Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 03:12:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318914 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Wii
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Wii  (Read 8052 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2006, 12:30:24 PM »

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/29/nintendo-wants-goldeneye-back/

All I have to say is....fuck yes. Go get the checkbook, Nintendo, it's gonna get expensive.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2006, 01:48:50 PM »

gonna be tough, Nintendo doesn't own rare anymore, most of the original team left rare anyway, and the james bond license is jealously guarded by EA.  I hope it will come out but it will be an uphill battle.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2006, 02:24:41 PM »

Good luck to Nintendo on that. I never did try the game and not a fps fan so I do not have much interest, though I know many who do.

It's a bummer to me that Microsoft owns rare. I liked a lot of their games on the n64 when I felt the company truly shined. Loved Banjo Kazooie and Jet Force Gemini. Shamefully I have never played Conker though I would like to get it on VC. Guess it won't happen, but you never know.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
Wii
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2006, 02:24:42 PM »

Quote from: "Logick"
and the james bond license is jealously guarded by EA.

Funny how Activision has it now then.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2006, 05:23:36 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "Logick"
and the james bond license is jealously guarded by EA.

Funny how Activision has it now then.

Sorry I'm out of the loop. lol

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2006, 12:24:34 PM »

So the Forecast channel is up.  I guess it went after I went to bed because I briefly woke up in the middle of the night thinking someone turned a light on.  The blue light is certainly bright.  

Anyways, this was one feature of the Wii I was most looking forward too.  No more waiting for the 8ths of ever hour on The Weather Channel for my "local" forecast which doesn't hit a city close to mine.  Plus the satellite weather that Dish Network provides is horrible.  Still I guess the best bet is local news since they break it down into afternoon and evening so you know when the temperature is going to drop, not just the highs.

Getting back on track, I like the global weather.  I spent some time this morning checking out the weather for my family and friends across the world.  I'm a bit surprised by the lack of cities in Japan.  They have like only 5.  Anyways, they need to get Nagoya up so I can check on my brother.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2006, 02:56:58 PM »

I'm really impressed with the Forcast Channel. There's just something really cool about wandering around the earth (google earth style), and knowing that it's -29 degrees on Everest right now, or actually hearing rain over the forcast, when you point at a very cloudy Johannesburg (my favorite feature so far).

Is it just me, or does Tokyo have a different style of weather icons? Their clouds look different than mine (more like Super Mario clouds).

Also, web browser on friday. Kinda.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/751/751583p1.html

Hey, a trial version is just fine with me.

Quote from: CluelessWonder
So the Forecast channel is up.  I guess it went after I went to bed because I briefly woke up in the middle of the night thinking someone turned a light on.  The blue light is certainly bright.quote]

I think You can turn can turn it off (or at least dim the light) in the settings. I didn't have my Wii connected last light or else I would have turned it off. I hate waking up in the middle of the night.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
Wii
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2006, 09:42:21 PM »

In case you guys havent heard along with the Forcast Channel being up a day early (big whoop) the fabled Internet Channel will be available on Friday!

Opera Beta download will be available in the WiiShopChan and will remain in beta until late March 07. The browser will be a free download until end of June and thereafter it will cost 500 Wii Points.

Stoked to say the least. Nice little surprise for Christmas.

Edit: Oh and this isnt just for Europeans as the IGN link Murdoc posted claims. It's for everyone.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: