Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 06:44:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341087 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGFan Pokémon Tournament
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Pokémon Tournament  (Read 356 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: February 05, 2014, 10:11:45 PM »

So with the release of Pokémon Bank I'm going to hold a Pokémon Tournament for the RPGFan forums. I'd have a banner here but I suck at images.

So anyway, rules will be simple: no legendaries, double battles. Players are allowed six Pokémon with two for switch outs between matches (total of eight). Switches may only be used in between match-ups. Matches will be best two out of three. To keep things simple and the playing field level, Pokémon cannot have move tutor abilities from before Gen VI; if you bred a Pokémon (for example, a Hippowdon) in Gen VI that wasn't obtainable in X and Y, that's okay, but you can't have, say, a Hippowdon with Stealth Rock because that's clearly a Gen V transfer. To facilitate this, players should send photos of their eight chosen Pokémon to me via PM clearly displaying the blue Kalos pentagon on their status screen.

Winners will receive a prize based on placement, which is a choice of selecting Pokémon from the following list to be traded to them: Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

First place receives their choice of three Pokémon from the list.
Second place receives their choice of two Pokémon from the list not claimed by first place winner.
Third place receives their choice of one Pokémon from the list not claimed by first and second place winners.
Fourth place receives one of the following Pokémon: Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos.

Some of the Pokémon are shiny, to make it a surprise I'll remain silent on which ones.

Anyway, we'll see how much interest this gathers. Date will be set tentatively for Saturday, February 15, to give people time to breed/train. Happy battling.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:50:17 AM »

I'm always down for a showdown.

I'm dying currently though from the flu, so gimmie a few days. I'm busy fending off the grim reaper.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 09:19:34 AM »

I am up for this. I have been in about three PvP battles but it sounds fun. Think I will need to create a new team though. No way my Ratticate and Butterfree can face other RPGFan trainers.

Edit: Actually, screw it. I will use my normal team. Bros before KOs. I am really new to battling so it isn't like I would win even if I used a proper team.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:52:40 PM by Darilon » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: