Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 10:56:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337993 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Wii
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Wii  (Read 8465 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« on: November 09, 2006, 02:09:58 PM »

We dont have one singular topic about the Wii Console or any of the other consoles right now....and since the PS3 and the Wii are both right around the corner I thought we should have just one thread.

Anyhoo...just ran across this news bit on IGN.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744751p1.html

Updated early 2007 Virtual Console list? SEXY...I have been craving fucking Super Metroid for like two years.

Edit: Oh and I guess GameStop/EB is going to cash in on the people made of fucking money:

$699 Bundle

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 03:19:11 PM »

I an happy to see the VC getting alot of love. I loved playing Kid Icarus when I was younger, so I would plow through that one again. Same thing goes for Super Mario RPG. I am wondering if Square or Capcom or any of the other major RPG players will support the VC. I would love to have most of my collection playable on that machine in my living room on my nice TV.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 03:32:04 PM »

Super Mario RPG? Yes please.

Starfox 64? Totally!

Super Metroid? FUCK YES!

I'll be getting a Wii with my tax refund for sure then :D
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
Wii
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 05:08:53 PM »

Still no Earthbound, but at least it has Super Mario RPG. And assuming Mario Brothers = Super Mario Bros., thank god. I was expecting that at launch and /really/ wanted to replay it again.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 06:06:46 PM »

SUPER FUCKING METROID.

Dade, I have also been wanting to play the game again for fucking ages.  Man, I remember calling in sick for, like, a week back when I was in grade 10, just to play Super Metroid.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 10:49:24 PM »

If Super Mario RPG made it to Virtual Console, then I suspect loads of other past Square Enix games will make the leap to the digital service - such as, Secret of Evermore, Secret of Mana, and even Seiken Densetsu 3. I have a good feeling EarthBound will be available over time. This is an excellent opportunity for companies such as Square Enix to make full use of their old catalog of games.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 12:04:54 AM »

Quote from: "Miho"
This is an excellent opportunity for companies such as Square Enix to make full use of their old catalog of games.

Totally.....why spend money remaking games and porting them over to discs when they can just port the data over and release old ass games to the public that never got a chance.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 11:02:51 AM »

I'm still trying to pre-order a Wii online. I can't work out if they haven't become available yet, or if I'm just too late and they're all sold out!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 01:45:14 PM »

This is far out there, but who else would love to see tranlated games that missed the america boat make it on to the VC. Eliminating physical disks and so forth might be enough incentive to sort of let a few low-key titles slip out.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 02:04:03 PM »

Quote from: "Takezo"
This is far out there, but who else would love to see tranlated games that missed the america boat make it on to the VC. Eliminating physical disks and so forth might be enough incentive to sort of let a few low-key titles slip out.

Terranigma, anyone?

SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 10:27:31 PM »

The Wii is currently the only next-generation system that I'm considering buying. The PS3 will be too expensive, and the Xbox 360's games just don't appeal to me so much. Not that the Wii looks like it has too many great games coming out, but between all the PS2 games I still haven't gotten around to playing, my new PC when I get it, and the Wii + its Virtual Console (I never owned a GameCube, N64 or SNES), I think I should have enough games to keep me entertained for a good while.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
Wii
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 10:29:31 PM »

Note: You'll need a GC pad and memory card to play the GC games, classic controller won't work and there's no emulation of cards ala the PS3. Still beats buying a GC alongside that Wii though.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
Wii
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 10:41:29 PM »

My EB got its Wii interactive today.  Unfortunately, the rep has to come buy and activate it.... and give us controllers.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 07:00:26 AM »

We have had our Wii interactive since last Thursday, and we got our PS3 on Monday.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 12:51:55 AM »

The Wii display at my store isn't playable. I want to play it.

Anyway, my store received our launch Wiis today and we have twenty-six of them in our electronics stockroom. We have six PS3s.

The Wii is tempting me considering I could easily get one, but I'm going to wait until next year and buy it with my tax refund.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: