Author Topic: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Ragnarok1051

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
« on: January 28, 2016, 11:50:04 AM »
The game is out today on the Wii U. Anyone picking it up? I loved this game when I was a kid and it was my first srpg so I'll definitely be getting this soon.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 10:58:09 PM »
I played it...I think Last year? On my Game Boy Advance. I used to emulate it a lot, too. It's can be a really grindy slog if you play a lot at once, but taken in chunks, it's a decent portable strategy RPG from a time period where portable Strategy RPGs were practically unheard of.

I think. I hadn't heard of them until FFTA came out, at least.

Fun fact: It's one of the 5 GBA games I bought a few years back at least partly because I remembered seeing advertisements for them in Nintendo Power when I was growing up. The other four being:

Robopon 2
Demikids
Sonic Battle
Medabots: Rokusho Version

Only one I was missing was Sigma Star Saga, but thankfully I recovered from whatever blow to the head made me decide buying that lot was a good idea.

Also, technically that was the reason I got Super Robot Taisen OG2, Boktai, Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament, and Summon Night Swordcraft Story 1 & 2, but I got them way earlier. And they were actually good.

I guess Sword of Mana would count, too, but it wasn't really an ad so much a full article...which I never actually read - To this day I don't even know what the plot is, since for whatever reason I quit playing 5 minutes in and haven't gone back since. All I remember was staring at the sideboob on the first page...I was a weird kid. >_>;
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:11:38 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes