Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 02:37:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340874 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Klyde Chroma's Contest: The Sequel!! DON'T MISS OUT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Klyde Chroma's Contest: The Sequel!! DON'T MISS OUT  (Read 2096 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 03:56:18 AM »

How about a bow, related to Diana/Artemis, or a fleur de lis, which is associated with Joan of Arc.

Or thanks to randomly hunting through Wikipedia, maybe a deer or a bird for Itzpapalotl, Aztec warrior goddess.

AND TOOK WINS IT!!!!

The correct answer is the Fleur De Lis!! It is real late.... I just got done tattooing for a long time and need some Vesperia in my life before I call it a day. Come tomorrow I will elaborate more on why I adore Joan/Jeanne, the Maid of Orleans, as much as I do. Forgive what will presumably be a double post but I was far too eager to wait to announce that we have our WINNER!!!!!

Congratulations again Sir Tooker. PM me wherever it is you want me to send your prize.

This was fun for me. I think after my next batch of sculpts I may do it again if no one is opposed to the notion.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2014, 06:22:27 AM »

I enjoyed just watching this. :)

I'm not sure if your model was based on something, but it feels like it should be a Persona enemy to me.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2014, 01:39:25 PM »

Score!  I can't believe it wasn't Itzpapalotl, though... ;)  It's a cool little sculpture, glad I won.

Did you ever play the PSP game Jean D'Arc?  I'd be curious to hear what you thought as a fan of the real lady.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »

And double post for very amateurly taken pics of my Green Lantern ring.  Just links because they're big photos.  It's a little scratched and dinged from years of wearing.  I should take it in and have it cleaned up some.  The stone's a tourmaline - not valuable, just the right color.  I wear it on my middle finger, which hopefully gives you an idea of scale.

Front of the ring.

From the side.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2014, 03:13:23 PM »

I certainly had fun with this too.  And it's interesting all the intellectual responses we got, like I actually learned something. 

Klyde- if you ever do the Griever ring on one of your fingers, ya'd better share pics. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2014, 04:20:51 PM »

I enjoyed just watching this. :)

I'm not sure if your model was based on something, but it feels like it should be a Persona enemy to me.

Nope not based on anything. Though I totally agree. Maybe playing SMT titles for a cumulative 150-200 hours last year influenced me creatively without my realizing it-LoL

Score!  I can't believe it wasn't Itzpapalotl, though... ;)  It's a cool little sculpture, glad I won.

Did you ever play the PSP game Jean D'Arc?  I'd be curious to hear what you thought as a fan of the real lady.

I played through most of the game before losing my data/losing my SD card. I am actually torn on my opinion of it. As a SRPG I loved it. As a fan of Joan though I must say the game missed the mark for me. The core legend/tale of Joan is there and the fairy-tale-take on it is cool, it is just Joan as a character that I felt was a little (or a lot) off.

But to be perfectly honest, when it comes to Joan of Arc I don't feel any representation could really do her justice in my mind. It is hard to recount the tale of the lady without portraying her in a way that paints the picture of a crazy or war-driven character. While no one knows for certain, I really don't feel that was the case.

And double post for very amateurly taken pics of my Green Lantern ring.  Just links because they're big photos.  It's a little scratched and dinged from years of wearing.  I should take it in and have it cleaned up some.  The stone's a tourmaline - not valuable, just the right color.  I wear it on my middle finger, which hopefully gives you an idea of scale.

Front of the ring.

From the side.
I certainly had fun with this too.  And it's interesting all the intellectual responses we got, like I actually learned something.  

Klyde- if you ever do the Griever ring on one of your fingers, ya'd better share pics.  

That lantern ring is AWESOME! Waaay more classy than I imagined it looking. Very nice.

And as for the griever, there is strong possibility of that happening and you guys will certainly see it if it does.

Now, as for Joan/Jeanne and me and why I chose to commemorate her in such a permanent fashion...

Its as simple as this. Jeanne D' Arc is the absolute zenith/pinnacle illustration of the utility of faith to the human condition in my mind.

I grew up with no religious background.

I didn't "find God" in a conventional christian sense.

I did however eventually discover the story of a lady who's profound faith enabled her to far exceed the capabilities and ambitions of those around her. The aspects of her life that cannot be denied as anything other than entirely factual make it difficult to deny the strength one can foster when they are doing what they believe is their purpose. Doing the right thing, for the right reasons.... This is essentially what Jeanne means to me.

- At the age of 16 she was able to take up a sword with no combat training and proceeded to conquer one of the strongest known armies in the world to free her people at what she believed was God's behest.

That fact alone, amongst the many other remarkable aspects of her tale, illustrated to me the importance of faith itself. All of the sudden God and faith became something more important to me than a fleeting intellectual curiosity and something I really cared to understand and include in my life.

I went on to read/watch just about everything I could about Jeanne and now find her story to be one of the most compelling historical events in human history. A story that goes overlooked and under-appreciated by my measure.

I could expand on all of this but you get the point.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2014, 05:06:58 PM »

Now I'm more interested to read about Jeanne, but I have no idea where to start.  All I know is what I learned superficially.  Are there any books in particular that you'd recommend that illustrate her story the way it speaks to your heart so profoundly? 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2014, 07:22:26 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0975265628?tag=maofhethstofs-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0975265628&adid=0KCQ6QHZ97JJZXEWA5FJ&
Maid of Heaven: The Story of Saint Joan of Arc
by Ben D. Kennedy

Extremely well-regarded amongst fans of Joan in spite of the fact that its expressed via poem. I must admit recalling being a bit thrown by the simplistic poem structure of the writing myself at first. Not by any means a bad read though.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0812812603?tag=maofhethstofs-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0812812603&adid=07N994V47X8SWFQQS1DZ&
Joan of Arc: By Herself and Her Witnesses
by Régine Pernoud

Cool because its an almost entirely factual and objective read. Comprised of translated historical documents and facts.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0898702682?tag=maofhethstofs-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0898702682&adid=1S5ZCZPSN874NY2WCEDY&
Joan of Arc Paperback
by Mark Twain

Fictionalized account of Joan but extremely accurate historically. This is considered by many to be the go to book about Joan. Twain supposedly spent 12 years researching her to write this.

Beyond those there are some REALLY neat books that examine the whole faith and spirituality aspect, long before they concern themselves with historical fact. But those reads would probably prove a wee bit more interesting after familiarizing yourself with Joan's story.

There are also great films about the lovely lady.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EU1OXI?tag=maofhethstofs-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B000EU1OXI&adid=1753Y4CDBG992ZVP54PX&
Joan of Arc - Child of War, Soldier of God

Not the most incredible cinema but it does a decent job as a good overview of Saint Joan's story.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001UZWMU?tag=maofhethstofs-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B0001UZWMU&adid=18A0S915EGW1089T0BY8&
Joan of Arc (1948)

^^ just discovered this one recently actually and haven't got to watch it yet, but it came highly suggested to me.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2014, 10:28:15 PM »

Klyde, I wanted that damn sculpt!!!!! BUt I am also very happy with the links about Joan of Arc, honestly been fascinated since I finished the game

Everything's Eventual
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2014, 05:22:01 PM »

Klyde, I wanted that damn sculpt!!!!! BUt I am also very happy with the links about Joan of Arc, honestly been fascinated since I finished the game

Fret not Bytor ol' buddy! I will another contest soon. Probably by the end of next week or the following so keep your eyes peeled.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: