Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 08:32:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329981 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc  (Read 2518 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 11:25:50 PM »

Fair enough. I was just trying to get a feel for the tone.

Hell this is Vita only? For some reason I was thinking it was on both handhelds.

I guess I was thinking of VLR. First game in a while that has made me consider picking one up.

There's this, Ys, Gravity Rush.....I need one more game to convince me to grab one.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:27:30 PM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 11:40:44 PM »

It's a great ride, I suggest you pick it up if it interests you. :)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Deufo
The Duke

Three times faster

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 04:22:14 PM »

Fair enough. I was just trying to get a feel for the tone.

Hell this is Vita only? For some reason I was thinking it was on both handhelds.

I guess I was thinking of VLR. First game in a while that has made me consider picking one up.

There's this, Ys, Gravity Rush.....I need one more game to convince me to grab one.

Soul Sacrifice, P4G and Toukiden. They're all pretty good too.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 06:17:50 AM »

This game is pretty incredible, I wish I had gotten into the series sooner.  I only intend to play for an hour or so at a time, but I just can't stop and suddenly it's 3 in the morning.  I like how it intentionally spins you around in circles (also done in a literal, meta way with the camera during the not-court sessions).
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2014, 07:50:12 PM »

I hear it's good, Little Lady seems to enjoy it a lot, actually between this and Persona Golden I have yet to TOUCH our Vita! My own fault I guess for buying her the games, lol. Seriously I really look forward to playing this one.

Everything's Eventual
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 11:11:29 PM »

Even with some of the plot spoiled I guess I'm going to have to get it after seeing all the praise.  I'll probably get 1 and 2 at the same time and plow through both.
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 04:38:18 PM »

I've had this pre-ordered for a while now. Can't wait to get home and play it. People loved it from what I saw when the fan translation came out on PSP. Really looking forward to the second one, and hopefully NISA will bring over the shooter spin off.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 04:12:45 PM »

I tumbled on to the executions for this game on YouTube.

They're absolutely brilliant!  Oh man, what a feast for the eyes!
I wasn't keen on the game's artist at all, but I do love seeing the characters come to life....well, through death.

Ifwhen I get a Vita, this will probably be a purchase.

I love the song too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-o18U03wY

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 04:45:29 PM »

You've just spoiled yourself on all the villains of the game then :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 04:50:11 PM »

Given the budget I'm working with these days, i'll forget who they are by the time I even get a Vita.

And, ironically, I only got interested in the title because I saw the executions.  ...Womp womp. :/

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 05:02:07 PM »

Given the budget I'm working with these days, i'll forget who they are by the time I even get a Vita.

And, ironically, I only got interested in the title because I saw the executions.  ...Womp womp. :/

I watched the entire anime and spoiled everything for myself. The game still has much more character development involved so its certainly worth it.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 08:28:17 PM »

The brutality of the first execution was what really cemented my opinion of the game.  Though I did think the first one was probably the worst, given it probably took a lot longer to die than the others. Well, except the last one, obviously.

Anyway, it's a great game.  You have to purposely overlook a few things that cause plot holes, but most are minor enough that it doesn't matter.  It would have been better if the original plan for multiple routes was implemented, but hey, that's what DR3 and on is for.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »

Finished bravely default and am now playing this. Really enjoying it so far although I did end up changing the bullet difficulty since I just want to relax and enjoy the story and solve the mysteries. Currently in chapter three. :)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 12:09:25 PM »

The brutality of the first execution was what really cemented my opinion of the game.  Though I did think the first one was probably the worst, given it probably took a lot longer to die than the others. Well, except the last one, obviously.

Anyway, it's a great game.  You have to purposely overlook a few things that cause plot holes, but most are minor enough that it doesn't matter.  It would have been better if the original plan for multiple routes was implemented, but hey, that's what DR3 and on is for.

What holes?
There were things left unexplained but I don't remember any holes.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2014, 01:32:11 PM »

What holes?
There were things left unexplained but I don't remember any holes.

I don't know about Cyril but the two big ones for me were

Code:
they made such a big deal about the number of lights at the morgue which makes sense... until you realise that Mondo was now an empty tub of butter and would not need to be in the morgue. The bodies were left there to be preserved and plastic doesn't degrade that quickly.

I can overlook the Deus Ex Machina of Naegi being saved from the execution at the last second but how the hell did both Kirigiri and Naegi survive that fall? No way a pile of trash would cushion a fall of that height, especially in Kirigiri's case.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: