thread lately. TGS seriously can't come soon enough. "Save us Japan from our own creepy awfulness with your own!"

You know, I would post "A Cat is Fine Too" meme, except I don't feel like gallivanting through that mine field any time soon. ಠ_ಠ

Code:
/'''\ (Ⓘ.Ⓘ) /'''\

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: September 01, 2014, 10:44:24 AM »

N-not that I care or anything, b-baka!

Buuuut, sorry guys, doesn't sound like Squeenix is terribly confident in bringing 3DS DQ7 over here.
http://tinycartridge.com/post/96310854337/square-enix-doesnt-sound-confident-about-bringing

“In terms of DQVII, it has a lot of text to go through and translate, and we’ve received so many requests and so much positive feedback about the game, but unfortunately, we have to consider the cost and the manpower needed to handle the sheer load of text. In terms of scenario and script, the game is probably one of the largest in the DQ franchise. If a lot of people can buy it and support it… well, we can’t promise anything.

… We’ve gotten a lot of requests, we really want to do it, but right now, we need to hammer out what kind of resources we’d need to do it. We say this a lot, but, we can’t seem to get to the point where it’s justifiable.”

Other announcements:
= Disgaea 5 (PS4)
= Resident Evil Revalaitons 2
= God Eater 2
= A new Gundam game
= Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (PS4/V)
= Fairy Fencer: Dark Advent (PS4/V)
= New Touhou (PS4)
= DQ: Heroes (PS3/4)
= (Other Stuff too, don't have time to post)

Place your bets for what'll make it westward.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:55:39 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: September 01, 2014, 12:09:09 PM »

= (Other Stuff too, don't have time to post)

Or read other threads apparently :P

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: