Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 02:13:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338030 Posts in 13840 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Completion List 2014
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Completion List 2014  (Read 3897 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2014, 10:11:21 PM »

Yay! I finished one!

1. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Haha!...Yeah...
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 12:49:00 AM »

Went through and handily beat FF II for the first time. I'd always heard how terrible it was, but it's just...different. Well worth the play through. Had some interesting dynamics and I don't regret it one bit.

Now I need to figure out whether I want to get on with platinuming FF LR or beat Trails in the Sky, or Radiant Historia.
2014 completion list:

1. Final Fantasy XIII-2
2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
3. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
4. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
5. Final Fantasy II
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 12:11:57 AM »

Aaaaalright! That's the end of Xenoblade! Fantastic game, even if it did get a bit off the rails towards the end.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 12:31:25 PM »

1.   Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble
2.   Everlove
3.   Tiger Eye:  The Sacrifice
4.   Ys:  Oath in Felghana
5.   Brothers:  A Tale of Two Sons
6.   Shadow of Destiny
7.   Metro:  Last Light
8.   Lost Horizon
9.   Botanicula
10. Ys Seven
11. Thief
12. CSI:  Unsolved!
13. The Room
14. Little Inferno
15. Scar of Doll
16. 999 ios version (all endings)
17. The Devil's Attorney
18. The Secret of Chateau de Moreau
19.  The Year Walk
20. Imaginary Range episode 2
21. Black Bar
22. Mirror's  Edge (ios)
23. Fate/Extra
24. Cabin Escape
25. Jacob Jones ep. 1
26. Regency Love
27. Layton Brothers: Mystery Room
28. A New Beginning
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 12:52:54 AM by CluelessWonder » Logged

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2014, 02:47:42 AM »

1. Disgaea 4
2. The Guided Fate Paradox
3. Puzzle Quest 2
4. Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
5. Ys: Memories of Celceta
6. Danganronpa
7. Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God
8. Atelier Escha & Logy
9. The Starship Damrey
10. Attack of the Friday Monsters!
11. The Witch and the Hundred Knight
12. Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call
13. Lost Odyssey
14. Wakedas
15. Magical Starsign

You're probably wondering what that Wakedas thing is, well, it's this nice little puzzle game I found in the 3Ds eShop. Since I ran out of Picross games I wanted to try something a little different and Wakedas turned out to be a good choice. It's like a 2D version of a Rubik's Cube. It starts out fairly simple with 3x3 puzzles, then moves on to 4x4 and later 5x5 while keeping things fresh with special blocks that have multiple colours and/or rotate when moved/can't be moved. The game is very cheap (and even goes on sale sometimes) so it won't cost you much more than a decent game from the appstore.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2014, 12:58:23 AM »

Aaaaalright! That's the end of Xenoblade! Fantastic game, even if it did get a bit off the rails towards the end.

I loved that the RPGFan review made "maybe a little too spoiler-filled" as a con.  Not a deal-breaker, but I did agree that it really went for the GRAND-FINALE ENCOREx10 ending.

I did like the very end though. 

I largely ignore this topic, I shouldn't.  I wish a lot of people would comment on titles though!  Damn so many good games here I wanna hear what peeps thoughts about.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2014, 10:20:03 AM »

That's a great idea! I'll re-post my list after work with a little bit of commentary.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2014, 10:46:54 AM »

1 - Soul Sacrifice
2 - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
3- Tomb Raider(Reboot)
4- Ratchet and Clank 2
5- Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
6- Final Fantasy XIII
7- The Last of Us
8- Final Fantasy XIII-2
9- DanganRonpa - Trigger Happy Havoc
10- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
11- Super Bomberman 4
12- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
13- Golden Axe 2
14- Golden Axe
15- Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD
16- The House of the Dead: Overkill
17- Burial at Sea Episode 2
18- Super Bomberman
19- Dark Souls - Prepare to Die edition

I would do some commentary but I already do that in the Game Journal whenever I finish the games Im playing.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2014, 01:41:05 PM »

I wish a lot of people would comment on titles though!  Damn so many good games here I wanna hear what peeps thoughts about.

Good point. I usually just update my list on the first page, but if anyone wants to know how I felt about a game just let me know.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2014, 07:40:12 PM »

Alright, here we go. List reposted with commentary.

1. Kirby's Return to Dreamland - I'll never outgrow kirby. The games are (somewhat) easy and the gameplay is so basic it could be considered offensive, but there's nothing more relaxing and this is no exception.

2. Eternal Sonata - Probably shouldn't even by on my list because I've beaten it before, but I didn't remember much about it. Love it to death still, stupid plot and broken characters (*cough*Serenade*cough*) too.

3. Bejeweled 3 (all badges and cheevos) - It's Bejeweled. I happen to like the game, and the different game modes in this one were all awesome in their own way.

4. Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded - I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The game was certainly bad, but it wasn't the unplayable mess that people seemed to make it out to be.

5. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - I've said a lot about this in other areas of the forum, but I'll reiterate that I found the game needlessly difficult, was not at all happy with the 'stat increases as quest rewards" system, and thought the very end was pretty dumb. Yet I found the game pretty good despite all of that.

6. inFamous - I really love the story of this game. I feel like if one game could get a good movie (IN THE RIGHT HANDS) it would be this one. Plenty of good, well-developed characters and villains, a mind-bending plot twist, and just the right amount of content to reduce it down to 2 hours without losing much of anything. Although I guess it would just be Chronicle.

7. Tales of Xillia - Again, I've already said a lot about my feelings on this one in the Tales thread. I would like to reiterate that by the end I realized I didn't dislike it as much as when I first started playing it.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2014, 09:03:26 PM »

Totally agree with you about the first Infamous Klutz! Still my favorite of the series because of that mind bending plot twist you mentioned. I remember my jaw dropping when I beat it the first time. The quality of those games has actually gone down each installment honestly.

Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2014, 09:56:08 PM »

It probably speaks to my tastes and preferences to say this, but I thought that inFamous 2 was much better than the first one (which was also really good).  The more textured city, the more diverse, interesting powers, the improvements to fast-travel systems, and the increased variety of enemies put it way over the top for me.  And hey, I thought the story in inFamous 2 is really good!  The twist with The Beast was a little out there, but Zeke really came into his own as the most interesting character in the whole series.  Whether you go for the good or evil endings. 

As to making commentary on this thread... I'm good.  Every time I beat a game I write a review on my blog and then add to the list here.  I'll just keep doing that. 

Games Beaten: 2014 Edition
1. Ys Seven
2. Rayman Origins
3. Assassin's Creed II
4. Dust: An Elysian Tail
5. The Walking Dead (season one)
6. Frog Fractions
7. Mortal Kombat (2011)
8. Digital Devil Saga

Hmm, I'm a little behind....

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2014, 01:18:32 PM »

InFamous 2 was also really good I agree. There's definitely improvements gameplay wise all over the place, but I just preferred the first one slightly. The story to both are great. Second Son was a little repetitive and short and the story wasn't as good as the others.

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2014, 02:52:53 PM »

Went through and handily beat FF II for the first time. I'd always heard how terrible it was, but it's just...different. Well worth the play through. Had some interesting dynamics and I don't regret it one bit.

Now I need to figure out whether I want to get on with platinuming FF LR or beat Trails in the Sky, or Radiant Historia.
2014 completion list:

1. Final Fantasy XIII-2
2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
3. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
4. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
5. Final Fantasy II

So I'll weigh in a bit more on how I felt about the games I beat this year.

FFXIII-2 - To be honest, I bought it on release day, and never played it until about a month before Lightning Returns came out. I felt it fixed a lot of the issues with XIII (but I am in the minority camp that actually likes XIII). The characters grew on me, and I thoroughly enjoyed the ending. The fights were a blast, and it the game was pretty straight forward.

LR FFXII - I'll come out and say it, I love this game and what it did. I totally dig Lightning's character, and while I get the complaints about the "time limit", I thought that if you felt there wasn't enough time, then the game design had its intended effect. I had an absolute blast with the combat system, and while I felt customization was there for customization sake, you more or less relied on only a handful of schemata. Overall, I felt it was an appropriate cap on the XIII trilogy and tied mostly everything up quite nicely.

Dead Nation: Apocalypse edition - Played couch co-op with my brother and it was a nice little way to pass the time. Played on the hard setting, and genuinely had fun as it was a challenge. My only grip is that it has trophy glitches if you aren't going to play it all in one sitting. I missed out on a number of trophies that way for sure.

Diablo 3 ROS - Felt like what Diablo 3 should have been. It is what it is.

Final Fantasy II - Played the PSP edition. I've never really given this game a real shot, but after catching a few minutes on twitch, it had its hooks into me. Blasted through this game, and had a genuine good time with it. A lot of the things it did, or tried to do don't seem to far out of place with modern game design, and the PSP version cleaned up a lot of the issues the original NES version had (or so I'm told). Great game, and it definitely took me by surprise.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2014, 10:39:20 AM »

1 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (18 hours)
2 - Mass Effect 3 (54 hours)
3 - Bravely Default (60 hours)
4 - Final Fantasy X HD Remaster (127 hours)
5 - inFamous Second Son (10-15 hours)

Finally got the platinum for FFX HD after 127 hours. It got exhausting after awhile grinding to finish off all of the characters sphere grids, but obviously I loved it to death. Everything I wanted in an HD update, minus being able to skip scenes.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:40:56 AM by Blace » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: