Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 03:05:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341037 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Gears of War
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Gears of War  (Read 3304 times)
phan1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 05:33:57 AM »

The graphics in this game are AMAZING!  Honestly, I think the 360 could very well end up having better graphics than the PS3, a system that is $200 more!  I think I'll go rant about this right now...

I've heard people say "wait until the 2nd generation of PS3 games come out ect."  Hey guys, we've already seen Sony's 2nd generation games!  We've seen MGS and Devil May Cry 4 already, and do they look better than GofW?  NO!  Do they even look better than Capcom's Lost Planet?  NO!  And at the moment, the Blue Ray looks like it has less to do with making video games and more to do with Sony trying to establish Blue Ray as the future of video.  And now that Assassin's Creed is coming to both systems, word is that the 360 version is looking a little better right now.  hhmmmm...

And no, I'm not a blatant PS3 hater (don't own the 360 either actually).  I can't wait to get my hands on MGS and the next FF games.  I'm more of a "I can't believe how Sony could F* up so bad again!" type of guy.  Didn't they learn anything from the shortcomings of the PS2?  The "it's a computer entertainment system" just didn't happen,  and it's not going to happen this time around either.  Plus, the PS2 was hard to develope for, especially in the early going.  Did they make it any easier this time around?  NO!  And sacrificing rumble for the "sixaxis" concept?  Totally Wii-tarted (yeah, I stole that line somewhere).   They totally repeated ALL of the mistakes that Sony made with the PS2!  HOW DUMB CAN YOU BE?!?  Even Microsoft is smart enough to say, "hey, we lost a lof of money on the original Xbox, let's not do that again."

I'll admit I'm going to get a PS3 to buy games like MGS and FFXIII, but I can't deny that Sony is a really crappy company that's got its head way to far up its own butt.  They've been living off the reputation of the original PSX for way too long.  I really wish there was someone that could give them a swift kick in the balls (like what the PSX did to the Saturn), but it doesn't look like anyone can.  Nintendo is clearly doing their own thing, and I can't shake the feeling that most Japanese developers will never embrace an American system by Microsoft of all people.  Sony, You want me to spend $600 on a console that can't even produce graphics on par with the 360?  That's F'n ridiculous!  I hate you Sony!
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 07:30:16 AM »

...then don't buy it. If you hate Sony that much, and begrudge paying more for a console that you think has sub-par graphics, then don't give them your money. What's the point in saying all that, and then saying 'but I'm gonna buy it anyway'?

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 12:49:47 PM »

Quote from: "phan1"
I've heard people say "wait until the 2nd generation of PS3 games come out ect."  Hey guys, we've already seen Sony's 2nd generation games!  We've seen MGS and Devil May Cry 4 already, and do they look better than GofW?  NO!  Do they even look better than Capcom's Lost Planet?  NO!

... I'd still wait. None of those games are complete, and more importantly there's the direct comparison of UE3 games that has to be done still. Plus the PS3 can play blu-ray movies, so to do the equivalent with the X360 would cost... $500-$600. Whether those are even worth bothering with (I hear upscaled DVDs are near indistinguishable from proper HD movies) is another story.

Personally, I'd say I like the art style of something like White Knight more anyway, although GoW is vastly superior to any of id's games in that regard. :P
blaq

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 12:06:31 PM »

I've been playing it off and on since my wife got it for my birthday a few weeks ago.  I've been sneaking in tidbits of gameplay in between FFXII marathons.

I have to say, when I read about this game, I was immediately drawn to it because it claimed to right everything I thought was wrong with Halo2.  I always hated that Halo has no solid tactics other than Run & Gun offense and Defense.  

At first, GoW was a bit frustrating to get used to.  But once I did, LAWD JESUS I started enjoying it.  Once you get the hang of the controls and concept of the game it is a great deal of fun.  

I agree with everluck's "Co-Op" comment.  I had great fun playing co-op until 3am the night of my birthday party with my main man in San Diego.  And we played VS mode last weekend and REALLY enjoyed it.

I say check it out.  It was worth my money.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: