Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 08:03:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335212 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Wii
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Wii  (Read 8425 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2006, 02:58:53 AM »

I'm pretty sure I have a defective remote :/

In both Wii Sports and Zelda, movements don't always register. And like I said before, it tilts to the left. The Nunchuk seems to work fine, which I can't figure out, since it's attached to the remote. It's not ruining anything for me, but it's starting to get really frustrating. Like in Zelda, I aim at a monster and I get the "Point your shit at the screen" thing. My shit is pointed at the screen! It cuts in and out sporadically. I'm only about 6-8 feet away from the sensor bar and nothing's in the way.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
Wii
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2006, 03:16:44 AM »

You can also try adjusting the sensitivity level in the system settings, and see how that works.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2006, 04:30:35 AM »

Quote from: "everluck"
I'm pretty sure I have a defective remote :/

In both Wii Sports and Zelda, movements don't always register. And like I said before, it tilts to the left. The Nunchuk seems to work fine, which I can't figure out, since it's attached to the remote. It's not ruining anything for me, but it's starting to get really frustrating. Like in Zelda, I aim at a monster and I get the "Point your shit at the screen" thing. My shit is pointed at the screen! It cuts in and out sporadically. I'm only about 6-8 feet away from the sensor bar and nothing's in the way.

Try a couple things. First off adjust the sensitivity of the remote. The sensitivity on the console is not like that of a mouse. It adjusts the DISTANCE of the remote. Being within about 6-8 feet you should have it set to either 2 or 3.

Two: Restart the system and when you get to the Health and Safety screen dont press A. Hold the Sync button on the console itself for 15 seconds to clear out it's remote sync memory. Then resync as normal.

If you run into the remote acting very erratically then it's possible the Blutooth signal is receiving some sort of interferrence (florecent lights, satellite and digital cable boxes, and wireless keyboards/mice are big problems when it comes to stuff like that).

After trying all that and you still have the same problems give Nintendo a call and get you taken care of.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2006, 11:25:17 PM »

Thanks Dade. Works sexily now.

[/url]
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2006, 11:57:29 AM »

Oh, I saw the Wii on GMA this morning.  Apparently the Wii is selling at a rate of one per second.  That's amazing!  

Anyways, I have yet to take my Wii online. I'm not wireless so I'm thinking of getting Nintendo's WiFi-USB adaptor. Does anyone have this? If so, how is it and what's the range on the thing? My Wii isn't in the same room as my computer.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2006, 01:18:06 PM »

I bought the USB Wi-Fi for my DS before I got a new modem that was compatible with it. I was able to play all around the my house (which isn't very big) with a strong connection. Going outside was problematic though, but where you'll be using it for the Wii I doubt that will be an issue :P
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2006, 02:30:31 PM »

What Wii games can be played online as of now?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2006, 09:49:48 PM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"

Zero.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"

Zero.

Huh. Then why am I hearing all these people complaing about getting their Wii online?

I don't have a Wii myself yet. I plan on getting one after xmas. After all the madness dies down. I'm glad it's backwards compatible with GC games so I can trade my GC in towards it when I get one. :D

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
Wii
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »

Zero.

Huh. Then why am I hearing all these people complaing about getting their Wii online?

You can buy Virtual Console games, trade Wii numbers and Miis, and get surprise WiiConnect24 updates (one apparently is in the works in time for the Holidays, but that's all I know). So basically, the closest you get to playing games online is buying them online, and getting to have the Miis of others in your Wii Sports games.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2006, 11:43:37 PM »

Of course there will be online gameplay with upcoming games, just nothing yet.

Think of it this way....Nintendo has never really succeeded majorly with online play so what they're trying to do is get everyone comfortable with getting connected, THEN roll out the games.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
Wii
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2006, 11:45:50 PM »

Think of it this way....Nintendo has never really succeeded majorly with online play so what they're trying to do is get everyone comfortable with getting connected, THEN roll out the games.

You know, except with their whole massive Wi Fi Connection thing for the DS.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2006, 12:06:07 AM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"

You know, except with their whole massive Wi Fi Connection thing for the DS.

That has....twelve MASSIVE games.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
Wii
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2006, 12:15:36 AM »

Twelve?  What the fuck are you smoking, and you WORK for Nintendo?

Mario Kart, Tony Hawk: American Skateland, Animal Crossing, Tetris, Metroid, LostMagic, Tenchu, Star Fox, Open Season, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Konductra, Clubhouse Games, Contact, Tony Hawk Downhill Jam, Digimon, FF3.

That's sixteen.  FOUR MORE THAN YOU SAID, SIR, AND ALSO NOT COUNTING MAJOR JAPANESE TITLES LIKE POKEMON DIAMOND/PEARL.

GOOD DAY, SIR.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
JetEnduro

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2006, 01:20:55 AM »

Well I finally got a Wii! On Sunday that is, waited for like an hour and a half...in the snow!! Perfect day for it to start snowing here in Washington, it was worth it though. There was 30 people or so people behind me and the few guys ahead of me by the time Best Buy opened.

Well after plaing about 5 hours of LoZ and Wii Sports i'm glad I waited and got one. Now I just have to wait for SSBB to come out!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: