Author Topic: Most Mature RPG (and non-RPG)  (Read 5148 times)

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: Most Mature RPG (and non-RPG)
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 08:42:31 PM »
RPG:

I'd like to say Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Non-RPG:

Red Dead Redemption.

Spec Ops: The Line?

Back when it came out I was fairly impressed with Spec Ops: The Line, but later I noticed that the game was praised for doing stuff that MGS1 and 2 did more than a decade ago and it got shit for doing so.

For non-RPG. . . *shrug*
Everything that comes to mind would be "mature" in the generic ratings way; blood and tits.
The Metal Gear Solids touch on some mature themes. . . but they're also hard to take seriously.

The games know how to have fun with their own universe, that doesn't diminishes the mature themes the series touches upon.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 08:46:45 PM »
Back when it came out I was fairly impressed with Spec Ops: The Line, but later I noticed that the game was praised for doing stuff that MGS1 and 2 did more than a decade ago and it got shit for doing so.

Confession time.
The only MGS game I've ever played is the bad one on the NES.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 09:10:03 PM »
Confession time.
The only MGS game I've ever played is the bad one on the NES.

lol~

At least that version of Metal Gear made the name of the series known in the West by selling a decent amount of copies in its time.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 09:17:11 PM »
Surprised Shadow Hearts hasn't been mentioned. Joachim and To the New World excluded.
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 10:48:34 PM »
What the hell is mature mean, anyway? Are we just talking about whatever stereotypical adult themes are, and the level of tact with which they're handled?

For non-RPGs I want to say The Sea Will Claim Everything or Photopia -- especially Sea; Photopia's arguably a bit too emotionally manipulative -- but these are both barely games.

Although if I wanted to pick a game that had themes that, like, grew with me? Maybe Earthbound for the RPG?
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`