Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 10:21:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319283 Posts in 13036 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Wii
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Wii  (Read 8057 times)
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2006, 12:21:46 AM »

Amazingly, my Costco was selling them!

I wish I kinda knew that. By the time I got there the line was too long and there was no way in hell I was getting one.

:( Alas.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 10:33:30 PM »

Hey guys if you're receiving any odd error codes when trying to update your firmware on the Wii Console......call me up.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 03:37:43 AM »

I had preordered mine at Toys R US, and picked it up with little wait time, and no hassle. I bought Zelda Twilight Princess along with the console. The next day, I picked up my preorders for Red Steel and Excite Truck at a GameStop store.

So far, I've played around with Wii Sports. Tennis seemed to be the most fluid, easy-to-try game. I didn't much care for the golf and bowling games. Boxing was pretty neat. Afterwards, I popped in Zelda, but only put in about a half hour's worth of game time. From what I've played, it looks like it's going to be an incredible adventure.

As of now, I have a weak set up, regarding my TV and the stand its on, so the Wii is back in its box. I think I'll just set it back up on what I have to work with, and just set the motion sensor device on the ground, and set the Wii on top of my TV. There's an option where you have this choice - that is, if you want the motion sensor device above or below your TV.

I'm looking forward in playing Red Steel and Excite Truck.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 04:27:46 AM »

I'm currently sitting on Amazon UK clicking refresh every two seconds, because IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AVAILABLE FOR ORDER HALF AN HOUR AGO.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 09:34:29 AM »

I got lucky too.

I work at Sam's Club on the night crew, and we got seven, so when I got out of work at about 6 I popped in the line of two people. I was sure I was going to get one. So after getting a blanket and a book, I got cozy for the 3 hour wait. About 45 minutes in, my manager tells me that I can't buy one, since i'm an employee. He then made some story about how the pallet came with instructions to make all employees wait a day after launch to buy. Which i'm not sure was true, but I figure that I got there and planned on waiting in line, what's the problem if i'm an employee or not, I don't have an unfair advantage.

So, I left and decided what the hell, i'll check out Toy's R US, as the local best buy had a line around the building. I found a line of about 15 people and decided that I had nothing better to do (other than sleep), what the hell, i'll try. The lady came out and I was number 16 out of 30 to get a Wii.

I've put about 6 hours into Zelda and I can say after the first dungeon, that it's looking up to be the best Zelda yet (from what I played). I also made about 20 Mii's, for all my friends (plus I made a Kim Jong Ill). I can tell already Nintendo hit the mark with this one, even the Browser is fun (The channels I mean). I had about 7 people sitting around laughing and yelling about the Mii's I was making for them. Overall, the console is nothing but fun.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 11:40:42 AM »

I got lucky and didn't have to wait in line either.  Apparently the store I went to didn't get the shipment in yet but knew how many they were getting and did the whole ticket thing for those who got there early.  Well when it did get in that afternoon, an employee just took them out onto the floor for anyone where I and 3 other people secured possession of them before they realized their mistake.  Muhahahaha.

Wii Tennis is a lot of fun.  I picked up Trauma Center but have yet to play that.  Zelda was sold out everywhere here.

Edited to add:  I played Wii bowling too.  It's funny but I bowl in the game just as I do in real life.  I always twist my wrist so the ball hooks left.  So basically I still suck at bowling.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 04:15:32 PM »

I managed to pre-order my Wii on Amazon, so I should get it on release day, or shortly thereafter.

I was quite lucky to get one it seems. They became available to order at about 9.40am, were gone again by 9.42am. My friend, who tried to order at the exact same time, didn't get one.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
Wii
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 08:20:54 PM »

I have my Wii. GameCrazy only got /1/ in, so NOW I'm really lucky for being #6, unlike on Sunday. ANyways, going to try Wii Sports after the Miis are set up, then post my console code in the appropriate thread.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 10:13:03 PM »

Okay guys....listen up if you got a Wii.

Error Code 110213.

If you come across this after downloading the first update from the net and then you try connecting to WiiConnect24/WiiShopChannel call Nintendo.

Problem seems to be (at least from what I can gather) is that the update firmware somehow broke the connection to the WiiConnect24 service, rendering you completely unable to access any Virtual Console stuff.

What they're doing in response is setting everyone who has that error up with an Advance Replacement. All you need is a credit card (visa or mastercard only). They dont charge you anything, and they're upgrading the shipping. What happens is that they send you a replacement unit (just the console. No cables, remote etc.) and when you receive it, you take that one and send back the defective one. Simple.

And hey give them a call and you might get a chance to be berrated by a particular guy in their techsupport call center.

:P

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 11:40:45 AM »

Anyone know if the update is fixed? I don't want to kill my Wii, so I haven't gone online yet.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 12:03:09 PM »

Mine won't even go online. And it's really getting annoying. There are two problems, actually. One: I have this wireless router and it works perfectly for everything in my house... except the Wii. My laptop gets a full connection virtually anywhere I am, but my Wii couldn't even get a connection from across the living room. I moved it closer, and still nothing. They're literally four inches apart right now and it did connect for a second, but then went out again during the update. That's my first problem. I thought the Wii was wi-fi ready out of the box. What the heck's going on with mine?

Second question: my wiimote's signal gets really erratic once I'm about 10 feet away from the sensor bar. At about 15 feet it goes out completely. There's also a really weird tilt to the left all the time- I was bowling in WiiSports and repeatedly tried sending the ball to the right, but it was no good. It always goes left, which is kind of a drag. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

There's nothing in between me and the sensor bar, just as there's nothing between the Wii or the router. But it still won't work.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
Wii
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 01:49:24 PM »

This might be a stupid question, but your network is set for mixed, right? I think the Wii goes by 802.11b, and not by 802.11g. The sensor bar is recommended to be used within 3 to 8 feet, so the best solution would be to find something you can put the sensor bar on that's closer: It's not like that thing's even accurate to where exactly you point on the TV when it's right there anyway.

As for bowling: Probably the way you play or something. I'd recommend asking someone else to play to see what happens for them, though it is possible the motion sensing inside the controller is screwed up. I looked up the support on that after at GameStop with the tilt screwed up for Excitetruck, and you're supposed to return controllers with defective motion sensing.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 05:26:24 PM »

Meh. My router died like five minutes after I posted that. It powered up, started blinking lights like crazy, and then shut off. Oh well.

Bought a new one and now my Wii works fine.

[/url]
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 05:55:57 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Meh. My router died like five minutes after I posted that. It powered up, started blinking lights like crazy, and then shut off. Oh well.

Bought a new one and now my Wii works fine.

You should have called, then I might have been able to help you!

:(

Phoenix's Rage

Wii
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 06:03:24 PM »

You work for Nintendo, Dade? Might just have to hit you up and harass you. :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: