Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 01:22:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329761 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Wii
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Wii  (Read 8273 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 01:01:28 AM »

Wii Bowling is the first game everyone needs to play. Played it for the first time yesterday and....wowza.

So much fun.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
Wii
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 02:25:04 AM »

Been playing Excitetruck on the interactive at work.  Not horribly impressed by that particular title, but I can't wait to take home Trauma Center.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 01:15:01 PM »

I'm in the same boat with ya, Johnno. It feels....underdeveloped.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
Wii
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 01:20:39 PM »

It should be interesting to see how I fare with Wii Bowling - you see, I play Silver Strike Bowling on a very regular basis at my local bar, and have about 20 of the top 100 slots (including my 287 game); we'll see if it's quite as good.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 01:51:47 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
It should be interesting to see how I fare with Wii Bowling - you see, I play Silver Strike Bowling on a very regular basis at my local bar, and have about 20 of the top 100 slots (including my 287 game); we'll see if it's quite as good.

I'm the same, only with Golden Tee. I play that about every night, my work is selling the machine, so I play it (free play, the coin door is deactivated) on my breaks. I'm getting better, though we've only had it a month, I got a hole in one the other day.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 10:51:46 PM »

Quote from: "Takezo"
This is far out there, but who else would love to see tranlated games that missed the america boat make it on to the VC. Eliminating physical disks and so forth might be enough incentive to sort of let a few low-key titles slip out.

Sadly Japanese developers tend to throw away code when a game is done.  Since I bet most of these games codebase has long been canned, it might not be worth their while(unless they consider hiring rom hackers which they never do).  So this might be highly unlikely.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
Wii
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 04:17:47 AM »

If nothing else, we can hope for Mother 1. I doubt it's aged well at all, but that's fully in English already, and Nintendo apparently has no problems hacking in new Copyright screens, or whatever they did for Zelda, so a new title screen should be easy enough too.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
Wii
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 06:40:25 PM »

Yeah, seems GameCrazy only had /5/ Wiis, and I was... 6th. I'll get it later this week, but I'm really bummed out since I called Friday and told that I was guaranteed one. Going to call Tuesday and Wednesday, and see if they get it in then. But hey, thanks to Circuit City's $5 off all accessories $20 and above, I got an extra Wii Remote at Circuit City, and, in getting 3 Wii point cards, paid $45 for $60!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 07:48:36 PM »

You went to the wrong place, Eus. My store ended up having forty-two systems available at launch.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
Wii
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 08:15:50 PM »

I went to a bunch of stores afterwards (Went at opening), and all the places were out, unless they were selling pre-orders. Fucking campers.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 11:03:32 PM »

My local Target had two hundred fucking ten. And ALL were sold out the day before launch. They gave away tickets before midnight when they were supposed to (and when I actually went).

Man, fuck console launches. This is discouraging me from purchasing the damn thing. I'll just get the Gamecube version of Zelda then.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
Wii
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 11:05:24 PM »

I'm kinda hoping the shipments are kept more or less a mystery for when they'll come in - it'll give everyone a chance, rather than just the campers who asked off or whatever, and don't mind spending /days/ outside a store for a single system.
GhaleonOne

GhaleonOne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 11:42:46 PM »

I got really lucky. I slept in and almost gave up on trying to get one this morning. Instead, I tried a different approach and called all the small towns in the area. A small WalMart out in rural eastern Kansas had only sold 4 of their 20 systems. (at 11AM, when they opened at 7AM) It was about an hour and a half drive, but considering how long people stood in lines, that's not bad at all. And at least I wasn't freezing my nads off outside Best Buy or Target. Others must have caught on though. When I got there, I got the 15th system. Only 4 left, and someone was driving in from St. Louis for one (a 4-5 hour drive from there). I doubt (s)he got there in time.

Pretty fun so far, but I haven't had enough time to sit down with it. Just tried out all of the sports except boxing. I have a feeling it's going to be pretty addicting. I'll try out Zelda for a bit later tonight.

-G1
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2006, 11:50:29 PM »

I decided to camp out from Saturday morning to the Sunday launch with some of my buds at our local Target with no intention of getting the Wii in the first place, but I ended up snagging one in hopes of getting a few extra bucks for it off of eBay.
But now I feel like such an ass about it, because the Wii is just too fucking cool :P
We occationally skipped over to the Gamestop next door to play the Excite Truck demo, and even though it's not the greatest thing in the world, I really liked it (at least the controlling aspect of it).
And I don't even like racing games.

If the whole eBay thing doesn't work out, then I might just keep it.

Anyway, it seems that Target was the place to go. We were first in line, but our store had a total of 120 systems, and an assload of games.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 12:07:33 AM »

I preordered mine, but despite that, I still winded up waiting in a huge line. The guys at Nintendo World were letting those who pre-ordered into the store (the ones closest to it), since there were a mix of those who pre-ordered and those who don't. When my brother and I got inside, another line is forged and there were still many people, so all I can do is play the waiting game.

Was at the line at 9:15am or so. And about close to 1pm, I finally got the Wii along with..

-Zelda: Twilight Princess (no surprise :P)
-Super Monkey Ball (since Metal Slug Anthology got delayed and I am a fan of quirky games)
-Trauma Center: Second Opinion (beat the DS one over a year ago)
-$20 virtual console card
-Classic Controller
-Got free plushies too!

Was freezing, but had some fun. Defanitely worth it thus far. It is currently the only console I own among this new generation.

As for the amount of copies my store has, theres a mountain of piles being stocked up, along with a huge amount of games and extra controllers, accesories and such avalible, so there was enough for everyone.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: