Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 02:25:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329308 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Tomorrow ps4 JRPG announcement (2nd update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Tomorrow ps4 JRPG announcement (2nd update)  (Read 912 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 08:12:58 PM »

Goddammit guys I get the pun you're making and it totally doesn't work. Maybe if the game's acronym was like ThRoBBinG CoC:KS or something sure but not TitS.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »

How about a steamy MTBMMCAHANIHTDWAGSAADBWWMIAB ?
(real game name acronym)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 08:54:33 PM »

Or a nice wet CStW:SHECEADDXPAFESHD-PEGotYCE(wA)?  (that's also a real acronym, minus the question mark.)

But seriously, I'm starting to doubt it's Ys, because the figure we see lacks a shield.  New Dragon Slayer makes sense, though. 

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 09:03:23 PM »

It's Ys undoubtedly, they mentioned something that is key!

"Falcom also shared new artworks for its mystery project teased last month. It is an action RPG. One of the descriptions in the character creation materials shown during the stream mention “A peddler returning from Altago,” suggesting the game is Ys-related (Altago is a region in Ys Seven)."

Edit: It might not be the PS4 JRPG but an Ys game is most indubitably in development.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:05:34 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 09:28:32 PM »

It's Ys undoubtedly, they mentioned something that is key!

"Falcom also shared new artworks for its mystery project teased last month. It is an action RPG. One of the descriptions in the character creation materials shown during the stream mention A peddler returning from Altago, suggesting the game is Ys-related (Altago is a region in Ys Seven)."

Edit: It might not be the PS4 JRPG but an Ys game is most indubitably in development.

They name drop Romn in TitS so there's no guarantee that it'll be Ys related (although that particular case may be a liberty taken with the localization, I've noticed a few inconsistencies over the course of the game like one of the caretakers of the Moonlight Inn named Limon being referred to as a male despite the female sprite (also I suspect that her name was also supposed to come out as Lemon given that the other proprietor is named Apple), and Kloe's S-Break is listed on her status screen as Radiant Plash (which admittedly, is a typo)).

Alternatively, it could be a Ys spin-off, a proper make of Ys V, or Ys VIII (its been since 2009 since Ys VII came out).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 11:05:18 PM »

I'm not sure what I want more: an Ys V remake, an Ys VIII, or an Ys Zero about the very beginning of Adol's journey.  Any of those sound dandy.  And I would prefer that it take place on PS4 with Vita cross-play, but really I don't care as long as they keep making more Ys.  I've beaten six Ys games in the past four months.  I'm slightly obsessed. 

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 04:16:04 PM »

I'm not sure what I want more: an Ys V remake, an Ys VIII, or an Ys Zero about the very beginning of Adol's journey.  Any of those sound dandy.  And I would prefer that it take place on PS4 with Vita cross-play, but really I don't care as long as they keep making more Ys.  I've beaten six Ys games in the past four months.  I'm slightly obsessed. 

The beginning of Adol's Journey is reaching the land where Ys I happens, it's already covered. he got a boat on some village and then got caught up in the storm wall and ended up washing ashore Esteria. He left his birthplace when he was 16 and he was still 16 when Ys I and II happened, it was his first adventure.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 04:17:49 PM »

The beginning of Adol's Journey is reaching the land where Ys I happens, it's already covered. he got a boat on some village and then got caught up in the storm wall and ended up washing ashore Esteria. He left his birthplace when he was 16 and he was still 16 when Ys I and II happened, it was his first adventure.
So what was that "some village?" Literally nothing adventurous happened to him when he was 14 or 15?  I think there is room for a game in there, but I won't be heartbroken if it never happens.  Ys 8 is the most logical next Ys anyhow. 

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 06:14:08 PM »

So what was that "some village?" Literally nothing adventurous happened to him when he was 14 or 15?  I think there is room for a game in there, but I won't be heartbroken if it never happens.  Ys 8 is the most logical next Ys anyhow. 

You still havent played Celceta right? Nothing noteworthy happened to him before Esteria, that was his first adventure and it is recognized as such in the Ys canon.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: