Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2016, 04:54:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
248214 Posts in 7439 Topics by 2389 Members
Latest Member: FenixDrakken
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Front Mission: Five Years Later
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Front Mission: Five Years Later  (Read 1251 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2015, 07:59:38 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/rumor-new-front-mission-development-square-enix-japan

You know, of all the abandoned Square series to revisit, I wasn't expecting this one back. Especially after that Evolved game from 5 years ago.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil
Loathed by Six Heretics
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 09:53:53 AM »

The little I'm aware and seen of Front Mission, aside from the research I did out of curiosity of the series a few times, is that Evolved is for the most part Front Mission in name only and Front Mission 2089 and 2089-II were the ones that took place in the main series after FM5: Scars of War.

So, those years the article claims are not entirely accurate.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 12:43:27 PM »

The little I'm aware and seen of Front Mission, aside from the research I did out of curiosity of the series a few times, is that Evolved is for the most part Front Mission in name only and Front Mission 2089 and 2089-II were the ones that took place in the main series after FM5: Scars of War.

The article said console releases specifically, 2089 I and II were DS games.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 04:18:53 PM »

And ones that we didn't even get.

But yeah. The series' track record over the last decade has not been great. Then again, outside of FM3, 4,The 1st DS and Evolved we really haven't seen all that much of the series in general.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 04:25:46 PM »

Word on the street is that FM5 is as solid as FM3 in terms of gameplay (which, IMO, was some solid SRPG action up in here), but with stronger plot, characters, etc.

Kind of frustrating that we did get FM4 (which was kinda weak) but didn't get FM5.

Frankly, a true FM6 would be exciting. And having guys from Armored Core working on a game could be cool ... though that also makes me think it won't be a traditional entry in the series.

Yggdrasil
Loathed by Six Heretics
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 04:58:44 PM »

Making distinctions by platforms is weak IMO but I do get why they went with that logic.

Also, 2089-II is on DS? I only saw it on mobiles.

Frankly, a true FM6 would be exciting. And having guys from Armored Core working on a game could be cool ... though that also makes me think it won't be a traditional entry in the series.

You mean like, FromSoftware collaborating with SQEX? That sounds extremely bizzare and I don't know if that ever happened before. It is an interesting idea either way.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: