Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 11:27:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338023 Posts in 13840 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mistwalker???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Mistwalker???  (Read 1613 times)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 21, 2014, 04:14:30 PM »

Anyone know where MistWalker have been since the release of The Last Story? They no longer update their Twitter account, no signs of life anywhere else. I'm truly wondering what's happening to them

Who had guessed someday the creator of Final Fantasy would strive to survive... :(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:48:46 PM by blackthirteen » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:06:11 PM »

The last thing I remember is a surfing game for iOS. That probably isn't very reassuring.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »

Yeah, pretty sure they're making iOS games now. 

I'm not a fan of Mistwalker, but it's a bit sad how everyone is turning to phones.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 09:34:24 AM »

Still, Hironobu Sakaguchi used to be a legend, it's hard to believe he has become a has-been.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 10:18:07 AM »

Hmm, maybe Second Last Story will come out for the WiiU

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 01:28:11 PM »

Nah, the next game will obviously be called Closing Chronicles or perhaps Ultimate Saga. If it's the latter one, King will try to sue their pants off, which might be more entertaining than the game itself.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 04:08:24 PM »

Nah, the next game will obviously be called Closing Chronicles or perhaps Ultimate Saga. If it's the latter one, King will try to sue their pants off, which might be more entertaining than the game itself.

Let's hope King won't sue Stephen King and ask him to change his name due to brand conflict.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »

There goes my idea of making "Candy King Saga"
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »

They're as alive as the Mana series.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 10:03:31 PM »

They're as alive as the Mana series.

What, they can comeback as a zombie or something like that?
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 10:17:58 PM »

Let's hope King won't sue Stephen King and ask him to change his name due to brand conflict.

While we're in the middle of talking about nothing and joking around: Blossomsoft, I love all the stuff YOU guys at least got going on!

EDIT: typos, wrote that on phone
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:19:35 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 12:20:40 AM »

While we're in the middle of talking about nothing and joking around: Blssomsoft, I love all the stuff YOU'VE guys at least got going on!

Yeah. I thought someone would tell something about Mistwalker. Lost Odyssey and the Last Story were pretty good, I hoped to play another RPG from them.

Blssomsoft, I love all the stuff YOU'VE guys at least got going on!

Thanks a lot! I'm trying to survive this new age of technology. Everything change so fast. Seeing developers like Mistwalker and Nintendo in trouble don't make me feel safe haha
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 07:24:29 PM »

not to further derail the topic but I must say I feel like a fool right now...

@ Blackthirteen- I have been coming to this site for a LONG time and somehow Eternal Eden escaped me. I just looked into it and it looks AMAZING. I am really stoked to get to this game in the not so distant future.

@ Dice- Thanks for bringing my attention to the title with your exclamatory remark about Blossomsoft's work.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 04:38:46 AM »

secret advertising topic
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 04:29:31 PM »

@ Blackthirteen- I have been coming to this site for a LONG time and somehow Eternal Eden escaped me. I just looked into it and it looks AMAZING. I am really stoked to get to this game in the not so distant future.

Thank you very much for your kind words :D

secret advertising topic

Sorry, it wasn't my intention. I'm sincerely interested to know what happened to MistWalker, I didn't predict the thread would become kind of weird (haha).

I asked the same question on Facebook, here are some friends' replies:

"ive got Mr. Sakaguchi listed on my friend list on Facebook and according to his notes, he just travels around the world from hawaii to Japan and from there to ...well anywhere ...No sings about his new games since they released Party Wave ... his profile, https://www.facebook.com/hironobu.sakaguchi?fref=ts "

"Hironobu Sakaguchi has no current projects. They wanted to do some iOS games in 2013, not sure if they are still doing that. Somebody asked The Last Story composer Nobuo Uemats if he knew anything, in July 2013 he said they were talking a lot, but that's all I know so far"

That would be amazing if RPGFan write an article on this subject. Hironobu Sakaguchi is after all the grandfather of jRPGs.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:31:23 PM by blackthirteen » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: