Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 05:52:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341322 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Kingdom Come: Deliverance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance  (Read 1120 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:46:43 PM »

Yes, yes, another Kickstarter...

This one seems a lot more ambitious than most Kickstarter projects.  It's a large-scale open world realistic (rather than fantasy) medieval RPG.  It's worth mentioning that they do not expect to fund the whole game on Kickstarter.  They already have a private investor but apparently publishers are skeptical that a game like this would actually sell so the Kickstarter is more about showing that there is demand rather than raising money.  Considering that the goal has almost been met in just over a day I guess that mission was accomplished...

Anyway, it's a pretty cool looking project.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:18:37 AM »

Part of me thinks this looks good, while another part of me thinks this thing will get really boring (not a fan of open world). I'll take a look at it more later.
FallenGrace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 10:17:31 AM »

Really surprised by the small attention this game is getting in here. I funded it if anything just to support a new RPG dev. That and I think it looks and sounds fantastic.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 06:46:15 AM »

I decided to back it (although at a slightly lower tier than I would have liked because that conversion rate is brutal). I think it probably isn't getting as much attention here because the people who frequent here to tend to be more of JRPG people than WRPG people. Also the thread title doesn't mention this is a Kickstarter, so some people might just be skipping over the thread because they don't know the game title. *shrug*
FallenGrace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 09:51:05 AM »

I can see that. I tend to play both in fairly equal measure.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 06:46:26 AM »

My gosh this thing is getting insane funding. 14k yesterday. Would not be surprised if it ended up being 1.2 million at the end of the campaign.
FallenGrace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 05:34:22 AM »

My gosh this thing is getting insane funding. 14k yesterday. Would not be surprised if it ended up being 1.2 million at the end of the campaign.
I don't think it will, funding on it is slowing down, my bet is more like 800,000 ( of course if you meant dollars perhaps XD)

It has done very well though i'm glad to see.

siveon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 03:51:44 PM »

Skyrim + Mount & Blade?

Hope this does well, though my usual Kickstarter instinct is to think this is gonna be defunct in some manner. I will be keeping my eye on this one, it's pretty interesting.
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 07:36:16 PM »

It looks pretty promising but the amount of designers who made this are only like 40 people at most, so I'll be skeptical until we're shown more about it.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 09:22:19 PM »

I'm not really a fan of open world games or Western RPG's, so I won't be funding it.  I do hope it turns out to be success, though, if only convince publishers that there are other genres of games that can be profitable.

FallenGrace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 08:05:15 AM »

Looks like the game has had official confirmation of a PS4/Xbone release. They are also sharing some of their engine tech and vice versa with the Star Citizen devs as they're both using the cryengine. Indies unite!

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 06:41:02 AM »

So game funded with 1.1 million pounds. A respectable amount. In the end I went up to a sword pledge. Conversion rate might be brutal, but I discovered that the cost is about the same as the cost of genuinely forged sword so w/e.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: