Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 02:35:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329258 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Will Final Fantasy XV really be a game of this gen?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Will Final Fantasy XV really be a game of this gen?  (Read 435 times)
zodiar333

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2014, 01:39:28 PM »

Final Fantasy XV was originlly planned for the ps3/xbox360 as VERSUS, but is now for the new generation. But don't  you think when ffxv will release, it will still have the taste of a last gen game? Because i can't imagine that SE begun to make big effort of changing this game for the new gen...

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 04:39:35 PM »

Yes. Im pretty sure they scrapped the game for last gen a long time ago, hence why the game has been in development hell.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »

I'm not even sure what the question is asking considering that every "next gen" game we've gotten so far has been just like the previous gen but with prettier graphics.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 05:22:57 PM »

Judging from the trailers, it looks miles better than anything we got this Gen.

pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »

I wonder if they will do a PC port. I've heard that it is possible since it runs on Direct 11x or something like that.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 02:33:51 PM »

But don't  you think when ffxv will release, it will still have the taste of a last gen game? Because i can't imagine that SE begun to make big effort of changing this game for the new gen...

It has been said that whatever Versus XIII was in concept it was expanded further for XV in something much bigger or better balanced for the overall presentation of the game.

In other words, Versus always appeared to be too big of an effort for SQEX to be achieved on last gen hardware.

I wonder if they will do a PC port. I've heard that it is possible since it runs on Direct 11x or something like that.

Nomura mentioned that they could consider it if there's demand for it. If I where you though I wouldn't give myself any kind of expectation since something like that could go either way given how SQEX's priorities always clashes with whatever the fans might want.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: